jpc2190

Oct 17, 2010
What ROMs Are supported
======================
Calkulin's_GT-P7510_HMJ37.UEKM7_TW
More to come soon
================

*Theme has been tested.
I'm not responsible for anything that happens to your tab.

Installation
============
Place downloaded theme on the root of the sd-card
Boot Into CWM Recovery
Make a nandroid backup
install Zip from SD-Card
Chose the zip you moved over
let it flash
reboot

=======================

Bugs: Color of usb debugging needs to be fixed will do that soon sorry.

Report anything you see in the thread
============================

Downloads
================
For Calkulin's_GT-P7510_HMJ37.UEKM7_TW Rom
Stock_Theme_withtw.zip

Screenshot is below.

Credit goes to
====================
Calkulin for the rom.

====================

gtuansdiamm

Nov 15, 2010
New York
In the screen shot the wifi is still touch wiz colored an so are the buttons

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA Premium App

jpc2190

Oct 17, 2010
this is just the a task bar theme for now will do more tonight, just wanted to release the taskbar theme since there were a few threads on it will do all the icons and have it done in a few days, also will do the notifications at some point in my bust week.

icehero919

Oct 6, 2009
so far loving this theme, any chance that you will also change the clock and the settings page to look like stock honeycomb too?

x-ravin

Apr 7, 2010
Woohoo! Now I can update. I can't stand the TouchWiz theme, looks like I'm going backwards in technology.

so far loving this theme, any chance that you will also change the clock and the settings page to look like stock honeycomb too?

The bar icons, the clock, and the settings page are probably the only things holding me back from sticking with the TW ROM.... I put Calkulin's deodex'd version a few days ago and was back to the vanilla 3.1 in a matter of 10 minutes! It really looks horrible and needs to be reverted!

EvoXOhio

Mar 23, 2011
The bar icons, the clock, and the settings page are probably the only things holding me back from sticking with the TW ROM.... I put Calkulin's deodex'd version a few days ago and was back to the vanilla 3.1 in a matter of 10 minutes! It really looks horrible and needs to be reverted!

So you're willing to give up all the speed and functionality improvements that touchwiz provides because of some icons and colors?

WTF?

So you're willing to give up all the speed and functionality improvements that touchwiz provides because of some icons and colors?

WTF?

I think it's humorous that people think there were so many improvements from ADDING stuff to the vanilla 3.1 that shipped with the 10.1.... show me 3 people who have had better Quadrant scores after adding a new UI, because I really didn't see it for the 10 minutes I had it on my Tab before going right back to my backed up stock ROM.

And yes, if I overclock my stock 3.1, why WOULDN'T I want to keep it over this silly UI upgrade???

pantlessjim

May 5, 2009
Detroit

WTF?

I don't have a ton of apps on my tab, but I get better performance with stock Android than the TW update.

The only improvement I see is the browser. I can use dolphin to fix that, and the new look is very unappealing to me. I also get better home screen performance on standard honeycomb.

EvoXOhio

Mar 23, 2011
I think it's humorous that people think there were so many improvements from ADDING stuff to the vanilla 3.1 that shipped with the 10.1.... show me 3 people who have had better Quadrant scores after adding a new UI, because I really didn't see it for the 10 minutes I had it on my Tab before going right back to my backed up stock ROM.

And yes, if I overclock my stock 3.1, why WOULDN'T I want to keep it over this silly UI upgrade???

1. Stock quadrant scores are around 1500. Touchwiz quadrant scores are 2300.
2. With touchwiz, the galaxy tab 10.1 is now the only honeycomb tablet with no keyboard lag in the browser. Samsung fixed something in the webkit engine or something. Stock honeycomb on the galaxy tab 10.1 and every other tab in existence has the lag.
3. The samsung Widgets are fantastic.

The killer feature for me was fixing the browser lag. I can now finally type on sites like XDA without wanting to break my tab in half.

But the point at my previous post was that I was shocked that people who remove touchwiz because they dididnt like some icons and colors. This is a computer, not a fashion accessory. Did you buy a tablet to do stuff with it, or for it to look pretty?

Last edited:
1. Stock quadrant scores are around 1500. Touchwiz quadrant scores are 2300.
2. With touchwiz, the galaxy tab 10.1 is now the only honeycomb tablet with no keyboard lag in the browser. Samsung fixed something in the webkit engine or something. Stock honeycomb on the galaxy tab 10.1 and every other tab in existence has the lag.
3. The samsung Widgets are fantastic.

The killer feature for me was fixing the browser lag. I can now finally type on sites like XDA without wanting to break my tab in half.

But the point at my previous post was that I was shocked that people who remove touchwiz because they dididnt like some icons and colors. This is a computer, not a fashion accessory. Did you buy a tablet to do stuff with it, or for it to look pretty?

This is ridiculous, but since I'm bored, I'll play along.......

