Klick (Pressy clone)

Search This thread

lazik

Mar 11, 2007
PLandia
I use HBC that's all. Klick app is good when you need long press. I need Tasker support and only HBC give me full support for Tasker tasks.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G900F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Reactions: frezd91

clutterking

Jan 15, 2010
I second https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kober.headsetbutton Works great for the Klick on the Galaxy S5, would be worth buying the pro version.

Trying to use Klick on my Motorola Razr HD on the other hand is a different story. The phone (independent of rom!) interprets the click as a mouse press on the screen which makes it completely useless :(

Update!
I finally got the Klick to work on my Razr HD. Knowing that the click action is essentially a headset press (thus why the apps ask what you plugged it), I was able to troubleshoot based on that and found my answer in this thread:
http://xdaforums.com/nexu...trols-t1997277
Basically you install the Key test app in that thread and find out what the click is being interpreted as by android, in my case it was "BUTTON_1" with an address of key 256. This is wrong, we want the button to be "HEADSETHOOK". (Your button number will likely be different depending on phone model)
I opened /system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl in root explorer and changed the "BUTTON_1" to "HEADSETHOOK" next to key 256, saved and rebooted. Works great now. Good luck guys!

The bad news:
Nexus 7 (2012) doesn't detect any button presses at all from the Klick

Ever get this working? My Galaxy S3 doesn't detect a click either.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

frezd91

Aug 15, 2013
Ever get this working? My Galaxy S3 doesn't detect a click either.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Try this: first of all be sure app is running. Then insert your Klick/Mikey/Pressy without pressing the button and if detected select Klick/Mikey/Pressy (obviously). Sometimes when I accidentally press the button it doesn't work properly.

Be careful with Klick and Mikey apps, Norton listed them as malware. I bought Klick and I switched to AutomateIt with Pressy plug-in.

Last edited:

badutahboy

Sep 27, 2007
How fast/slow does this app/hardware react for everyone?

I bought one of these , and it is ridiculously slow to react no matter which app I use. I can generally get a single click to work, occasionally a double, but I have yet to successfully trigger a triple click event.

I've tried the klick app, HBC, and a couple other apps from the market (can't remember which, as I deleted them when they didn't work).

Is this a normal behavior, or should it react much quicker? I'd like to believe a single button press should be a simple press and release, not a press, hold for 1.5 seconds and release...

frezd91

Aug 15, 2013
How fast/slow does this app/hardware react for everyone?

I bought one of these , and it is ridiculously slow to react no matter which app I use. I can generally get a single click to work, occasionally a double, but I have yet to successfully trigger a triple click event.

I've tried the klick app, HBC, and a couple other apps from the market (can't remember which, as I deleted them when they didn't work).

Is this a normal behavior, or should it react much quicker? I'd like to believe a single button press should be a simple press and release, not a press, hold for 1.5 seconds and release...

You can do a simple test. If headphones button has no lag when you normally use it, you can connect them to the phone and choose the klick/pressy on the pop-up. Now your phone recognize headphones like a klick/pressy and you can try to activate your action with headphones button. If there is not delay your klick/pressy is faulty, otherwise is all ok and that is the time needed by the app to process.

However response time depends on phone hardware too. Furthermore the app takes a moment in which you can do another press. For example if you short press once, the app wait for a your eventual second press before performing preset function.

badutahboy

Sep 27, 2007
You can do a simple test. If headphones button has no lag when you normally use it, you can connect them to the phone and choose the klick/pressy on the pop-up. Now your phone recognize headphones like a klick/pressy and you can try to activate your action with headphones button. If there is not delay your klick/pressy is faulty, otherwise is all ok and that is the time needed by the app to process.

However response time depends on phone hardware too. Furthermore the app takes a moment in which you can do another press. For example if you short press once, the app wait for a your eventual second press before performing preset function.

So with my Samsung headphones, I can click as fast as I want and HBC recognizes it instantly. 3 clicks in under a second yields the triple click response. With the headset button, it won't register that I did ANYTHING if I click 3x that quickly. In fact, I CANNOT get a double click to register with HBC, and with Klick, I have to hold each push for approx 1 second.

