[Q] Cant even boot into recovery anymore

Search This thread
R

rizzodg

I've tried holding down the up and down volume keys both separately and together and nothing. I can still access fastboot, but other than that, it's stuck on the "Sony" screen. I tried installing the recovery again (and tried two different recoveries) and it goes through just fine but when I reboot it STILL wont go into the recovery. What can I do?

Last edited:

adamsmth663

Mar 6, 2012
If your getting to the sony logo thats a good sign, it means its not a hard brick
Download and flash a stock ftf with flashtool
Or try recover with sony upgrade tool

http://www.flashtool.net/index.php

Make sure to disable windows driver enforcement ( google it) when u install the driver package included with flashtool for it to work properly

Last edited:

Skriptkiddie

Jun 13, 2014
I've tried holding down the up and down volume keys both separately and together and nothing. I can still access fastboot, but other than that, it's stuck on the "Sony" screen. I tried installing the recovery again (and tried two different recoveries) and it goes through just fine but when I reboot it STILL wont go into the recovery. What can I do?

Same problem here.. Got my Xperia Z2 a few days ago, successfully unlocked the bootloader through the official method, but no luck actually getting into recovery mode. Tried getting CWM to work - flashed successfully, but no LED lights up during boot and pressing the volume up/down buttons doesn't help either.. Sad Face.