Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

galnet

Jul 6, 2010
Prestwick
www.galnet.co.uk
DEFY MIUI - GALNET BUILD v1

I'm part of the Samsung XDA developers forum and do the MCG versions of MIUI for the Samsung Galaxy S.

My Wife asked me to do the same for her Defy phone, so I suppose I have to abide.

So should you wish to flash 1 file rather than 2, and get the added benifits of faster UI, 3D Drivers etc.. Then this is for you. ;)
(83MB)

Install Intructions can be found on XDA just search.

Simply, Wipe Cach and System if you are already on MIUI.

Thanks go out to MIUI Developers, and everyone who has helped in this project.

CUSTOM SIG FEEL FREE TO USE:

miui-defy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

galnet

Jul 6, 2010
Prestwick
www.galnet.co.uk
PUBLIC NOTICE:

Due to recent circumstances I won't be able to update the development.

I don't have access to a defy anymore and therefore wouldn't be able to test releases.

Sorry all..!

Last edited:
Reactions: teknhard
M

mariosanoguera

cool :) thanks to your wife!! hehe

what is the real difference between the miui and your version? apart from having the english language already in it? did you do something else to this rom?

candra_aja

Sep 21, 2009
Downloading right now.
Does this rom have bugs other than FM radio? And could someone give step by step to install this rom?:rolleyes:

Last edited:

donP73

Oct 21, 2010
BERGAMO
red or green?!

Is your wife defy a green or red lens one?

And, have you rounded all or some of the numerous MIUI bugs?

M

mariosanoguera

clean installed, some parts are still on chinese! (and I have tried wipe cache and dalvik but some setting parts and options are in chinese!) but it looks smoother than the original miui version

going to try some games of gameloft

donP73

Oct 21, 2010
BERGAMO
This is the first time I've developed on the Defy, I haven't a clue what lens she has to be honest.. I don't take any notice of it.

As for bugs, my wife's phone is running Smooth, and UI is fast..! Sometimes faster than the SGS.. :(

Regards,

It's simple to know the lens type: you look at the camera lens with sunny light and you can notice if the colour is red or green... the two models have got two specific drivers... latest MIUI doesn't work with green lens and other developers had to replace drivers and libraries taking from 1.5.13 version...
And other bugs come from the fact that MIUI devs utilized old Quarx CM7 Github versions... (speakerphone not working with microphone at the same time, FM radio not workin [instead in beta6 of CM7 by Quarx it works]... and so on)...

Reactions: galnet

galnet

Jul 6, 2010
Prestwick
www.galnet.co.uk
It's simple to know the lens type: you look at the camera lens with sunny light and you can notice if the colour is red or green... the two models have got two specific drivers... latest MIUI doesn't work with green lens and other developers had to replace drivers and libraries taking from 1.5.13 version...
And other bugs come from the fact that MIUI devs utilized old Quarx CM7 Github versions... (speakerphone not working with microphone at the same time, FM radio not workin [instead in beta6 of CM7 by Quarx it works]... and so on)...

Thanks for this information, it looks Green to me mate, if this helps!

I've just tested wifes Headset and it's working fine. Please remember though as I say this is the first time I've developed on this handset, and just done it for fun, hense it's v1

Once I get into the phone better you can be rest assured I will research everything about it and release updates to overcome bugs and issues ;)

huyxom

Dec 28, 2009
Can you add English UK Language ?, so mooth, light but some setting parts and options are in chinese ! Can you fix it with newest english language patch from newest miui language patch ?

Last edited:

antony.ps

Feb 22, 2011
Florianópolis
I think that the codebase is atualized, since the green led lights when charging - CM7 by Quarx implemented this on Beta6. Trying to put it in English right now and add my APN's to test everything, will make a review about this later...

Thanks for your work!

Reactions: fabianowerner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DEFY MIUI - GALNET BUILD v1

I'm part of the Samsung XDA developers forum and do the MCG versions of MIUI for the Samsung Galaxy S.

My Wife asked me to do the same for her Defy phone, so I suppose I have to abide.

So should you wish to flash 1 file rather than 2, and get the added benifits of faster UI, 3D Drivers etc.. Then this is for you. ;)
    (83MB)

Install Intructions can be found on XDA just search.

Simply, Wipe Cach and System if you are already on MIUI.

Thanks go out to MIUI Developers, and everyone who has helped in this project.

CUSTOM SIG FEEL FREE TO USE:

miui-defy.jpg
    You don't have to apologize for update frequency...you're doing this altruistically.

But...your heart and sole in the wrong place my friend! Grab a couple of beers, accidentally drop the wife's defy in one glass and the galaxy s in another...heart/sole fixed :D

Thanks for this information, it looks Green to me mate, if this helps!

I've just tested wifes Headset and it's working fine. Please remember though as I say this is the first time I've developed on this handset, and just done it for fun, hense it's v1

Once I get into the phone better you can be rest assured I will research everything about it and release updates to overcome bugs and issues ;)
    WHAT'S WORKING​

- Camera
    - GPS
    - Sensors
    - Sound
    - 3D Graphics

NOT WORKING (Unsupported)

- FM Radio
    PUBLIC NOTICE:

Due to recent circumstances I won't be able to update the development.

I don't have access to a defy anymore and therefore wouldn't be able to test releases.

Sorry all..!