Bought Pipo M6Pro (Big problem with it)

Search This thread

MartK87

Jun 10, 2013
Hi guys

I have just purchased the Pipo M6 Pro (Which has built in GPS) from Pipomall.

Even though the the battery is fully charged. I still cant get the unit to turn on. Tried the on/off button by holding it in many times.
Anyway finally the reset button resets it and that does work. I'll go away for 10 or so minutes and try to turn the device off standby mode to which it does not do anything. Makes me think tha unit is off so i then try to turn it on by holding the button down for 5 seconds. Nothing. Only a 'reset' at the back of the unit turns it on.

I have got onto Pipomall where i bought it from about this.

They have directed me to this website to a firmware upgrade. However the firmware upgrade doesnt exist for the M6 Pro. Only for the M6.

I really need a firmware for the M6 Pro in English as this is the one that has GPS & built in 3G.

I am guessing the firmware upgrade is my only option? Unless theres any other suggestions you can think of?

Quite disappointed about this.

If i can't upgrade it i'll have to send it back i think.

Thanks.

MartK87

Jun 10, 2013
Thanks for the help people.

I have done the factory reset.

Gonna wait some time and see if the issue occurs.

If it does i iwll do the upgrade,

If the upgrade fixes the issue i will let you all know that its worked ok.

Thanks so much again

lambada24

Jun 3, 2010
Thanks for the help people.

I have done the factory reset.

Gonna wait some time and see if the issue occurs.

If it does i iwll do the upgrade,

If the upgrade fixes the issue i will let you all know that its worked ok.

Thanks so much again

Is your M6 Pro performing satisfactorily now? Would be great if you could give us a short review of it as there aren't any online yet. I'm particularly interested in knowing if the GPS is any good. Thanks :)

jackdaburby

May 30, 2011
Boise
I have an s1 pro and it will charger but not power on. I tried the upgrade tool but I keep getting IDB fail. Can anyone help. The tech guy says I have to keep guessing with the buttons during the upgrade till I find the flash.

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

melsaltas

Dec 3, 2013
Hi guys

I have just purchased the Pipo M6 Pro (Which has built in GPS) from Pipomall.

Even though the the battery is fully charged. I still cant get the unit to turn on. Tried the on/off button by holding it in many times.
Anyway finally the reset button resets it and that does work. I'll go away for 10 or so minutes and try to turn the device off standby mode to which it does not do anything. Makes me think tha unit is off so i then try to turn it on by holding the button down for 5 seconds. Nothing. Only a 'reset' at the back of the unit turns it on.

I have got onto Pipomall where i bought it from about this.

They have directed me to this website to a firmware upgrade. However the firmware upgrade doesnt exist for the M6 Pro. Only for the M6.

I really need a firmware for the M6 Pro in English as this is the one that has GPS & built in 3G.

I am guessing the firmware upgrade is my only option? Unless theres any other suggestions you can think of?

Quite disappointed about this.

If i can't upgrade it i'll have to send it back i think.

Thanks.

Hi!
Have you found a solution for the reset button because mine does the exact same thing.
Mel

Lostra73

Jan 12, 2014
Hello,
I bought a PIPO M6 pro too,
Actually two of them. Both have the same issue: the day it arrived they turned on, without problems.
After some hours I put them under charge... and after that, they don't turn on anymore.
No sign of life.
I tried with the reset button, reset-On/Off button combo, any other combinatrion of buttons...
Nothing happens.
What should I do? Did anyone have the same issue?

Ah.. first one I send it back to the seller.. the second one is the substitute! :((

Thanks in advance,
Alessandro

dibnah

May 26, 2006
I got the sumvision voyager 2 which is the same as the m6 pro but rebadged for the UK. Its a rocking tablet especially once you put a custom ROM on it. There's plenty of developers around, though unlike my old archos g9 there doesnt seem to be any on here. We have overclocking ROMs and overclocked ram roms to get rid of any lag, which to be fair from stock I haven't experienced. Though mine has the app memory modded to 4gb from 2gb, the ROM I use can go up to 16gb for apps if necessary. Compared Tony old 1gb/16gb G9 Turbo this tablet really blows it away especially on the display and battery life.

Pipo firmware is available on the .cn pipo websitewebsite

Last edited:

Bad-sheep-boy

Mar 11, 2014
Hello,
I bought a PIPO M6 pro too,
Actually two of them. Both have the same issue: the day it arrived they turned on, without problems.
After some hours I put them under charge... and after that, they don't turn on anymore.
No sign of life.
I tried with the reset button, reset-On/Off button combo, any other combinatrion of buttons...
Nothing happens.
What should I do? Did anyone have the same issue?

Ah.. first one I send it back to the seller.. the second one is the substitute! :((

Thanks in advance,
Alessandro

May the charger is bad? so the tablet can't turn on