[ROM] Glassmacka - Ice Cream Sandwich. -"I'm too old for this ****." (11/04 12)

Search This thread

aldude999

Nov 23, 2010
When trying to flash it in CWM, I get this error:
Code:
 Installing update... 
I:Trying update-binary. 
script aborted: assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "hero" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "hero" assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "hero" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "hero"
 E:Error in /sdcard/download/Glassmacka-Beta1.3.zip (Status 7) Installation aborted. 
Failure at line 9: install_zip SDCARD:/download/Glassmacka-Beta1.3.zip

Last edited:
S

stritfajt

just out of curiosity, does this use any of the sources for CM9?
i wanna use this
reloaded ICS
but wanna make sure it'll work first.

Glassmacka 1.3 is CM9, but 4.0.1 so I don't know if it'll work. I tried building the latest CM9 a couple of days ago but couldn't get it working. I'll try to get AOSP 4.0.3 working in a few days, but it won't help you I guess :-/

newdecember

Jan 3, 2009
Ayr/Glasgow
no guys thats excellent,

i found out the hard way anyway lol

thanks for getting back to me.

i really need to learn how to do this stuff so i could mod it myself. you know of any good tutorials for modding?

Habarug

Feb 23, 2011
Bergen
The first part for modding roms like that is to set up APK multi-tool (or something similar) and smali/baksmali :)

Edit: And to clarify, adding power widget is probably a bit too much for me, but center clock and transparency is possible ;)

Last edited:

darkmansd

Dec 22, 2009
i'm trying to learn more about android coding and i am really interested in learning how to do ports by myself...are there any tutorials for it?

like what exactly has to be done to get a new version of android working on a new device and how do i begin? :D

Habarug

Feb 23, 2011
Bergen
i'm trying to learn more about android coding and i am really interested in learning how to do ports by myself...are there any tutorials for it?

like what exactly has to be done to get a new version of android working on a new device and how do i begin? :D

www.freeyourandroid.com is a nice place to start ;)

I have now used this 1.3 beta for a few hours now and I've gotta say it's actually fast enough for me, but it's terrible unstable :/ It's goodlooking and the browser is really nice and stuff ;)

Reactions: darkmansd

Habarug

Feb 23, 2011
Bergen
Btw, replacing the launcher with the latest Trebuchet launcher really improves performance:)

Sent from my Full Android on Hero using XDA App

Reactions: Co2p

paulreminder

Jun 17, 2010
Have you tried this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1526920? It speeds up the system quite a bit, but it won't give you any gaming performance really. So you could say we have some basic HW acceleration already :)

Hey stritfajt thanks for the heads up. Yes I did flashed that hardware acceleration flash zip file on my Hero while running Elelinux 7.2 but haven't seen any significant improvement since someone told me Elelinux ROM is already activated those options. Haven't tried it while running your Glassmacka Beta 1.3 though.

The thing is I noticed that the screen only shows something like 16bit depth color while using Glassmacka due to the lack of hardware acceleration. My main concern is whether this flash zip pack can let my screen show correct depth of color after flashing.

Habarug

Feb 23, 2011
Bergen
That zip doesn't help anything at all on Elelinux, because it's allready included or something, but it helps A LOT on this rom. :D Don't know about the colors though

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Congratulations, well done :D

In swedish "riktigt jävla bra, kul att du fick igång det"
    Neither did I with luck of sound in Beta 1.4. Switched back to Beta 1.3.

FYI If you would like to add a little native ICS UI for your Beta 1.3 music app, try music player for ICS by CyanogenMod team extracted from CM9 ROM.
    2sbkenr.png
    v80w2d.png

e129nk.png
    161epvl.png

1zvrfgm.png

Installation:

delete music.apk and musicfx.apk located in /system/app by using file manager like root explorer;

download the CM9 music app from http://goo.gl/CckWp;

install it like any standard apks from your sd card;

done.

It's been confirmed by me the music app itself works fine and has equalizer options and DSP configration enabled, which however, is yet to be tested since they were designed for Samsung Galaxy Nexus. So if you want to modify the updater-script files to make them flashable for Hero running ICS ROMs.

Here are DSP manager install and uninstall zips (NEED MODIFYING) I found from http://sghi777.blogspot.com/2012/03/dsp-manager-music-equalizer-for-stock.html

View attachment DSPManager_ICS_CWM.zip

View attachment DSPManager_ICS_CWM_Uninstall.zip
    Keep the good work!

Last few days I was just about to buy a new phone (Galaxy Note or Galaxy Nexus) but my girlfriend convinced me that it was stupid spending €500 on a phone that does just a few things better that the one I have at the moment (Hero). She is absolutely right; I will wait patiently until the death of my Hero!

And this thread sounds like a "breeze of newness" to my old Hero. It would be really great to have ICS fairly working on those thousands still remaining Hero users...

This post doesn't actually helps any particular ROM development. Although I think a positive feedback and a slight sign of happiness brings energy and hope to the ones working on it. And it is as needed any technical knowledge :)

Thank you very much you all for your efforts.
    Flashed the previous version, will flash again once the touch screen is working :)