Multi Slider Incoming Call Screen (MSICS for short)

Search This thread

shkedi

Mar 26, 2007

MSICS comes with three sliders instead of one.
The bottom slider is the usual one. No need to elaborate on that one.

The middle slider is the one I have been missing, is allows you to answer with the speaker on in one slide. (Instead of three actions in the original dialer: slide to answer slide down that black thing and pressing on the speaker icon.)

The top slider is the real interesting one it allows you to ignore the incoming call and send the caller a SMS massage with a predefined text (slide right).
Slide left on the top slider to send your location (as Google Maps link) to the caller.
This option is a very convenient way to reply to calls that usually say: "you're late! Where are you?".

MSICS is an idea for an incoming call screen. I need someone to create it.
The picture was made with Photoshop, this is not real (YET!)
If you want to help making MSICS real, please contact me.

Attachments

• multi-slider-incoming-call-screen.jpg
    multi-slider-incoming-call-screen.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 4,377

Szior

Jun 10, 2009
Gr8 idea!!!

This would be very useful! Simple and brilliant idea!
The "preview" is fine too.. :)

I wish I would be such kind of application developer that I could implement this through coding (not through PS ;))

Summa summarum, you've got +1 vote from me...

Hope that somebody with enough coding/HD2/Sense experience would take care about this project.

shkedi

Mar 26, 2007
This would be very useful! Simple and brilliant idea!
The "preview" is fine too.. :)

I wish I would be such kind of application developer that I could implement this through coding (not through PS ;))

Summa summarum, you've got +1 vote from me...

Hope that somebody with enough coding/HD2/Sense experience would take care about this project.

thanks Szior, looks like your the only one liking this one...

keopsjo

Apr 29, 2005
lisboa
I liked too, but I think that, only the ones that can help making this should answer, otherwise you'll receive dozens of replys saying "I would love to have this...", " I need this...", " I want this..." and in the end you'll get no positive answer.
Let's wait that someone can make this.
Ciao.
Jo

Manicmobileaddict

Apr 4, 2009
overkill

Seems like overkill. Mute is already an easy option with the volume buttons, speaker is only 1 tap after answering, S2U2 offers an sms option which is just 1 tap after ignoring.

I do like the map option. I would suggest hopping over to S2U2 and suggesting it to AC. The S2U2 option pops up the choice of sending an sms or not after you slide to ignore and I would think it could easily be changed from 2 buttons to 3 buttons adding a send map button in addition to the send sms and cancel buttons.

The question is how hard is it to incorporate finding your gps location, mapping it and sending that map when you do hit that new button. I'm sure it can be done, but how much work will it be and is anyone willing to do it. Adding it to an existing similar app already in use rather than yet another new app eating up more memory makes more sense to me. Just my opinion.

krowdrah

Jun 29, 2008
One person thinks of an idea... shares it...and another idea is born.

What about a 4 way slider in the shape of a cross instead? Each direction could have a separate action associated with it:

Push UP: Answer call and start speaker phone
Push LEFT: Answer call in phone
Push RIGHT: Reject call
PUSH DOWN: Reject call and send SMS message.

:)

ephestione

Mar 23, 2008
Rome
www.ephestione.it
For a while, when reading, I was hoping it was indeed real.
I have no skills to implement on the WM side, yet I think the top slider is on you'd want to potentially disable/make harder to activate, if you do slide on the wrong one among the lower two everything is alright anyway, if you slide by mistake on the top one it could have bad effects ;)

Domincw

Mar 13, 2010

MSICS comes with three sliders instead of one.
The bottom slider is the usual one. No need to elaborate on that one.

The middle slider is the one I have been missing, is allows you to answer with the speaker on in one slide. (Instead of three actions in the original dialer: slide to answer slide down that black thing and pressing on the speaker icon.)

The top slider is the real interesting one it allows you to ignore the incoming call and send the caller a SMS massage with a predefined text (slide right).
Slide left on the top slider to send your location (as Google Maps link) to the caller.
This option is a very convenient way to reply to calls that usually say: "you're late! Where are you?".

MSICS is an idea for an incoming call screen. I need someone to create it.
The picture was made with Photoshop, this is not real (YET!)
If you want to help making MSICS real, please contact me.

It's going to be very handy if you manage to develop it man;)

fusi0n8

Mar 14, 2010
One person thinks of an idea... shares it...and another idea is born.

What about a 4 way slider in the shape of a cross instead? Each direction could have a separate action associated with it:

Push UP: Answer call and start speaker phone
Push LEFT: Answer call in phone
Push RIGHT: Reject call
PUSH DOWN: Reject call and send SMS message.

:)

This would be awesome!! :)