[ROM][BUILD 4][24/12/2011] Unofficial Oxygen 2.3.2 port for the Desire HD/Inspire 4G

Search This thread

evronetwork

Jan 19, 2012
North
LoVeRice flash videos from youtube?

if yes, download youtube from the market(aka google play now, what a stupid name btw) and use a proper internet browser something like opera mobile

they make good combination and work as expected

P.S. If the flash videos are from other site please do tell me to check it out for you if you want.

snooffy

Dec 4, 2007
MMS?

Hi guys,

I've been using this ROM since it was released and don't wont a different one.. Just bumped to an issue.. when I want to send a MMS it always FC no matter what I'm sending. Are you experiencing the same issue as well? Do you know how to fix it? I've tried to search for it but did not get anywhere... ;(

OK... it was wrong MMS APN settings.. now it is all good.

Last edited:

bigr1979

Jun 27, 2010
Stratford upon Avon
Are you using the stock browser, or something else?

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA

You need to go into /data/data/com.android.browser/app_plugins/com.adobe.flashplayer/.macromedia/Flash_Player/config.data

or the folder for yout browser, eg i use Dolphin so the "mobi.mgeek.TunnyBrowser", then app plugins then flash...

Once there use Root Explorer or equivalent to turn off permissions for the flash player and it will work :)

Reactions: Pick_A_Name

leviatus

Dec 30, 2010
@hrkfdn, any plans for an oxygen ICS port?
Saw a early oxygen ICS for SGS2 at forum.oxygen.im/viewtopic.php?id=2369 so was wondering if its possible...

qazsxdcfv

Sep 22, 2011
Behind the road
This rom is awesome the best .. is sooo soo lightweight with great battery life .. Elixir told me the battery is -4 - -7Ma is soo great batterry life .. thanks man your the best .. creating some mods .. ;)

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Oxygen

mstevan

Feb 22, 2011
Yes, this is the far far far best rom ever made for DHD. Trust me. Usually i use a lot phone (work), arround 2h calls, display arround 2h, 2g always on, wi-fi 4-5 h and battery life is arround 13-14h. BUT, this week i was on vacation, and look how now battery life is:

Thans for this amazing ROM. ICS will not be on my DHD, this ROM is PERFECT.

hrkfdn

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 3, 2010
Thanks guys, really appreciating the positive feedback..

Can't say anything about an Oxygen ICS port, yet. I'll wait for the first release and if I have the time (rather busy with university at the moment) I will consider it. :)

jonathan413

Apr 3, 2010
Yes, this is the far far far best rom ever made for DHD. Trust me. Usually i use a lot phone (work), arround 2h calls, display arround 2h, 2g always on, wi-fi 4-5 h and battery life is arround 13-14h. BUT, this week i was on vacation, and look how now battery life is:

Thans for this amazing ROM. ICS will not be on my DHD, this ROM is PERFECT.

I agree!!!!!

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA

krzych

Jul 29, 2009
Warsaw
Thanks guys, really appreciating the positive feedback..

Can't say anything about an Oxygen ICS port, yet. I'll wait for the first release and if I have the time (rather busy with university at the moment) I will consider it. :)

Wait until they'll fix camera and other issues (possible). Phone without camera is worth 50% of price, so it would be a waste of your time to port ICS right away.

I'll try your Oxygen (mainly because the opinions of battery drain, about which I'm rather sceptical because I USE my phone, but being lightweight is an advantage too), but I have one question... I understand that Oxygen is LIKE CM7 - and AOSP. But what differs Oxygen from CM7? Why CM7 is not good or worse or better? I really need to know, because I have not much time for flashig and testing it by myself... if you would be so kind to tell me, I would be happier :)

leviatus

Dec 30, 2010
Wait until they'll fix camera and other issues (possible). Phone without camera is worth 50% of price, so it would be a waste of your time to port ICS right away.

I'll try your Oxygen (mainly because the opinions of battery drain, about which I'm rather sceptical because I USE my phone, but being lightweight is an advantage too), but I have one question... I understand that Oxygen is LIKE CM7 - and AOSP. But what differs Oxygen from CM7? Why CM7 is not good or worse or better? I really need to know, because I have not much time for flashig and testing it by myself... if you would be so kind to tell me, I would be happier :)

Well oxygen is more purely gingerbread based than CM. It does have certain tweaks from cm like power toggles and long press back to kill. Lightweight cos there isn't any bloatware. No cm apps as well.

@hrkfdn no worries man, take ur time. Without a doubt best gb rom for speed and lightweightness.
Current ICS builds still have issues,official oxygen isn't stable and no official drivers for DHD. Pretty hard to port at this point I'm sure.

Last edited:

BenRoark

Feb 5, 2011
Sydney
Yeah, agree with previous comment. This ROM is flawless and pretty much always has been. Hence the crazy short changelog.

hrkfdn constructed something awesome and then had the self control and presence of mind to not go and #%$& it up.

mstevan

Feb 22, 2011
Here is a (maybe) heavy use:

:)

I said maybe, because somebody use phone more than me. But i think this is excellent result.

And again : BEST ROM FOR DESIRE HD ON PLANET EARTH. EOD :)

Last edited:

krzych

Jul 29, 2009
Warsaw
Well oxygen is more purely gingerbread based than CM. It does have certain tweaks from cm like power toggles and long press back to kill. Lightweight cos there isn't any bloatware. No cm apps as well.

