[Q] Bootloop even after Nandroid Backup restore

Search This thread
Aug 29, 2012
Hello there,

I wanted to flash The newest Neatrom (5.6 Aroma) on my phone. I come from Neatrom Lite 4.9.1 with Philz Kernel. I use CWM 6.0.3.3

Now I got kind of a bootloop. When I see the boot animation, after estimated 10 seconds the screen turns off. Then I get the bootanimation again and the whole thing repeats, but in a little shorter intervals (5 seconds).

What I did:
1. Install Zip: "GS2ROMNukeV2.12"
2. Install "I9100XWMS2_NeatROM_v5.6_Aroma"
- got bootloop on restart -
3. restore backup

I tried to restore various older nandroid backups, but the problem persists. I also tried factory reset, I deleted cache and dalvic cache and fixed permissions. I have no Idea how to solve this... :confused:

Any help is welcome.
Is there a possibility to fully clean the internal sd-card before a new flash? I thought this might solve it.

Aug 29, 2012
Sounds like tou forgot to backup preload partition
Flash again neatrom 5.6 with full wipe then restore from backup only data

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

thank you!
You were right, I didn't back up the preload partition... I thought this is backed up by default. Now I changed the settings and it will be backed up by default.
I somehow managed to get my phone to work again, by installing an half year old RevoltROM version, then I installed the Neatrom 5.6 again, shut the phone down and installed the backup of NeatROM 4.9.1 . I guess my preload partition is kind of a mess now. I have some small funktions of the 5.6 version in my older System now. :laugh:

I'm doing a full backup (with the preload folder) now, and am going to try to flash it the way you said.

AAaaaannnnd......... ...

it worked o.o :D

Thank you! :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sounds like tou forgot to backup preload partition
    Flash again neatrom 5.6 with full wipe then restore from backup only data

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app