Search This thread

chargedRam

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 19, 2007
Hello Friends,

So here it is , the all new Anuvadak 1.1.1
People can download using the check for updates option in the Anuvadak 1.1
Changelog Anuvadak 1.1.1

Anuvadak has graduated to v1.1.1 with minor changes.
+ Added Bing text to speech translation
+ Bing supports Japanese and Korean translations which google doesnt
+Added Icon chooser option for people who want to choose different icon for Anuvadak.

ScreenShot11.png
ScreenShot31.png
ScreenShot41.png

Changelog Anuvadak 1.1

+ Added QVGA, WQVGA and HVGA support
+ Improved Instant translation but still in alpha
+ Added paste support with a dedicated paste button. No more long press to select paste option
+ Added dictionary items with translation
  • * Nouns
  • * Pronouns
  • * Adjectives
  • * Interjection
  • * Conjunction
  • * Verb
  • * Adverb
  • * Abbreviation
+ Added check for update option
+ Added user-selectable option to show number of items in history - This is major memory improvement. Devices with low memory choose less than 5 items
+ Added support for saving a language pair as favorite or save it as default
+ Added new awesome application icon for Anuvadak - Many thanks to tnyynt
+ Added support to show all indic and Asian languages. Shown in the video
The last enhancement was difficult to add but it happened.

There is a trick to it.
Anuvadak now uses Arial Unicode MS font to show all languages. Unfortunately I cannot pack the font with the application as it would be illegal. Also the font file is around 28 MB. But no problem.
The font is packed with all the versions of Microsoft office 2007 onwards. It is located in Windows> Fonts directory by name Arial Unicode MS. Download the font from the windows (PC) directory and copy it your windows phone > Windows > Fonts directory. Install the app, Restart the phone and bingo!! all languages show up now :D

For people who don't have access to Arial Font, I am attaching a another Unicode font (free). Download that font and repeat the copying instructions as above and it should show up nicely. One thing to remember, when using the alternate font remember to change settings from the application menu to choose Bitstream cyberbit.

The drawback of using this (Bitstream cyberbit) font is that it doesn't show every character in every language. Some characters from Arabic, Persian and Chinese are missing. Hindi is completely missing.

If anybody has any problem, let me know and I will try to help you as much as I can.

Here is video review of Anuvadak 1.0 by CJ Lippstreu of pocketnow
Many Thanks CJ
Here is the pocketnow post :)
http://pocketnow.com/software-1/video-google-translate-with-text-to-speech-for-windows-phone

Here is the walkthrough video of Anuvadak 1.1

Attached are some screen shots for your reference:

Screen01.jpg
Screen02.jpg
Screen03.jpg
Screen04.jpg
Screen05.jpg
Screen06.jpg
Screen07.jpg
Screen08.jpg
Screen09.jpg
Screen10.jpg
Screen11.jpg
Screen12.jpg

I am open for positive and constructive criticism. As I mentioned before I am working on Speech to Text feature as a major release but I will be taking note of the current bugs and will be releasing minor fixes as versions.

Please test it out and let me know of any requests, bugs...

Also I would like to thank everybody for their suggestions and specially to the beta testers for testing Anuvadak 1.1

At last a very sincere thanks to people who have donated to Anuvadak

* KukurikU
* massimo gobbato
* pink_floyd

Cheers!!
CR

Download Anuvadak - Link 1

Follow me on Twitter for Anuvadak and other releases :)

Last edited:

Jaxbot

Mar 14, 2009
windowsphonehacker.com
Works great on my HD2. A quick comment, however:
I normally use Google translator for looking up how to say Chinese phrases. And, of course, Chinese uses a character system. While the characters show up just fine in the app, I do not have the option to view the Romanization of the characters (how they would be pronounced), though this is offered on Google's website.
Any plans to implement this?
Edit: Nevermind, Romanization is evidently supported, I guess Chinese just isn't working for it.

Other than that, beautiful app, defiantly keeping it on my must-have list.

