[q] my galaxy pocket wont start nor can i enter recovery

Search This thread

glenzac

Jan 10, 2014
HEY GUYS !!
I am new to xda so im not sure if i have posted it at the right place.
anyway, my phone (galaxy pocket GTS5300) is rooted runs on infuzion 2 kernel and has hydroperia v2 custom rom(i followed the instructions from xda)
so recently i wanted to increase its ram so i partioned my external sd and installed swapper 2 (just like the post in xda),everything went all right
then i downloaded "file2sd"" from play store and installed it to gets some space in my phones internal memory but as i opened the app and selected
the format as ext3 the said i have to reboot and i pressed the "" restart now ""button,thats it and the phone just got stuck i waited for some time no buttons responded so removed the battery and tried turning it on but it just shows a blank screen after showing the model no. and i CANT enter recovery mode but i can enter odin (but my laptop does not recognize the device,eventhough i have tried installing all the usb drivers and kies ,i dont know if its because of the data cable or windows8 or my phone ) so i removed my external sd copied all my files and saw (in mini tool partition wizard)that my 2nd partition was full(512 mb)i didnt know what to do and i formatted everything(sd).
i dont know what to do next .someone please help!!!

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
HEY GUYS !!
anyway, my phone (galaxy pocket GTS5300) is rooted runs on infuzion 2 kernel and has hydroperia v2 custom rom(i followed the instructions from xda)
so recently i wanted to increase its ram so i partioned my external sd and installed swapper 2 (just like the post in xda),everything went all right
then i downloaded "file2sd"" from play store and installed it to gets some space in my phones internal memory but as i opened the app and selected
the format as ext3 the said i have to reboot and i pressed the "" restart now ""button,thats it and the phone just got stuck i waited for some time no buttons responded so removed the battery and tried turning it on but it just shows a blank screen after showing the model no. and i CANT enter recovery mode but i can enter odin (but my laptop does not recognize the device,eventhough i have tried installing all the usb drivers and kies ,i dont know if its because of the data cable or windows8 or my phone ) so i removed my external sd copied all my files and saw (in mini tool partition wizard)that my 2nd partition was full(512 mb)i didnt know what to do and i formatted everything(sd).

So you can actually enter the "download" mode. Thats good at least.

Win 8 comatible driver --> Samsung 1.5.27.0

Which version of odin do you use? This will wotk for you --> Odin 3.07

Last edited:
Reactions: glenzac

glenzac

Jan 10, 2014
thanks 4 quick reply

THANKS FOR THE REPLY!!!!!
I HAVE THE USB DRIVER 1.5.23 and still the phone wont work.
actually i have both odin1.85 and 3.09

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
when i used to connect the phone it would show "usb device not recognized".i tried reinstalling the usb drivers but no use.

you have to force the installation. Right mouse on device. Install driver. select driver manually. (you have to xtract the driver files from the installer first) show "incompatible" devices --> musg be sth like "USB composite device"

picture.php

Last edited:

glenzac

Jan 10, 2014
k

you have to force the installation. Right mouse on device. Install driver. select driver manually. (you have to xtract the driver files from the installer first) show "incompatible" devices --> musg be sth like "USB composite device"

picture.php

im sorry i havent understood what you said, can you PLEASE explain it in a detailed manner

N'ayam Amarsh'e

Dec 27, 2013
HEY GUYS !!
The Best Solution Is :

Press thanks if It helps

Download CWM From here : http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1461120&d=1352197095

Download Stockrom from here : http://www.4shared.com/zip/SZzB-egN/S5300XXLF5_S5300BTULF1_BTU.html

Put both zips in your sd card

go to recovery mode by pressing vol up + home button + power button (Hold for 10 seconds)

Now in recovery mode select apply update from sd card and select cwm file...

Now in cwm mode again go to apply update from sd card ...

Select Stock ROm ZIP...

You will now boot normally

Last edited:

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
ok i am working on it

if at all it works what am i to do next?
what all files should i have?

you have extracted samsung drivers in a folder on your desktop????

right mouse button on unknown device - install driver - searh pc for drivers -> show list -> select folder where the samsung driver is stored -> unmark "compatible devices" and then you can manually select a device if it shoes not compatible -> ignore just install

before we fill 20 more pages may be you can install "gtalk"?

Last edited:

glenzac

Jan 10, 2014
what next???

the soft brick software will not do as i can access odin

so can someone please help me to go ahead with odin

what files would i require?
also there is another major problem my phone wont charge.the second i connect the charger the phone tries to turn on and returns back to the black screen,
please help

Last edited:

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
the soft brick software will not do as i can access odin

so can someone please help me to go ahead with odin

what files would i require?
also there is another major problem my phone wont charge.the second i connect the charger the phone tries to turn on and returns back to the black screen,
please help

MAN did you installed driver as i said? when its showing Samsung USB comosite device --> flash stock rom with odin. S5300 Stock firmwares make sure to have your region

Your phone has to b connected in "download" mode (by pressing the 3 button combo)

If you cant enter download mode? release battery and connect phone to pc with usb cable then press Vol- and home and power and put back in battery while. Your computer should get the device.

you flash stockrom using odin.

Sry for that complicated chat, but its not that easy using a browser based chat for that. Also you got more then 1 person tell what to do. Seems not workin that good...

So if something is still not cleat, may be install GTalk for easier chat or teamviewer that i can "show" what i mean.

regards

Last edited:

glenzac

Jan 10, 2014
no luck

MAN did you installed driver as i said? when its showing Samsung USB comosite device --> flash stock rom with odin. S5300 Stock firmwares make sure to have your region

Your phone has to b connected in "download" mode (by pressing the 3 button combo)

If you cant enter download mode? release battery and connect phone to pc with usb cable then press Vol- and home and power and put back in battery while. Your computer should get the device.

you flash stockrom using odin.

Sry for that complicated chat, but its not that easy using a browser based chat for that. Also you got more then 1 person tell what to do. Seems not workin that good...

So if something is still not cleat, may be install GTalk for easier chat or teamviewer that i can "show" what i mean.

regards

sorry for responding late i tried all that you said but no luck.
i am beginning to suspect it is the problem of the cable or of the phones jack

glenzac

Jan 10, 2014
sorry everyone for the late reply

I had gone on a long trip on my way back I also bought an USB cable then it worked perfect ,and I flashed stock Rom with Odin. Alright
Thanks

Now I have a new query can I upgrade my galaxy pocket to jelly bean.
Please help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HEY GUYS !!

So you can actually enter the "download" mode. Thats good at least.

Win 8 comatible driver --> Samsung 1.5.27.0

Which version of odin do you use? This will wotk for you --> Odin 3.07
    THANKS FOR THE REPLY!!!!!
    I HAVE THE USB DRIVER 1.5.23 and still the phone wont work.
    actually i have both odin1.85 and 3.09

Check under device manager if it shows usb device with yellow triangle while phone is connected to computer (Be sure to set show all devices)
    when i used to connect the phone it would show "usb device not recognized".i tried reinstalling the usb drivers but no use.

picture.php
    im sorry i havent understood what you said, can you PLEASE explain it in a detailed manner

device manager shoes "unknown device" with a yellow triangle?
    ok i am working on it

if at all it works what am i to do next?
    what all files should i have?

you have extracted samsung drivers in a folder on your desktop????

right mouse button on unknown device - install driver - searh pc for drivers -> show list -> select folder where the samsung driver is stored -> unmark "compatible devices" and then you can manually select a device if it shoes not compatible -> ignore just install

before we fill 20 more pages may be you can install "gtalk"?