Storage problem

Search This thread

tdamocles

Aug 11, 2009
Having a bit of a storage problem here. Phone is stating that I'm 75% full but I have barely any apps (100 apps including system apps) and nothing stored in internal sd. I've. Been flip flopping between aosp, cm and stock roms. Does cm or aosp roms store data on internal storage separately.?

u6e2a5uh.jpg

9eryda9e.jpg

Sent from my XL39h using Tapatalk

Last edited:

fastest83

Jul 13, 2012
It's definitely some cm or other rom folders, dig into folders that start with a "."

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

tdamocles

Aug 11, 2009
Should that Android folder be there? Looks like apks are in a data folder. Is this a cm folder?

Last edited:

tdamocles

Aug 11, 2009
Did you do nandroid backups? By cm folder I mean like some folder made by cm or some other rom...

I'm on an nandroid stock back up right now. I'm just wondering if CyanogenMod or AOSP makes a separate folder for file system that I'm missing.

Last edited:

fastest83

Jul 13, 2012
How many nandroid backups have you got? a nandroid of stock could run to 3 or 4 GB

That's exactly what I meant.
My nandroid done like two days ago, with nothing except apps and like whatsapp media, was ~6GB...
They are of course stored in the clockworkmod folder, he just should delete some of them (namely the older ones).
Or hey, just store the backups on the sd card, he has a 128GB one, I say there's lots of space there... :D

tdamocles

Aug 11, 2009
That's exactly what I meant.
My nandroid done like two days ago, with nothing except apps and like whatsapp media, was ~6GB...
They are of course stored in the clockworkmod folder, he just should delete some of them (namely the older ones).
Or hey, just store the backups on the sd card, he has a 128GB one, I say there's lots of space there... :D

All my nandroids are on the 128gb card. There is none on the internal.

Last edited:

tdamocles

Aug 11, 2009
Okay I went into CWM and looked into SD card and saw 3 nandroids. I went and rebooted but I can't find it anywhere. Where is it ?. I deleted 2 in cwm and I'm back up to over 7 gigabytes of storage.. I can see them in CWM but I can't see them in root explorer?

fastest83

Jul 13, 2012
They simply should be in the clockworkmod folder, and nowhere else. Unless you made your backup with philz or TWRP, and you specifically changed the destination of the backup on internal SD...

adfurgerson

Jan 24, 2011
Okay I went into CWM and looked into SD card and saw 3 nandroids. I went and rebooted but I can't find it anywhere. Where is it ?. I deleted 2 in cwm and I'm back up to over 7 gigabytes of storage.. I can see them in CWM but I can't see them in root explorer?

Root Explorer has a search function (the magnifying glass icon) but be prepared to wait a while as it searches every file.

martin132014

Jan 14, 2011
Having a bit of a storage problem here. Phone is stating that I'm 75% full but I have barely any apps (100 apps including system apps) and nothing stored in internal sd. I've. Been flip flopping between aosp, cm and stock roms. Does cm or aosp roms store data on internal storage separately.?

Why don't you download "file manager( explorer )" from rhythm software on play store.....it have a function to search media storage and see what specific folder that have consume the most of your storage....it will search internal and external....its faster this way....the most will list first...why don't give it a try....