Launch google voice search from home button

Search This thread

GeorgeP

Sep 19, 2007
S Voice doesn't work that well for me. It has a habit of cutting me off mid sentence and when it does work it is often very slow.

Here is a way to to access google voice search directly by double clicking the home button. (I didn't see that this had already been posted).

http://sgs3mod.blogspot.com/2012/07/heres-how-to-launch-google-voice-search.html#!/2012/07/heres-how-to-launch-google-voice-search.html

This link has seven steps, make sure S Voice is set to Lauch by double pressing home before doing step 1.

Death&co

Jun 13, 2012
S Voice doesn't work that well for me. It has a habit of cutting me off mid sentence and when it does work it is often very slow.

Here is a way to to access google voice search directly by double clicking the home button. (I didn't see that this had already been posted).

http://sgs3mod.blogspot.com/2012/07/heres-how-to-launch-google-voice-search.html#!/2012/07/heres-how-to-launch-google-voice-search.html

This link has seven steps, make sure S Voice is set to Lauch by double pressing home before doing step 1.

Very interesting, thanks for this. I'll have to give it a try and test it out. I however turned of the launch feature for S-Voice due to the lag it would create when hitting my home screen. Have any idea if it would still create this lag even if changing the actual app it launches?

Stephen1125

Jun 13, 2012
Very interesting, thanks for this. I'll have to give it a try and test it out. I however turned of the launch feature for S-Voice due to the lag it would create when hitting my home screen. Have any idea if it would still create this lag even if changing the actual app it launches?

Just tried it. Yes the lag is present. I tried disabling the double tap launch for S voice after setting the blue tooth launch app and the voice search feature went away.
Sad to say if you want the double tap for Google voice search, you will have lag.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts