[Q] S4- sgh-m919 calling/wifi problem

Search This thread

khd143

Mar 3, 2014
I just recently bought this phone off someone dont know what they did with it. phone has good imei. But when i make a call the phone seem to freeze or when i get incoming calling the phone freeze. Also the wifi wont let me toggle on. Cant seem to figure out what the problem is. If someone got a solution please do share.

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
1. Take a look what android firmware is using (Settings - General - About phone)
2. Go to DOWNLOAD MODE (Power off ur phone + Volume down. Volume up then. - Take a look how is the KNOX)
3. Install Kies (if ur phone use android 4.2.2) or Kies 3 (android 4.3 or superior) and take a look if all is ok ( Important see what CSC u use). Only making a factory reset solve the problems sometimes(Settings > Accounts > Back Up and Reset > Factory Data Reset > Reset Device > Delete All/Erase Everything). If this dont solve ur problems, follow the next step
4. Your seller installed one custom rom maybe. If all is ok in the step 3, you can update ur phone by there officially. If no, you will have to use ODIN and flash new stock rom.

khd143

Mar 3, 2014
1. Take a look what android firmware is using (Settings - General - About phone)
2. Go to DOWNLOAD MODE (Power off ur phone + Volume down. Volume up then. - Take a look how is the KNOX)
3. Install Kies (if ur phone use android 4.2.2) or Kies 3 (android 4.3 or superior) and take a look if all is ok ( Important see what CSC u use). Only making a factory reset solve the problems sometimes(Settings > Accounts > Back Up and Reset > Factory Data Reset > Reset Device > Delete All/Erase Everything). If this dont solve ur problems, follow the next step
4. Your seller installed one custom rom maybe. If all is ok in the step 3, you can update ur phone by there officially. If no, you will have to use ODIN and flash new stock rom.

current binary: custom
system status:custom
Knox kernel lock 0x0
know warranty void 0x1

I tried kies 3 but doesn't recognize my phone in emergency firmware recovery. I tried flash stock rom but keep fialing!!!. I also found out the sound wasnt working either. I looked around in forum and there a post with the modem issue i tried to install that modem firmware but doesnt seem to work i think becuase i dont have cmw or twrp installed. but I cant get those on the phone without wifi.. so shine a light on me!!!! is there another way to factory reboot everything like all the hardware and software. or can u provide me detail instruction on how to use odin to reset to factory rom.

Last edited:

tones160

May 23, 2013
Connecticut
My friend going through the same thing but the calls goes thru you just can't hear what the other person is saying. Nor can the person hear me.

current binary: custom
system status:custom
Knox kernel lock 0x0
know warranty void 0x1

I tried kies 3 but doesn't recognize my phone in emergency firmware recovery. I tried flash stock rom but keep fialing!!!. I also found out the sound wasnt working either. I looked around in forum and there a post with the modem issue i tried to install that modem firmware but doesnt seem to work i think becuase i dont have cmw or twrp installed. but I cant get those on the phone without wifi.. so shine a light on me!!!! is there another way to factory reboot everything like all the hardware and software. or can u provide me detail instruction on how to use odin to reset to factory rom.

Wagnerzantos

Sep 27, 2013
Sao Paulo, SP
Same issue Here!

I just recently bought this phone off someone dont know what they did with it. phone has good imei. But when i make a call the phone seem to freeze or when i get incoming calling the phone freeze. Also the wifi wont let me toggle on. Cant seem to figure out what the problem is. If someone got a solution please do share.

Get the same problem here! I've been try many methods to fix it, not good news so far.
Since update to MK2 JellyBean4.3 via Kies! No sound at all, no wifi, freeze when make or receive calls (It's really annoying)
If you find something cool please let me know.... I'll keep trying here.
My device t-mobile SGH-M919 Stock MDL JellyBean4.2.2
Good Lucky