@hrkfdn no worries man, take ur time. Without a doubt best gb rom for speed and lightweightness.
Current ICS builds still have issues,official oxygen isn't stable and no official drivers for DHD. Pretty hard to port at this point I'm sure.

This is what I suspect, but what CM has which Oxy hasn't? Which "bloatware" isn't there? (Some people consider some apps as a bloatware which is quite good for others, for example I like very much HTC's messaging application which I know there isn't on any AOSP but I can live without it - I just need to kow that CM has something that I would like to have or hasn't so I can freely install Oxy - and I would prefer Oxy to be honest).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OXYGEN FOR THE DESIRE HD/INSPIRE 4G - SLEEK AND FAST (UNOFFICIAL)

This is basically a mix of some CyanogenMod commits and device files that have been merged to the Oxygen tree, so all credits go to them. It is very fast! See for yourself..

Oxygen is based on AOSP and very lightweight. It incorporates several fixes and additions from other ROMs. I find it to be a good balance between AOSP and patches.

The last Build (4) has undergone enough testing to say that it is very stable. Battery life is reported to be very good!

This is not a binary port! It is the Oxygen tree compiled for the HTC Ace!

Code:
    CHANGELOG:
    BUILD 4:
    - Add "Hide Hold Button" to call settings as requested
    BUILD 3:
    - Fix sound on the Inspire 4G
    BUILD 2:
    - Fix battery drain
    - Fix video overlay and YouTube
    - Fix camera
    BUILD 1:
    - Initial Release
    BUGREPORTS ARE HIGHLY APPRECIATED

Flash with CWM. Google Apps are included (which is probably going to change in the near future). Do a full wipe!

The rest should be fine, but I didn't have the time to test the build very thoroughly.

Again, feedback is appreciated! Thanks!

Enjoy!
    Thank you guys for the feedback!

Here's build 2:

YouTube/Video fixed
    Camera fixed
    Battery drain fixed (in my tests CurrentWidget reported 4mA)

Please give it a spin and report!

No sound for me either, fast as hell though!

Thanks!

I got no sound

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

I see. You guys don't BOTH happen to be on an Inspire 4G? That's most likely the problem - I built this for the DHD. I will look at this for the next build, but I don't have an Inspire 4G to test it. So bear with me guys ;)
    Ok, now when I installed Cyanogen Mod because of similar problems with Oxygen and PDroid onboard (logcat errors about "invalid debug stream") I can tell some of the differences between Oxygen and Cyanogen.

In short words, Cyanogen has much more features. It's quite rich and to be honest, Oxygen looks like a poor copy without many things onboard. I do not comapred the speed of both, but it seems slightly better for Oxygen, BUT... not that much I would like to have Oxygen, I really prefer Cyanogen. The battery usage is about the same - no usage at all ;P.

So, basically, I see no point using Oxygen until someone will answer my previous post claiming things that can be really compared mathematically. I see no such things for now.

Summarizing, Sense is best for convenient usage but slow and buggy. Cyanogen has no flaws as I see it, and it's quite featureful, but without some functionality I liked, but I can live with this. Oxygen is even less featureful, maybe a very little faster because of this, but has no other advantages over Cyanogen Mod and does not cooperate with PDroid well - same as Sense. So for me choice is obvious.

Relax! ;)
    I'm glad you found your favorite ROM, but just because some differences might not be that obvious doesn't mean they're pointless. No one is forcing you to use this.

From my experience Oxygen is easier on the battery (it was back then when I ported it, esp. standby drain.) and a lot lighter. It's closer to AOSP. That alone justifies its existence - some other people seem to see it that way, too.

Now, I did not create Oxygen. I only patched it to compile for the DHD, but it is most definitely not a "poor copy". Oxygen does not even try to CyanogenMod. Besides, the code is open-source. So is CMs. Everything is perfectly alright here.. :p

By the way.. I have sold my Desire HD and purchased a Galaxy Nexus. That means there will be very little to no updates. Besides, gingerbread is pretty much dying on the DHD. Most people want ICS, understandably so.

Just to let you know: It's been fun and thanks for all the feedback. Hope you enjoyed this as much as I did. Cheers! :)
    Here is a very small christmas gift (in advance, for some users ;)):

http://diff.cc/roms/update-oxygen-2.3.2-DesireHD-b4_hrkfdn.zip

The only change is a switch that allows you to remove the hold button. I discovered that it took for the changes to take effect (meaning not immediately, but very soon), however it should work. Once people report it to be working I will update the first post.

Thanks for your support and merry christmas! :)
    Thank you, this is the best ROM ever for DHD.. for those who prefers the taste pure droid like me :) I used the older version, but keen to taste the newest.. downloading it now..

I suppose it's okay to inform the OP that I've played a little with this ROM for a while now, to make it a bit to my taste :eek: Should I make a new thread for it?

screenshot-1324879860510.png
    screenshot-1324879968560.png

This is the fastest ROM, from Quadrant numbers, that ever run in my DHD. I almost fainted :eek:

@ 1 GHz:
    screenshot-1324873555671.png

underclocked @ 768 MHz:
    screenshot-1324879676116.png

overclocked @ 1.5 GHz:
    screenshot-1324873462767.png