[How to] make a simple downanimation (lol with no animation) and community share

Search This thread

jonno95

Dec 2, 2010
Quick how to--> pull the downaimaiton.zip from /system/customize/resource, add your own png's, modify the desc.txt, repackage and replace.

1. Pull the downanimation.zip from your phone or from your latest ROM download. It's located in /system/customize/resource, or download View attachment downanimation.zip (the download already has the desc.txt file modified)

2. Find your image and resize it to 1080 (width) by 1920 (length), then convert to png.

3. Make 4 copies (5 total) and rename them to power_down_00001.png, power_down_00002.png, and so forth down to power_down_00005.png

4. Depending on how many pictures you are using, modify the desc.txt. (more will be needed to make it actually animated) modify the desc.txt file change then number after the 1920 to roughly half the total number of pics.

5. Zip them back up in the file from step one.

6. On your phone using a root explorer navigate to /system/customize/resource and rename the original downanimation.zip (just in case you want to easily go back to it)

7. Copy the new downanimation.zip to your phone then using root explorer copy it to /system/customize/resource and make sure the permissions are like the original.

(alternate step 7) (pointed out by stillthisguy in post #4) If you have ViperDNA by nit then you can go into Venom Tweaks>Advanced>Custom downanimation. It will find all of your .zip files and you just choose the one you want to use.

The first request is done and attached. (be sure and rename to downanimation.zip)

Note: I'm sure there are better ways to do most of this, so as i get suggestions then i'll try to modify the instructions to the best.

Attachments

• deadpool.jpg
    deadpool.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 191
  • deadpool.jpg-downanimation.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:

stillthisguy

Dec 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
I have re-sized one with deadmau5. I will start working on some more, basically start with ones I made for splash screen.

Attachments

• deadmau5-downanimation.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 4
  • kv91qi76-a_download-1920x1920.jpg
    kv91qi76-a_download-1920x1920.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Reactions: jonno95

jonno95

Dec 2, 2010
I've modified the boot up animation, and i'm sure it will be requested.

I didn't create any image, i just cut out as many as i could and re-sized it. Whoever did the original art was amazing. If you know, please direct me to a thread so i can thank them.

It is animated but not crisp and smooth like the boot up, but it needed to be quicker and small enough to share here.

Attachments

• Viper.jpg
    Viper.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 162
  • Viper.jpg-downanimation.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:

stillthisguy

Dec 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
I tried to Apply this through Venom Tweaks and it works. So anyone that has ViperDNA ROM can just go into Venom Tweaks>Advanced>Custom downanimation. It will find all of your .zip files and you just choose the one you want to use.

Epic 4g

Jan 25, 2011
Fighting the Death Bear
AWESOME!

jonno95,

You are definitely the man. When I get home I am going to get this going. That was VERY cool & nice of you to do this. You definitely made a fellow Android power user very happy.

The Android community is an awesome fellowship. There is nothing like it.

Thank you!!!!! :good:

Last edited:

stillthisguy

Dec 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
I would have thought this thread would have gathered a lot more attention than it has, but it seems that splash screens are all the rage...

Dave51495

Mar 20, 2012
This is sweet! I gotta try this when I very home! Thanks!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Quick how to--> pull the downaimaiton.zip from /system/customize/resource, add your own png's, modify the desc.txt, repackage and replace.

1. Pull the downanimation.zip from your phone or from your latest ROM download. It's located in /system/customize/resource, or download View attachment downanimation.zip (the download already has the desc.txt file modified)

2. Find your image and resize it to 1080 (width) by 1920 (length), then convert to png.

3. Make 4 copies (5 total) and rename them to power_down_00001.png, power_down_00002.png, and so forth down to power_down_00005.png

4. Depending on how many pictures you are using, modify the desc.txt. (more will be needed to make it actually animated) modify the desc.txt file change then number after the 1920 to roughly half the total number of pics.

5. Zip them back up in the file from step one.

6. On your phone using a root explorer navigate to /system/customize/resource and rename the original downanimation.zip (just in case you want to easily go back to it)

7. Copy the new downanimation.zip to your phone then using root explorer copy it to /system/customize/resource and make sure the permissions are like the original.

(alternate step 7) (pointed out by stillthisguy in post #4) If you have ViperDNA by nit then you can go into Venom Tweaks>Advanced>Custom downanimation. It will find all of your .zip files and you just choose the one you want to use.

The first request is done and attached. (be sure and rename to downanimation.zip)

Note: I'm sure there are better ways to do most of this, so as i get suggestions then i'll try to modify the instructions to the best.
    I would have thought this thread would have gathered a lot more attention than it has, but it seems that splash screens are all the rage...

I made a couple as well, here click the gif to go to download the downanimations:

I've modified the boot up animation, and i'm sure it will be requested.

I didn't create any image, i just cut out as many as i could and re-sized it. Whoever did the original art was amazing. If you know, please direct me to a thread so i can thank them.

It is animated but not crisp and smooth like the boot up, but it needed to be quicker and small enough to share here.
    I have re-sized one with deadmau5. I will start working on some more, basically start with ones I made for splash screen.
    I tried to Apply this through Venom Tweaks and it works. So anyone that has ViperDNA ROM can just go into Venom Tweaks>Advanced>Custom downanimation. It will find all of your .zip files and you just choose the one you want to use.