[Q] Note 3 locked nv items...

Search This thread

wishinew

Jan 12, 2007
ok im looking for a way to write certain nv items to fix me phone.. when i write said items or item it does not take..
any ideas? im really stumped..
all i can think is that there is a secret file some people may have that allows them to write certain NV Item and have them take..

well again any help would be AWESOME..

Kuratko

Apr 13, 2008
Zaječí
Sorry to say that but your request is either joke (don't expect) or just completely useless. What is your issue? What is your ROM,........

Android - flash, root a enjoy :D

wishinew

Jan 12, 2007
Sorry to say that but your request is either joke (don't expect) or just completely useless. What is your issue? What is your ROM,........

Android - flash, root a enjoy :D

why would it have to be a joke.. dont let the account fool you.. I couldn't gain access to my other one which is older than this one..
I have a very specific reason for asking this and im positive there are people on here that understand what i am asking..;)

wishinew

Jan 12, 2007
Which is illegal.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Hi stoney.. maybe in the future before you jump on the bandwagon you stop and ask me why i might want to write to protected nv items..
or heck maybe i want to hack the bootloader? maybe i got a phone sitting here that i would love to experiment on.. be the guinea pig for some Dev that need to try stuff on a phone.. maybe i just want to mess with my phone..

stoney73

Apr 28, 2010
nottingham
ok im looking for a way to write certain nv items to fix me phone.. when i write said items or item it does not take..
any ideas? im really stumped..
all i can think is that there is a secret file some people may have that allows them to write certain NV Item and have them take..

well again any help would be AWESOME..

Hi stoney.. maybe in the future before you jump on the bandwagon you stop and ask me why i might want to write to protected nv items..
or heck maybe i want to hack the bootloader? maybe i got a phone sitting here that i would love to experiment on.. be the guinea pig for some Dev that need to try stuff on a phone.. maybe i just want to mess with my phone..

If so, Then you would have just said so in your opening post, instead of being so obtuse. Maybe in the future, be more specific, and less dodgy and ppl wouldnt jump to more than likely correct assumptions.

wishinew

Jan 12, 2007
If so, Then you would have just said so in your opening post, instead of being so obtuse. Maybe in the future, be more specific, and less dodgy and ppl wouldnt jump to more than likely correct assumptions.

obtuse? dodgy? how the heck do you figure that.. and regardless of what YOU think my motives are or any one else for that matter I was plain with my topic title on my opening post..

is it now illigal to want to bypass locked nv items? and since we are on the subject of locked nv items..and imeis.. your going to sit here and tell me that the imei is the only locked down nv item? yea okay..

In the future.. when addressing a post.. why not try to come off a bit nicer..
seems people here tend to treat the (new guys to certain subject) or new posters with rudeness and harsh replies..

I took a leave of absence from this forum due to joining the military and now i have a little free time on my hands and wanted to explore this phone a little bit ..learn about it.. and one of the first damn questions i ask gets met with assumptions and thats illegal.. wow.

stoney73

Apr 28, 2010
nottingham
obtuse? dodgy? how the heck do you figure that.. and regardless of what YOU think my motives are or any one else for that matter I was plain with my topic title on my opening post..

is it now illigal to want to bypass locked nv items? and since we are on the subject of locked nv items..and imeis.. your going to sit here and tell me that the imei is the only locked down nv item? yea okay..

In the future.. when addressing a post.. why not try to come off a bit nicer..
seems people here tend to treat the (new guys to certain subject) or new posters with rudeness and harsh replies..

I took a leave of absence from this forum due to joining the military and now i have a little free time on my hands and wanted to explore this phone a little bit ..learn about it.. and one of the first damn questions i ask gets met with assumptions and thats illegal.. wow.

As previously said, why the vagueness in the opening post then? Well done on joining the military, but its got zip all to do with anything.
In the future, be clear as to which questions if any you are asking, why the deliberate vagueness? Of course it could be messing about with the bootloader, etc. But with the deliberate vagueness, I somehow doubt it.
Feel free to carry .

