Fully customizable LG-skinned ROM based on 24A?

Search This thread

skynet11

Oct 14, 2010
When I look through the Verizon G2 Android Development forum I see stock+ ROMs based on the 24A LG skin, I see "AOSP-based" ROMs (technically they're all based on AOSP but I'm referring to non-OEM-skinned ROMs), and a hybrid ROM with elements taken from the G-Flex ROM. What I don't see is a full-on custom ROM based on any of the LG-skinned ROMs as far back as 10b.

I was wondering if anyone is working on a full custom ROM based on 24A. Naturally it's too early to see any yet, but it'd be nice to know if one was in the works, or if I missed one somewhere in the myriad of subforums in which VS980 ROMs can be found. I know there are Xposed modules available but in my experience I've found them to be rather unstable. Thanks in advance for your helpful replies ?.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

garywojdan81

Aug 10, 2010
Define custom. Are you talking stock-based with aosp elements, like eclipse?

skynet11

Oct 14, 2010
Define custom. Are you talking stock-based with aosp elements, like eclipse?

No - I don't know if you're familiar with some of the custom ROMs based on TouchWiz or Sense, but I was hoping someone or some dev team would develop something like that for LG's 24A skin.

garywojdan81

Aug 10, 2010
No - I don't know if you're familiar with some of the custom ROMs based on TouchWiz or Sense, but I was hoping someone or some dev team would develop something like that for LG's 24A skin.

Nope, I haven't had anything Samsung or HTC since 2009. Coming from the og razr where some of what you're saying was available. Just not on xda.

shiftr182

Oct 5, 2010
Boise
Google Pixel 8 Pro
It's not a tech support question.

Its not called "tech support" its Q & A.... I don't understand what it is that your asking for. I came from the note 3 to the g2, stock based rom options that we had were Clean Rom(basically stock debloated and optimized), Baja Rom (themeable, customizable stock), Eclipse (AOSP elements) and JellyBeans (AOSP Themed). Most of these Roms were deodexed, debloated, stock roms with a few tweaks/themes added to them. If you compare the features of Clean Rom and Malladus they are similar, same goes for XDABBEB's. The G2 has a themeable UI, so theming the Rom isn't necessary. I personally have themed a few apks in my rom because I don't like green (phone and mms), but other than that I use LG Home Themes.

Reactions: skynet11

skynet11

Oct 14, 2010
@shiftr182 ok I can appreciate that - so basically the primary ROMs based on the LG skin are stock+ with limited customizations. I also understand that the LG Home themes already address the need for customizable look and feel options. I had mainly been hoping for a LG-skinned counterpart to a fully-featured ROM such as AOKP. Thanks for the helpful reply (btw I also don't like green all that much ?)

shiftr182

Oct 5, 2010
Boise
Google Pixel 8 Pro
@shiftr182 ok I can appreciate that - so basically the primary ROMs based on the LG skin are stock+ with limited customizations. I also understand that the LG Home themes already address the need for customizable look and feel options. I had mainly been hoping for a LG-skinned counterpart to a fully-featured ROM such as AOKP. Thanks for the helpful reply (btw I also don't like green all that much ?)

If Im on AOSP, I use Alloy Blue theme primarily, but there is a nice G2 theme for theme manager available here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.thomassafca.theme.lgoptimus

I have been using the 4.4 based build of Carbon Rom the last couple days.

Reactions: skynet11

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's not a tech support question.

Its not called "tech support" its Q & A.... I don't understand what it is that your asking for. I came from the note 3 to the g2, stock based rom options that we had were Clean Rom(basically stock debloated and optimized), Baja Rom (themeable, customizable stock), Eclipse (AOSP elements) and JellyBeans (AOSP Themed). Most of these Roms were deodexed, debloated, stock roms with a few tweaks/themes added to them. If you compare the features of Clean Rom and Malladus they are similar, same goes for XDABBEB's. The G2 has a themeable UI, so theming the Rom isn't necessary. I personally have themed a few apks in my rom because I don't like green (phone and mms), but other than that I use LG Home Themes.

If Im on AOSP, I use Alloy Blue theme primarily, but there is a nice G2 theme for theme manager available here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.thomassafca.theme.lgoptimus

I have been using the 4.4 based build of Carbon Rom the last couple days.