[ADDON] T-Mobile WiFi Calling for CyanogenMod 7.0.0

Search This thread

unforgiven512

Oct 28, 2008
Erie, PA
unforgivendevelopment.com
I finally did it. I've got T-Mobile WiFi Calling working on CyanogenMod 7.0.0 on the Nexus One!

Here it is, everyone!

UPDATE: Here's version 1.3, everyone! I apologize for the delays, I've been having technical issues the past few days. But, alas, I've pulled through, and made it happen! Here is a proper, signed update.zip for you all. It will work on CyanogenMod 7 RC3, and the "new" nightlies, build 31 and up!

IMPORTANT: THIS IS FOR T-MOBILE USA CUSTOMERS *ONLY* -- IT WILL NOT WORK OTHERWISE!

NOTE: THIS HAS ONLY BEEN TESTED ON THE *OFFICIAL* CYANOGENMOD NIGHTLY BUILDS. IF YOU ARE NOT USING THE *OFFICIAL* BUILDS, UNFORTUNATELY, I CAN NOT HELP YOU.

For more details and the download itself, click the link below!

Version 1.3

Last edited:

unforgiven512

Oct 28, 2008
Erie, PA
unforgivendevelopment.com
CHANGELOG

1.3 - Update 3 (03/29/2011)
  • Updated to work with CyanogenMod 7 RC3, and the "new" nightlies, build 31 and up
  • Commented out "ro.ril.enable.3g.prefix=1" in build.prop, as this is not the default CM7 behavior.

1.2 - Update 2 (01/30/2011)
  • Changed my script to accommodate for the changes made to the build.prop file in CyanogenMod itself
  • No need for flashing 1.0 then 1.1 anymore, the necessary changes are in CM itself now
  • Use with build 21 and up

1.1 - Update 1 (01/22/2011)
  • Necessary changes integrated into CyanogenMod thanks to @cyanogen
  • Makes life easier (for me, at least)
  • Allows GPRS over WiFi -- Fixes MMS, other things

1.0 - Initial Release (01/18/2011)
  • Built from CM sources as of 01/17/2011

Last edited:

bwinger79

Sep 23, 2009
Denver
I finally did it....I compiled CM 8 before Cyanogen did....and even before Google released it. Will post shortly......... lulz!!!

Reactions: thrik

Rafb86

Aug 17, 2010
God I need this ... can we have an eta so im not up all night waiting?

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I finally did it. I've got T-Mobile WiFi Calling working on CyanogenMod 7.0.0 on the Nexus One!

Here it is, everyone!

UPDATE: Here's version 1.3, everyone! I apologize for the delays, I've been having technical issues the past few days. But, alas, I've pulled through, and made it happen! Here is a proper, signed update.zip for you all. It will work on CyanogenMod 7 RC3, and the "new" nightlies, build 31 and up!

IMPORTANT: THIS IS FOR T-MOBILE USA CUSTOMERS *ONLY* -- IT WILL NOT WORK OTHERWISE!

NOTE: THIS HAS ONLY BEEN TESTED ON THE *OFFICIAL* CYANOGENMOD NIGHTLY BUILDS. IF YOU ARE NOT USING THE *OFFICIAL* BUILDS, UNFORTUNATELY, I CAN NOT HELP YOU.

For more details and the download itself, click the link below!

Version 1.3
    In case anyone is interested, I put together a new package with a slightly newer WiFi calling apk from T-Mobile and also updated libkineto and libganril. Works perfectly on my Nexus One running CM7.x nightly build 253.

Remove your current WiFi calling app before installing the new one.
    I apologize for the delays everyone. Between the technical issues of having a new PC and new OS (Windows 7, ugh) and the connectivity issues of the past few days, it was tricky to get this one together. But, I will say, my new development environment is starting to take shape (Ubuntu 10.10 in VirtualBox), so things will be easier from here on out. :)

Anyhow, 1.3 is out. Grab it here.

Changes include working with RC3, and the "new" nightlies, build 31 and up. Also, I've commented out "ro.ril.enable.3g.prefix=1" in the build.prop, so there will be no more "3G" prefix on your network name while connected to 3G networks, as this is not the default CM7 behavior.

If you would like this, you can uncomment that line. If you are not comfortable doing so, but would like this feature, please let me know in this thread, and I will work something out.

Thanks again, everybody, for your support. It means a lot. :)
    Hey unforgiven!

I've been messing around with WiFi Calling for the HTC HD2 since they both have a QSD8250. I was pleasantly surprised! I am running an old Nightly of Cyanogenmod 7.1 and wanted to see if I could increase the mic gain somehow. I figure, what have I got to loose as long as I back up my old libraries... well.. I replaced my libraries with the ones from here (also require installation of it's app APK, optimizer is the same):
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1083729 in the file wifi-calling-htcleo-gb+new+for+miui+1.5.27.zip

It just shaved 10 meg off of the package and it works, and I am told VERY SLIGHTLY louder.

I've been disassembling the libkineto.so and noticed its running opencore-amr so, my next step would be to prod around and try to find out how I can increase the gain as the frame is encoding... this is a messy solution but it's something... perhaps having a pass through library that passes all library calls to the kineto library with the exception of a gain multiplier on the frames?

Have you made any progress on the volume issue at all before I start tearing this apart?
    I will release the official fix shortly.

I am just doing some testing and finalizing things.

Thanks for hanging in there, everyone!