Google Maps 3.3.0 On the market

Search This thread

kizer

Mar 31, 2009
www.links4jeeps.com
Welp I just installed 3.3.0 on my G1 and now I'm getting Force Closures. ;)

Compass arrow
Scale bar
Terrain Layer
More…
When I opened up the new Google Maps for the first time it asked “What’s new in Maps?” and it answered:

Report a problem with the map or a business listing
See businesses at an address or near a point on the map
Try out experimental features with labs

Uninstalled and reinstalled and it works fine.

Attachments

• new.jpg
    new.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 103
  • labs1.jpg
    labs1.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 92
  • labs2.jpg
    labs2.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 90
  • favorite.jpg
    favorite.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 87
  • problem.jpg
    problem.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 80
  • terrian.jpg
    terrian.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 97
  • popcats1.jpg
    popcats1.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 80
  • popcats2.jpg
    popcats2.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

agee

Sep 14, 2007
Thanks for the uninstall/reinstall tip. that solved my problem. running CM-4.2.7.1

Ayesuku

Jun 2, 2009
No force closes here...

The new features are cool, but nothing nearly as awesome an addition as Navigation was. Either way though, love to see that they're improving it all the time. Android's Google Maps is WAYY better than iPhone's if you ask me.

zimphishmonger

Jun 4, 2009
I am personally getting a "package not signed" error on Enmther's TheOfficial. I uninstalled it but I still cant get it to install/

theartar

Sep 7, 2009
Running Cyanogen 4.2.5 and had the hacked version of 3.2.1 Maps (via XDA, before it was available on the market). Upgraded to 3.3 via market and it works fine, no FCs.

shmigao

Sep 3, 2009
a full uninstall (e.g. i did it with Super User File Management System (SUFMS) and then reinstall via market fixes the Maps 3.30 force close issue

obry

Oct 27, 2009
Orlando
www.intaxity.com
Having the same problem here with the unsigned package error message - tried uninstalling, manually deleting the Maps.apk file but no luck...

Does anyone have a working APK that we can just push to our app folder and get it over with?

I'm running a modified CM 4.2.7.1 (on which people are complaining about he same issue). I don't get Google with their crap they have to do to block certain features and render the whole thing useless for all users with custom roms until someone has to spend the time and figure it all out for the rest of us...

kizer

Mar 31, 2009
www.links4jeeps.com
getting the same. running cyanogen 4.2.7.1 installed 3.2.1 from market fine last time. no option to uninstall from manage apps - how are you guys uninstalling?

calv

When you are on the market there should be an option to upgrade. I simply upgraded and then when I had an error I went back to the market and searched for "Google Maps" and when it came up I used the uninstall button, followed up with searching and installing.

kizer

Mar 31, 2009
www.links4jeeps.com
thanks, but it says that the file is unavailable.

I just tried to download it again. Its there you just have to wait for their annoying time out thing. I'd host it on my site, but honestly I'd rather not hammer the piss out of it when megaupload works just fine.

Anybody that wants to use it just rename it to Maps.apk

Its renamed funky because of an app I have installed that renames files when I tell it to back up.