unrooted themes

Search This thread

mikeinessex

Dec 14, 2010
Essex
hi, basically i want to keep my stock firmware but have it themed. is this possible? when i root my phone my barclays app will not work hence i would like to theme it without root

Netuser

Feb 4, 2006
Toronto
hi, basically i want to keep my stock firmware but have it themed. is this possible? when i root my phone my barclays app will not work hence i would like to theme it without root

So your bank block access if phone is rooted ? Here in Canada my bank dont do this all work perfectly :D

Anyway there is an Xposed module that can hide your Root status from any app you want, so that can be a solution. You can test it if it don't work you can just of to Odin back your Original Stock ROM and you wont be rooted any more.

FleetFanatic

Jul 20, 2012
hi, basically i want to keep my stock firmware but have it themed. is this possible? when i root my phone my barclays app will not work hence i would like to theme it without root[/QUOTE

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.calciumion.themepicker.app

Hi! It works without root

I've been compiling bits from various themes on here... I have the same issue/choice... I use both my banking app & Sky Go a lot, so don;t want to root.

You can add a custom recovery via odin, and flash stuff, just choose not to root if/when asked.

Not quite finished yet, as not happy with the settings menus... and been reluctant to share as I have stolen bits from several other themes,
can't even remember which ones, there's been so many components used to get it to this point... I've just replaced png's here & there, recolouring when I've needed to, etc...

2hf6hcy.png

1231gg2.png

15i9q2s.png

2d1wbvs.png

But yes, it can be done.

mikeinessex

Dec 14, 2010
Essex
I've been compiling bits from various themes on here... I have the same issue/choice... I use both my banking app & Sky Go a lot, so don;t want to root.

You can add a custom recovery via odin, and flash stuff, just choose not to root if/when asked.

Not quite finished yet, as not happy with the settings menus... and been reluctant to share as I have stolen bits from several other themes,
can't even remember which ones, there's been so many components used to get it to this point... I've just replaced png's here & there, recolouring when I've needed to, etc...

2hf6hcy.png

1231gg2.png

15i9q2s.png

2d1wbvs.png

But yes, it can be done.
nice work mate. will themed apps flash and take to the phone without root access tho?

FleetFanatic

Jul 20, 2012

mikeinessex

Dec 14, 2010
Essex