[Q] Is there a custom ROM that disables Safe Mode entirely? (broken volume button)

Search This thread

hystrix0

Jun 1, 2008
Los Angeles
Anyone know of a custom rom for the Nexus7 (grouper) that removes the built-in android feature to enable safe mode via volume down key?

Reason: I have a nexus 7 with a broken volume down key.
Therefore it always boots into fastboot, and then then on start, boots into safe mode.

Steps taken to rectify button problem:

1. I have already replaced the Power & Volume Button Cable and it did not fix it. I am assuming that it is a mainboard issue.

2. I have also re-flashed 4.4.2 (KOT49H) factory image, just in case something was stuck.

So I was thinking if it could be solved via software (custom rom), by either disabling safe boot entirely or remapping keys early enough in the boot sequence.

Seems a shame for this thing to be almost useless (no 3rd party apps) just because of a broken volume button.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

dhowell1

Sep 23, 2008
Anyone know of a custom rom for the Nexus7 (grouper) that removes the built-in android feature to enable safe mode via volume down key?

Reason: I have a nexus 7 with a broken volume down key.
Therefore it always boots into fastboot, and then then on start, boots into safe mode.

Steps taken to rectify button problem:

1. I have already replaced the Power & Volume Button Cable and it did not fix it. I am assuming that it is a mainboard issue.

2. I have also re-flashed 4.4.2 (KOT49H) factory image, just in case something was stuck.

So I was thinking if it could be solved via software (custom rom), by either disabling safe boot entirely or remapping keys early enough in the boot sequence.

Seems a shame for this thing to be almost useless (no 3rd party apps) just because of a broken volume button.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

BUMP: I am having the exact same problem. I also replaced the volume button cable and that didn't solve it.

Hystrix0 did you ever solve this issue?