WiFi Stuck On

Search This thread

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
Tried searching for this but can't seem to find anything similar. I did think it was down to this camera bug but I don't think it is...

Basically, in the last few days, my Nexus thinks the WiFi is on when I've not used it in weeks. This is based on the battery stats in the Settings menu. It's killing my battery, like 10% in less than an hour, and this is also the same on a fresh install of the factory image with now other apps installed.

Anyone know what's going on, or what to suggest?

H

Hammer_Of_The_Gods

Hi,

Have you unticked "Scanning always available" in Settings/Wi-Fi/Menu/Advanced, maybe this?

:)

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
Hi,

Have you unticked "Scanning always available" in Settings/Wi-Fi/Menu/Advanced, maybe this?

:)

I've not used WiFi for months as I'm on Unlimited Data, so it's not even turned on (and I never use that setting, first thing I turned off). It's been fine until the last few days so not sure what's happened...

Last edited:
H

Hammer_Of_The_Gods

Oh well, sorry but other than that I have no idea :confused:

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
I know! I've just tried it in Safe Mode and it's still showing as running when it's not so I have no idea what's going on!?!?

H

Hammer_Of_The_Gods

I know! I've just tried it in Safe Mode and it's still showing as running when it's not so I have no idea what's going on!?!?
In Safe Mode, all the Google apps/services are disabled?

Maybe some Google sorcery :confused:. I mean with the setting mentioned above disabled even with the Wi-Fi OFF you see it in the battery stats, so now maybe something related to Photos, G+ and so on?

I guess you verified, but just in case...

Last edited:

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
In Safe Mode, all the Google apps/services are disabled?

Maybe some Google sorcery :confused:. I mean with the setting mentioned above disabled even with the Wi-Fi OFF you see it in the battery stats, so now maybe something related to Photos, G+ and so on?

I guess you verified, but just in case...

Gotta be something with this particular phone, funny it's only just started doing it...I'll keep digging

EDIT: It DOES seem like it was the WiFi setting as it was on, and it's NEVER been an issue until the last few days. Turn it all off and it now seems to show as off in the battery graph. I'll keep an eye on things, though...

Last edited: