[Q] How to edit E975 ROM to work on LS970

Search This thread

dopy25

Feb 21, 2009
Fresno
I would like some help changing a ROM from E975 to flash on my LS970, has anyone been successful at this?

I found a rom that is only for the E975 and I really want to check it out.

Here's what I have done so far:

I changed the updater-script to say the same as my phone so it would flash.
At this point I was able to flash the ROM and it booted great but I had no mobile network information.

So then I also edited the build.prop so my phone info would be there and I was able to change from 4G only to other mobile settings.
The ROM booted and worked great except I kept getting force closes, "unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped working"

I get this constantly, sometimes overlapping others. Until I turn off data or turn on airplane mode. So it is something to do with data, does anyone have any ideas?

I looked at other ls970 ROMs to match the settings in the build.prop but I still get the phone fc's.
(No I did not just pull one and slap it in another)
I am referring to the telephony lines, the ones that need to be edited and added in PA to make it work.

Things that work:
Everything that does not require mobile data to be turned on. (everything works if on wifi)
I can send/receive calls and texts, mms on wifi.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I have brought it up in the thread for the rom but I don't want to mention it here unless asked since I know the devs of some roms don't want mirrors (not that I would but I don't want to prompt someone to link me to a mirror of a modified version)

Basically I am trying to make an E975 ROM work on my LS970 and what the steps are to make it happen.

engine95

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2008
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 4a
I just made a team to attempt that very thing. Data is being our issue. I'm pretty sure the variety of modems they have are our issue. We're trying to make stock Roms cross platform. Similar to what xbox did with Gee and Geeb.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: dopy25

dopy25

Feb 21, 2009
Fresno
I just made a team to attempt that very thing. Data is being our issue. I'm pretty sure the variety of modems they have are our issue. We're trying to make stock Roms cross platform. Similar to what xbox did with Gee and Geeb.

That's awesome! I would offer my assistance but this is beyond me. Would you mind letting me know what you did when it is finished?

If I get it to work I will definitely post back, it may help you as well.

Basically what I have is an e975 ROM that is specific for that device. What have you got working so far? Is the modem part of the install package? Can I flash the ZVC modem from recovery for a specific ROM or is that in a different partition and affects the whole phone and every other ROM I install?

I am using the multiboot method so I am worried about my other ROMs I have installed, I don't want them to go out of whack since they work for the most part.

EDIT: I am up to testing anything you want to throw this way if that helps.

Last edited:

engine95

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2008
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 4a
Here's the thread I started over there. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2749491 In a nutshell, calls are working, data is being random for working or not. And LTE is a no go.
We're trying to just get a working baseline that's consistent, but so far weird things keep happening.
Jake wasn't too sure if it's even possible with stock. But we're trying.
I'll PM you shortly, and fill you in.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.