1. Prove it - saying Quadrant scores are X doesn't mean anything to me. I said that in the reply, but you just told me what you thought they were. I ran Quadrant on mine stock and it did 22XX, so I don't know where you're getting this 1500 score..... I got that with a deodex'd and OC'd Captivate, a single core PHONE.....
  2. Two words (that have already been said above) - DOLPHIN BROSWER.... I don't use Dolphin because I really don't see any lag that everyone else is talking about. I have a 4GHz OC'd Quad Core PC, so it isn't like I don't know what a fast electronic device is.....
  3. Widgets..... seriously? so THAT'S what's important on this list? You're talking about comparing this to a fashion accessory (which I agree it's not), and you're talking about widgets??? Really? This is NOT a computer, btw.... my Dell Inspiron Duo tablet IS a computer. A 10.1" touchscreen computer running dual boot Windows 7 and Android 2.2. THIS, however, is something that should work quickly, which I feel it really does already, and look attractive. If you didn't want something that looks attractive, you should have saved your money and bought a Transformer - cheaper looking screen, thicker and heavier device, and you can OC that thing and have all the widgets you like without having to worry about people "complaining" on here about this being a "fashion accessory"
And look at this, I'm not the only one who thinks so:

This update brought some new widgets called Live Panels along for the ride, and honestly, what can I say about them? They're widgets. They have the same look and feel of the other features in TouchWiz UX, but using them is purely optional. I opted to [stay] with the widgets that I was using prior to the update, as I found Live Panels to be much too large for my taste.

From an aesthetic aspect, one of the most drastic changes that came with this update is the Settings menu. It shed its sleek black-and-blue Honeycomb look for a coat of white and some new cartoon-y looking icons. Much like the updated Calendar and Email apps, it's not bad, just different.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/0...10-1-wi-fi-is-it-better-than-stock-honeycomb/

They also say all the same things you were saying about the speed improvements and what not, but I'm not interested in making something function faster than it already is while losing the form - you're a car guy, it sounds like, so what if you junked up your Evo X while making it faster? You've already got a fast car, so why not making it look cheezy AND fast at the same time? Yeah, I wouldn't do that with either of my performance vehicles, I don't know many that would......

Last edited:

NPuter

Oct 28, 2010
This is ridiculous, but since I'm bored, I'll play along.......

1. Prove it - saying Quadrant scores are X doesn't mean anything to me. I said that in the reply, but you just told me what you thought they were. I ran Quadrant on mine stock and it did 22XX, so I don't know where you're getting this 1500 score..... I got that with a deodex'd and OC'd Captivate, a single core PHONE.....
  2. Two words (that have already been said above) - DOLPHIN BROSWER.... I don't use Dolphin because I really don't see any lag that everyone else is talking about. I have a 4GHz OC'd Quad Core PC, so it isn't like I don't know what a fast electronic device is.....
  3. Widgets..... seriously? so THAT'S what's important on this list? You're talking about comparing this to a fashion accessory (which I agree it's not), and you're talking about widgets??? Really? This is NOT a computer, btw.... my Dell Inspiron Duo tablet IS a computer. A 10.1" touchscreen computer running dual boot Windows 7 and Android 2.2. THIS, however, is something that should work quickly, which I feel it really does already, and look attractive. If you didn't want something that looks attractive, you should have saved your money and bought a Transformer - cheaper looking screen, thicker and heavier device, and you can OC that thing and have all the widgets you like without having to worry about people "complaining" on here about this being a "fashion accessory"
And look at this, I'm not the only one who thinks so:

They also say all the same things you were saying about the speed improvements and what not, but I'm not interested in making something function faster than it already is while losing the form - you're a car guy, it sounds like, so what if you junked up your Evo X while making it faster? You've already got a fast car, so why not making it look cheezy AND fast at the same time? Yeah, I wouldn't do that with either of my performance vehicles, I don't know many that would......

1) The speed improvement on touchwiz is undeniable... I'm sorry, but Touchwiz is WAY faster and a hell of a lot less buggy. On stock 3.1 (again, right out of the box) I had my browser crash no less than 20 times during around and hour of browsing. It also soft booted 3 times during this period. None of this has happened on Touchwiz. I did not run any quadrant tests, but immediately after installing touchwiz I noticed the speed improvement. No scrolling/transition lag, etc.
2) Dolphin for Tab did not fix the typing lag on 3.1 - Right out of the box I installed it any tried it out. It lags as bad as the stock browser.
3) Why do you care if he like the widgets? If he loves the widgets, that is reason enough to go with Touchwiz

Not it may seem like I am defending Touchwiz. In fact, overall, I really dislike the changes. What I am saying is, touchwiz is, in fact, faster than stock honeycomb. However, the redesign is absolutely terrible. Honeycomb went from modern and sophisticated, to blocky and cartoonish. I would absolutely love the speed and bug improvements without the new UI. As much as I want to go back to stock 3.1, the bugs are forcing me to stay with touchwiz.

EDIT Just ran some benchmarks:
Stock 3.1 Honeycomb: 1448
3.1 Honeycomb Touchwiz: 2267

Like I said, Touchwiz is faster

Last edited:

Jnn1

Nov 10, 2010
+1 to better quadrant scores with TW. Stock was in 1500s, TW 2200s and TW plus pershoot's kernel hit 2800! :D

But seriously,can we get back to the thread title: stock theme for TW. Many including myself would find TW rom + stock theme the ideal for the moment.

I mean, with roms and themes and all, it is for each his own, and this thread is about stock theme for tw. ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What ROMs Are supported
    ======================
    Calkulin's_GT-P7510_HMJ37.UEKM7_TW
    More to come soon
    ================

*Theme has been tested.
    I'm not responsible for anything that happens to your tab.

Installation
    ============
    Place downloaded theme on the root of the sd-card
    Boot Into CWM Recovery
    Make a nandroid backup
    install Zip from SD-Card
    Chose the zip you moved over
    let it flash
    reboot

=======================

Bugs: Color of usb debugging needs to be fixed will do that soon sorry.

Report anything you see in the thread
    ============================

Downloads
    ================
    For Calkulin's_GT-P7510_HMJ37.UEKM7_TW Rom
    Stock_Theme_withtw.zip

Screenshot is below.

Credit goes to
    ====================
    Calkulin for the rom.

====================