Last edited:

chargedRam

Sep 19, 2007
Thanks guys for your comments....

Let me know the bugs, features wanted.. and I will update it.

Now working on Speech to text... might take some time.. so hang on :)

chargedRam

Sep 19, 2007
Works great on my HD2. A quick comment, however:
I normally use Google translator for looking up how to say Chinese phrases. And, of course, Chinese uses a character system. While the characters show up just fine in the app, I do not have the option to view the Romanization of the characters (how they would be pronounced), though this is offered on Google's website.
Any plans to implement this?
Edit: Nevermind, Romanization is evidently supported, I guess Chinese just isn't working for it.

Other than that, beautiful app, defiantly keeping it on my must-have list.

Thanks !!! I am glad you liked it..
About romanization .. could you let me know the phrase you tried to translate.. ? According to me it should work for chinese .. ?

kain144000

Jan 19, 2008
Great app, but might I suggest...

... Let me know the bugs, features wanted.. and I will update it.

Now working on Speech to text... might take some time.. so hang on :)

... Some kind of app memory. It's a li'l tedious to have to choose your langs on every launch. Maybe a config file in the app dir, or a few reg entries.
And, by "Speech to text" do you mean speech recognition? 'Cause, that'd be purrty *****in'. :D

chargedRam

Sep 19, 2007
Thanks!!

... Some kind of app memory. It's a li'l tedious to have to choose your langs on every launch. Maybe a config file in the app dir, or a few reg entries.
And, by "Speech to text" do you mean speech recognition? 'Cause, that'd be purrty *****in'. :D

Sure.. next minor release will see your suggestion .. (i dont know how I missed that :) lol )

And yeah you guessed it right ... speech recognition !!!! its the next big thing I am working on ... :D

aeg4058

Oct 17, 2008
This app is great i just tried it and it worked perfectly!
This is probably a little bit off topic... but The onscreen keyboard you have in the screen shots looks amazing. Where can i find that skin if you dont mind me asking?

arturobandini

Sep 23, 2008
Paris
This app is really fantastic. And so useful. :)

The UI is nice. Text to Speech (or speech recognition) is a great feature and works very well with respect to the main languages (French, English, Italian, etc.)

Ability to copy and send via SMS is cool also.

So.... Thank you very much :)

Some things could maybe be improved:

- Could you kindly add the ability to PASTE some selected text in order to translate it.
This would be an important and useful feature. For instance if ever you wanted to translate part of a sentence taken from a webpage...
- Improve the icon of the app.
- It seems that some special characters are not supported for some languages (e.g. Vietnamese, Japanese, Greek).
- Memorize the last selected languages once you exit the soft (instead of English/Spanish by default)
- Ability to send via Email also?

Last edited:

winmofreak

Sep 15, 2009
can't download...

it just keeps telling me to wait at the download page. could you upload the cab here?

Cyclu

Feb 23, 2009
Wow! This program is genial and single in pocketpc. :)

Sorry for my english.

wetti

Dec 15, 2008
This app is great but it doesn't load proprtly on my i900 - WQVGA

the X buttom is very big ..needs some tweeking

whale813

Apr 8, 2008
Fine tuning needed for black theme

Great apps. Thanks.

Too bad it does not play well with black theme (white text on black background). :(

vadim_bogaiskov

Sep 2, 2007
Moscow
Feature "Romanisation" is disabled. Is it bug?
Compare my and your screenshots:
attachment.php
screenshot12sa.png

Attachments

• Screen01.png
    Screen01.png
    21.9 KB · Views: 947
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Friends,

So here it is , the all new Anuvadak 1.1.1
    People can download using the check for updates option in the Anuvadak 1.1
    Changelog Anuvadak 1.1.1

Anuvadak has graduated to v1.1.1 with minor changes.
    + Added Bing text to speech translation
    + Bing supports Japanese and Korean translations which google doesnt
    +Added Icon chooser option for people who want to choose different icon for Anuvadak.

