Speaker Grills

Search This thread

howie411

Jun 23, 2011
I would just like a consensus of how many folks have Sprint HTC M8 where the speaker grill holes don't line up on the top and bottom speakers (on the right side) I called HTC and they said this was normal. While it may be nit picking, I don't expect this on such a high end phone.

Adebayo88

Jun 23, 2010
This is normal for many phones. Both the Nexus 5 and the iPhone 5s have a consistent misaligned speakers throughout the line of their products

But yes, both of the speakers are offset to the left on my HTC One m8 as well

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

bimmerbot

Nov 21, 2008
I have a different issue with the speaker grilles. I returned my first M8 because the metal(?) plate on the bottom was raised on the right side where it meets the screen, instead of being flush like it's supposed to be. The new unit I got is perfect at the bottom, but now the upper grille is very slightly raised where it meets the screen on the right side (to the right of the camera). I can push it down, but it comes back up after a few minutes (like there's some kind of adhesive that doesn't hold it down properly)... Minor, but very irritating! :p Anyone else have problems with the speaker cover plates not being flush with the screen?

elijahblake

Feb 18, 2010
Brandon, MS
I have a different issue with the speaker grilles. I returned my first M8 because the metal(?) plate on the bottom was raised on the right side where it meets the screen, instead of being flush like it's supposed to be. The new unit I got is perfect at the bottom, but now the upper grille is very slightly raised where it meets the screen on the right side (to the right of the camera). I can push it down, but it comes back up after a few minutes (like there's some kind of adhesive that doesn't hold it down properly)... Minor, but very irritating! :p Anyone else have problems with the speaker cover plates not being flush with the screen?

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I recently bought a used m8 ATT off someone and converted it to the GPE. And now I've noticed that this phone has the metal on the top raising above the screen (right side around the camera). I can push it down but it comes back up after a while.

I contacted HTC and they said that the phone is under warranty but I would have to send it in for diagnostic to see if it qualifies for a warranty repair or they would quote me how much it would be to fix.

I unlocked the bootloader on HTC's website which I'm pretty sure voided the warranty and they will be able to tell no matter what I do. So does anyone know how to fix this annoying issue? DIY style that is

bimmerbot

Nov 21, 2008
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I recently bought a used m8 ATT off someone and converted it to the GPE. And now I've noticed that this phone has the metal on the top raising above the screen (right side around the camera). I can push it down but it comes back up after a while.

I contacted HTC and they said that the phone is under warranty but I would have to send it in for diagnostic to see if it qualifies for a warranty repair or they would quote me how much it would be to fix.

I unlocked the bootloader on HTC's website which I'm pretty sure voided the warranty and they will be able to tell no matter what I do. So does anyone know how to fix this annoying issue? DIY style that is

Yes, I fixed mine by just lifting up the grille (it's actually plastic and just held on by adhesive) and applying some new adhesive to the back of the grille. I wouldn't use super-glue, but something a little thicker/gooier to fill the gap. Maybe a dab of silicone (I used something silly... "liquid skin" from the first aid cabinet. It worked, but I wouldn't recommend it because it slightly discolored the coating on the back of the grille!). Good luck!

You can also find replacement grilles online that will have fresh adhesive, but you have to do some searching and I think they come from China, so you'd have to wait a while for shipping.

Reactions: elijahblake

elijahblake

Feb 18, 2010
Brandon, MS
Yes, I fixed mine by just lifting up the grille (it's actually plastic and just held on by adhesive) and applying some new adhesive to the back of the grille. I wouldn't use super-glue, but something a little thicker/gooier to fill the gap. Maybe a dab of silicone (I used something silly... "liquid skin" from the first aid cabinet. It worked, but I wouldn't recommend it because it slightly discolored the coating on the back of the grille!). Good luck!

You can also find replacement grilles online that will have fresh adhesive, but you have to do some searching and I think they come from China, so you'd have to wait a while for shipping.

Was yours only raising up on the right corner? If so was it hard taking the whole cover off without messing it up?

bimmerbot

Nov 21, 2008
Was yours only raising up on the right corner? If so was it hard taking the whole cover off without messing it up?

Yes, it was only raising on the right corner. I didn't try to remove it completely, as I just wanted that side to stay down. Just use something to apply adhesive carefully to the back of the grille (it's flexible plastic), then stick it back down (and apply pressure until it dries).

Reactions: elijahblake

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yes, it was only raising on the right corner. I didn't try to remove it completely, as I just wanted that side to stay down. Just use something to apply adhesive carefully to the back of the grille (it's flexible plastic), then stick it back down (and apply pressure until it dries).