Com.android.systemui stopped randomly.

Search This thread

Mechayoshi

Mar 12, 2014
Hello guys, any help would be appreciated.

My note 3 is rooted on the stock rom. I hadn't changed anything or installed anything new. I cut my phone on and I get that message. I'm unable to run any apps and the message shows up immediately after cutting the phone on. My status bar isn't visible either.

Do I have any options? Since the phones unusable, I can't factory reset. I've tried different batteries and taking out my memory card. The phone literally soft bricked itself overnight.

6a56bbaa0cebb3d84afdbe173cb43798.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

micmars

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
Hello guys, any help would be appreciated.

My note 3 is rooted on the stock rom. I hadn't changed anything or installed anything new. I cut my phone on and I get that message. I'm unable to run any apps and the message shows up immediately after cutting the phone on. My status bar isn't visible either.

Do I have any options? Since the phones unusable, I can't factory reset. I've tried different batteries and taking out my memory card. The phone literally soft bricked itself overnight.

6a56bbaa0cebb3d84afdbe173cb43798.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Running Odin, reflash the tar for the firmware you're running.

If you can get into a custom recovery, you can always push system ui back to system, priv-app via the file manager built into TWRP.

Such behavior is common, especially if running conflicting Xposed modules.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Mechayoshi

Mar 12, 2014
Running Odin, reflash the tar for the firmware you're running.

If you can get into a custom recovery, you can always push system ui back to system, priv-app via the file manager built into TWRP.

Such behavior is common, especially if running conflicting Xposed modules.

Thank you but what if I don't have TWRP? As for reflashing the tar, I'm not using anything custom. All I have is a full (non rooted) restore file and the file I used to root it with Odin. Would I need to flash one of those, and if I do, would I lose data?

micmars

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
Thank you but what if I don't have TWRP? As for reflashing the tar, I'm not using anything custom. All I have is a full (non rooted) restore file and the file I used to root it with Odin. Would I need to flash one of those, and if I do, would I lose data?

If you flashed the stock tar, then yes, you'll lose data and root, but the items in your internal storage will be left intact (pictures, music, documents, etc).

Since you're rooted, if you are able to get into system, then you could download titanium backup to save your call logs, mms, sms, etc, then flash the stock tar again.

Short of that, you could flash recovery, which will trip Knox if the root method you used did not, or, flash the stock tar again and move on.

Reactions: Mechayoshi

Mechayoshi

Mar 12, 2014
Ok. I restored and the phone worked again. But when I tried to update xposed, the phone did the same thing again. Is there anyway to use exposed without this happening again?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If you flashed the stock tar, then yes, you'll lose data and root, but the items in your internal storage will be left intact (pictures, music, documents, etc).

Since you're rooted, if you are able to get into system, then you could download titanium backup to save your call logs, mms, sms, etc, then flash the stock tar again.

Short of that, you could flash recovery, which will trip Knox if the root method you used did not, or, flash the stock tar again and move on.