I guess I'm filling a request for a replacement..

sonarwave

Sep 12, 2014
so i just received my Klick device today for my samsung s5. i noticed that it said that the long press was invalid and that i had to set it to always open with klick. when i hit the always button, it just goes straight to s voice. when i go back into the Klick app, it still says invalid. and when i tap on it, it just says there is an error (in the error popup, if i tap go edit, it also goes straight to s voice). so i cleared the default application and tried it again and same thing, it goes straight to s voice.

anyone have any ideas if there is a work around for this?

thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

joelstitch

Jan 29, 2012
Minneapolis
so i just received my Klick device today for my samsung s5. i noticed that it said that the long press was invalid and that i had to set it to always open with klick. when i hit the always button, it just goes straight to s voice. when i go back into the Klick app, it still says invalid. and when i tap on it, it just says there is an error (in the error popup, if i tap go edit, it also goes straight to s voice). so i cleared the default application and tried it again and same thing, it goes straight to s voice.

anyone have any ideas if there is a work around for this?

thanks in advance :)

I fixed that by

1. Turn off the option on S-Voice to open the app with the double click on the Home button.
2. Freezing S-Voice on TitaniumBackup
3. Going to Klcik and clicking on the long press option should now give you the option to open the action with Klick.
4. Select Klick and click on ALWAYS.
5. Try it out, if it works Unfreeze S-Voice and everything should be working.

Reactions: sonarwave

sonarwave

Sep 12, 2014
I fixed that by

1. Turn off the option on S-Voice to open the app with the double click on the Home button.
2. Freezing S-Voice on TitaniumBackup
3. Going to Klcik and clicking on the long press option should now give you the option to open the action with Klick.
4. Select Klick and click on ALWAYS.
5. Try it out, if it works Unfreeze S-Voice and everything should be working.

thank you for the quick reply!

are there any alternative ways? i'm asking because i haven't rooted my phone (from what i gather, it should be rather easy) and according to titaniumbackup, i need a pro version to be able to freeze apps?

chinobar

Mar 21, 2013
Hoping it's okay to bump this old thread, but i just received my Klick button and i'm having trouble with the phone thinking it has a headset plugged in, so all sound goes through the nonexistant speakers plugged into the headphone jack, same with microphone when taking a phone call.

Is there any way to fix this?
I tried yesterday to listen to music through my bluetooth headset with Klick plugged in to, and that gave some mixed results. Sometimes Klick decides to just continuously decrease my volume until it is silent, this happens totally randomly, either when listening to music, or then phone just lays on the table causing it to go into Vibrate Only mode.

That is very annoying.

akash7071

Jun 1, 2013
I too brought a Klick clone. Not sure whether its branded or not. it works well with klick app. i would like to do some more exploring and experimenting. anybody have any links?

JelleM

Feb 1, 2015
I too brought a Klick clone. Not sure whether its branded or not. it works well with klick app. i would like to do some more exploring and experimenting. anybody have any links?

I've had mostly good results with the app KeyCut by Lennox, including it rerouting all audio back to the actual phone instead of sending it to a headset that isn't there - but I'm still waiting on my BlueTooth headphones to arrive so I can't test those yet.

lobie81

Jul 15, 2011
Townsville
Thanks for that. I'll check out KeyCut. TBH I haven't used my Klicks for quite a while. I just don't have any real application for them at the moment. I also fond the RazrHD used to keep taking control back from the Klick app periodically and it would stop working until I pulled it out and put it back in, which was obviously annoying. I have a Z3 Compact now. Might get them out again and have another play.

ezio84

Oct 18, 2009
Giovinazzo (Bari)
On the topic of using Tasker to control Klick, I found an app called Headset Button Controller
Thanks for the hint, best app i tried out for my Pressy clone.
Profiles and music app handling work well.

EDIT: found a problem, the screen doesn't go off when i put the phone near the face while the app is running and the Pressy mode is enabled.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is an additional hardware button for your android device that goes into your headphone jack. Not unlike the Pressy kick starter project. It's under $5 delivered from here http://www.dx.com/p/3-5mm-plug-shortcut-key-for-android-phone-silver-315648#.U2DYX3k_70x. I've ordered a couple to see how useful they are. There is an app that goes with it, but it would be awesome to see some custom app development for these things. I reckon they could do some pretty cool things with root access.

Anyway, what do we think?
    Yep, got this one last week. There is an issue with app which I'm trying to figure out. That is a reason why I haven't posted my review ;)

The button works perfectly. The app asks you if you want to use it as Klick or headphone, and no matter what I select, it always works as Klick. So, when I insert my headphones with in-line remote, clicking on play button activates pre-defined Klick shortcuts. I need to try it with another phone to make sure it's not related to my Note 2. Other than that, app works great where you can define single, double, triple click and long press, assigning it to different apps as a shortcut.

Have you try using the app? Does it work selecting between Klick and headphones?

That button triggers the same intent as the headphones button. So why don't you use an app that recognizes that button, best recommendation being Tasker, of course?
    I use HBC that's all. Klick app is good when you need long press. I need Tasker support and only HBC give me full support for Tasker tasks.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G900F przy użyciu Tapatalka
    I've ordered a Klick button. Could I use the Pressy's app with it instead of the original Klick app?

Since the hardware is the same, theoretically you may use it. But Pressy app requires an activation code provided only with Pressy button.