I9100 can't make phone calls after flashing cyanogenmod/ every AOSP based rom

Search This thread

Itamarsachs1

Oct 6, 2013
Hello.
I have flashed cyanogenmod using the installer and without the installer on my I9100 and I tried to make a phone call, but it ended immediately and said ''call ended''. I can send SMS or receive phone calls, but I can't make phone calls. Please help me I don't know what to do.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

king_below_my_lord

Dec 2, 2012
Thrissur,Kerela
Must be some kind of bug,if you can't get any help from the CM forum try flashing an other nightly or even consider upgrading or changing ROM's like for example if you wanna keep the AOSP feeling try SlimBean or anything else you find interesting.

Edit: I checked through the CM thread and couldn't find anyone mentioning this kind of problem maybe its some issue like the basic ones,like the occasional modem problems which you can solve by flashing an other modem, or have you at least done a cache/dalvik wipe if you performed a dirty flash while upgrading nightlies or something?

Last edited:

Itamarsachs1

Oct 6, 2013
First of all thanks for answering. :) I have tried to flash alot of roms including AOKP, PARANOIDANDROID, ReVolt and they all had the same problem. Can you explain to me waht is modem, and how can i flash it?

Mcjim113

Apr 15, 2010
What Process exactly did you follow when flashing this CM AOKP etc? Have you use getril or flashed a modem zip through cwm at any point after flashing those roms?

Itamarsachs1

Oct 6, 2013
Yes I tried the app getRIL, and tried to install a new modem. Do you have any other idea?

king_below_my_lord

Dec 2, 2012
Thrissur,Kerela
Try a nuke script and then try flashing roms or flash stock via Odin and perform a factory reset and see if the problem persists.

Itamarsachs1

Oct 6, 2013
What is a nuke script?

EDIT:
i understood what is a nuke script, and i have flashed the stock rom via odin. Than i have flashed CyanogenMod 10.1.3, but this time, instead of doing a factory reset, i did the nuke script, and than i have flashed the CyanogenMod 10.1.3 and than the Gapps.

The nuke script, didn't solve the problem...
Do you have any other idea, cause i'm completely hopeless... :(

Last edited:

king_below_my_lord

Dec 2, 2012
Thrissur,Kerela
Try generating a log file immediately after trying to make a call and if you can't understand it try posting it here , also did you try to make a call from the stock version and did the problem persist?

Sent from my E16i using xda app-developers app

Itamarsachs1

Oct 6, 2013
I don't know what is a log file. I did try to flash a stock ROM and it solved the problem, but I do want a aosp ROM.

king_below_my_lord

Dec 2, 2012
Thrissur,Kerela
Read up on what a log file is and how to make it and understand it, also if the problem is happening only with CM try other AOSP builds like Revolt, SlimBean or any other CM based roms or Chameleon if you prefer a hybrid between AOSP and Stock.

Itamarsachs1

Oct 6, 2013
I have tried to flash all of the aosp based ROMs like supernexus, aokp, paranoid android, revolt, and in all of them there was the same problem. Can you explain to me what is a log file and how to make it, cause I didn't understood what is it.

santhosh502

Jul 14, 2013
Greensboro
I don't know if this helps but Samsung devices like ours have problem in EFS file while flashing cm based ROMs. try backing up the EFS using app called ktool from play store while in stock ROM and restore it after flashing new ROM.

Itamarsachs1

Oct 6, 2013
I have backed up my EFS using ktool, and it is saying that it is really dangerous to restore it, and only use it as a last resort... So should i do this or not? please answer quickly cause i need to know!

king_below_my_lord

Dec 2, 2012
Thrissur,Kerela
Do not restore efs if you don't have any issues with your imei. Log file is a file which lists all the activities that take place when you do a particular thing, use the app called logcat to record and save a log file, do it immediately after you tried to make a call.

santhosh502

Jul 14, 2013
Greensboro
Sorrt mate.:( I haven't had this problem from flashing different roms. Keep the EFS backup safely and try it once. I too have a backup just in case my EFS is lost.

Itamarsachs1

Oct 6, 2013
I've already restored the backed up EFS... Is that bad?
and also i run the logcat after trying to make a phone call, and i didn't understood a **** of what was written there... Do you know what should i look for in the logcat?

king_below_my_lord

Dec 2, 2012
Thrissur,Kerela
Post your log file here and let one of us check it out, if possible I myself will try checking it to see whats happening and remember we need a log file made immediately after you tried making a call and after the problem happened.