Stock ICS Launcher with official ICS update?

Search This thread

Ryjabo

Jun 16, 2010
Chicago
When this phone gets updated to ICS... I realize that it won't come with the stock launcher, but if I were to install the actual stock launcher would it work? I know there are a lot of Google apps that can't be installed without other Google services or framework things installed, so that's why I'm asking.

And I don't mean some hack-job port of it from the Market... I am talking about the real thing.

rwilco12

😺 Recognised Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
When this phone gets updated to ICS... I realize that it won't come with the stock launcher, but if I were to install the actual stock launcher would it work? I know there are a lot of Google apps that can't be installed without other Google services or framework things installed, so that's why I'm asking.

And I don't mean some hack-job port of it from the Market... I am talking about the real thing.

Actually it will have the stock launcher included. You'll just need to make it the primary.

rwilco12

😺 Recognised Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
How do you know this?

XDA Premium | Galaxy Nexus | Sprint

I guess I really don't know, it's more an educated guess. I based it on the fact that every version of Android that's been released so far (official or otherwise) had had it.

Samsung just likes to make TW the default. Download Homesmack or Home Switcher to change your default.

kingsway8605

Apr 26, 2010
It will have the stock launcher included, you just have to clear defaults for the twiz launcher in settings. The current gb version has the stock gb launcher hidden away and all of the ics leaks have had the stock ics launcher hidden away.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Ryjabo

Jun 16, 2010
Chicago
It will have the stock launcher included, you just have to clear defaults for the twiz launcher in settings. The current gb version has the stock gb launcher hidden away and all of the ics leaks have had the stock ics launcher hidden away.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

The stock GB TW has a launcher like the stock GB launcher but it is not stock... it is like a gimp knockoff.

XDA Premium | Galaxy Nexus | Sprint