ScreenShot11.png
    ScreenShot31.png
    ScreenShot41.png

Changelog Anuvadak 1.1

+ Added QVGA, WQVGA and HVGA support
    + Improved Instant translation but still in alpha
    + Added paste support with a dedicated paste button. No more long press to select paste option
    + Added dictionary items with translation
    • * Nouns
    • * Pronouns
    • * Adjectives
    • * Interjection
    • * Conjunction
    • * Verb
    • * Adverb
    • * Abbreviation
    + Added check for update option
    + Added user-selectable option to show number of items in history - This is major memory improvement. Devices with low memory choose less than 5 items
    + Added support for saving a language pair as favorite or save it as default
    + Added new awesome application icon for Anuvadak - Many thanks to tnyynt
    + Added support to show all indic and Asian languages. Shown in the video
    The last enhancement was difficult to add but it happened.

There is a trick to it.
    Anuvadak now uses Arial Unicode MS font to show all languages. Unfortunately I cannot pack the font with the application as it would be illegal. Also the font file is around 28 MB. But no problem.
    The font is packed with all the versions of Microsoft office 2007 onwards. It is located in Windows> Fonts directory by name Arial Unicode MS. Download the font from the windows (PC) directory and copy it your windows phone > Windows > Fonts directory. Install the app, Restart the phone and bingo!! all languages show up now :D

For people who don't have access to Arial Font, I am attaching a another Unicode font (free). Download that font and repeat the copying instructions as above and it should show up nicely. One thing to remember, when using the alternate font remember to change settings from the application menu to choose Bitstream cyberbit.

The drawback of using this (Bitstream cyberbit) font is that it doesn't show every character in every language. Some characters from Arabic, Persian and Chinese are missing. Hindi is completely missing.

If anybody has any problem, let me know and I will try to help you as much as I can.

Here is video review of Anuvadak 1.0 by CJ Lippstreu of pocketnow
    Many Thanks CJ
    Here is the pocketnow post :)
    http://pocketnow.com/software-1/video-google-translate-with-text-to-speech-for-windows-phone

Here is the walkthrough video of Anuvadak 1.1

Attached are some screen shots for your reference:

Screen01.jpg
    Screen02.jpg
    Screen03.jpg
    Screen04.jpg
    Screen05.jpg
    Screen06.jpg
    Screen07.jpg
    Screen08.jpg
    Screen09.jpg
    Screen10.jpg
    Screen11.jpg
    Screen12.jpg

I am open for positive and constructive criticism. As I mentioned before I am working on Speech to Text feature as a major release but I will be taking note of the current bugs and will be releasing minor fixes as versions.

Please test it out and let me know of any requests, bugs...

Also I would like to thank everybody for their suggestions and specially to the beta testers for testing Anuvadak 1.1

At last a very sincere thanks to people who have donated to Anuvadak

* KukurikU
    * massimo gobbato
    * pink_floyd

Cheers!!
    CR

Download Anuvadak - Link 1

Follow me on Twitter for Anuvadak and other releases :)

Anuvadak 1.0.1 coming soon !!

Hello Friends,

Thanks for the wonderful reviews for Anuvadak 1.0 . I have got a bunch of bug fixes and new enhancements. I will be listing them down here. Please add anything I have missed. Thanks

Bug Fixes

1. Fix the romanization bug as many people have reported it not working
    2. Design the app for wqvga and qvga resolutions
    3. Enable auto-detect in translation

Features

1. Implement save-settings features which will remember the last language pair and if instant translation was enabled
    2. Implement Send by Email feature
    3. Enable paste feature in the textbox
    4. App will auto check for new updates

So above will be implemented very soon. Please add anything else through the comments and I will try to accommodate your requests.

In at last… the big feature for speech to text is still in works :D

Thanks again !!
    Hi, chargedRam!

Now I have translated user interface of your program with changing program code. If you enable NET cultures, localization of your program will be easier.

attachment.php