And if you could comprehend, I merely iterated that changing imei was illegal. You attacked me for no reason other than guilt.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

wishinew

Jan 12, 2007
As previously said, why the vagueness in the opening post then? Well done on joining the military, but its got zip all to do with anything.
In the future, be clear as to which questions if any you are asking, why the deliberate vagueness? Why the 'you will know what I'm asking about' vagueness? Of course it could be messing about with the bootloader, etc. But with the deliberate vagueness, I somehow doubt it.
Feel free to carry on, but whining like a spoilt kid who's been found out doesn't help your case.

And if you could comprehend, I merely iterated that changing imei was illegal. You attacked me for no reason other than guilt.

all right man you made me laugh.. yes the vagueness is there for a reason.. am i going to tell why.. nope.. will i when im done trying what im trying sure..

but ill give you this.. I have gone from 4.3 to 4.4 and back down ..bricked and recovered via a pin short on the board.. im not new but i am rusty.. but the fundamentals stay the same..
Its taxing trying to find out info on this new security when theres no info to be had.. or when the info is there people keeping it to them selfs because there making a buck on it..

Now.. I will say this.. the process for the note 3 is new to me.. and 85% of what ive done has been on accident and im recreating what i did..
So what do i need to mess with locked nv items for .. well any number of reasons.. and i guess thats the reason for the vagueness, I just want to see what i see and what i can do.. what i can hook onto and what i can exploit..

Reactions: stoney73

stoney73

Apr 28, 2010
nottingham
all right man you made me laugh.. yes the vagueness is there for a reason.. am i going to tell why.. nope.. will i when im done trying what im trying sure..

but ill give you this.. I have gone from 4.3 to 4.4 and back down ..bricked and recovered via a pin short on the board.. im not new but i am rusty.. but the fundamentals stay the same..
Its taxing trying to find out info on this new security when theres no info to be had.. or when the info is there people keeping it to them selfs because there making a buck on it..

Now.. I will say this.. the process for the note 3 is new to me.. and 85% of what ive done has been on accident and im recreating what i did..
So what do i need to mess with locked nv items for .. well any number of reasons.. and i guess thats the reason for the vagueness, I just want to see what i see and what i can do.. what i can hook onto and what i can exploit..[/QUOTE]

Reading that, ok. You may be better off asking someone like ChainFire who knows the ins and outs of the bootloader? Perhaps the kernel devs in original development?
This Note 3 sure is an awkward beast.

wishinew

Jan 12, 2007

So what do i need to mess with locked nv items for .. well any number of reasons.. and i guess thats the reason for the vagueness, I just want to see what i see and what i can do.. what i can hook onto and what i can exploit..

Reading that, ok. You may be better off asking someone like ChainFire who knows the ins and outs of the bootloader? Perhaps the kernel devs in original development?

WELL HERE IS WHERE IM AT.. ive brought it out of a hard brick.. no jtag.. no sd card.. but im stuck at this point.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50966955#post50966955

Reactions: stoney73

revized

May 30, 2009
united sins of america
I would like to change the imei of his phone for him although who brought up changing the imei in the first place? Whoever says such things MUST be the guilty party ! (as for me I am just sitting on the edge of my seat to do it so let me change it because as everybody alway knows I am now third party so if the baddies can't see you and you can't see them then maybe they are not their)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In the future, be clear as to which questions if any you are asking, why the deliberate vagueness? Why the 'you will know what I'm asking about' vagueness? Of course it could be messing about with the bootloader, etc. But with the deliberate vagueness, I somehow doubt it.
    Feel free to carry on, but whining like a spoilt kid who's been found out doesn't help your case.

WELL HERE IS WHERE IM AT.. ive brought it out of a hard brick.. no jtag.. no sd card.. but im stuck at this point.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50966955#post50966955