[Q] Difference between HLTE and HLTEXX?

Search This thread

NeoGoku123

Jan 19, 2014
Yes i can get into recovery and install the rom.
if its finish i reboot my Phone and have a Bootloop..

denski101

Jan 7, 2014
simple answer:
you can not use any of the CM builds available atm.
when you installed the regular kit kat stock rom, you got the new bootloader.
you can not use cm for now and you can not go back to any 4.3 rom.
Just a quick question, could you restore a nandroid backup from 4.3 without issues. I dont plan on doing this, just curious.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

A.N.Droid

Dec 1, 2013
LeEco Le Max 2
Just a quick question, could you restore a nandroid backup from 4.3 without issues. I dont plan on doing this, just curious.

no.
once you have the new bootloader you cant go back.
it doesn´t matter if you restore a backup, install a custom 4.3 rom from recovery or flash 4.3 stock with odin.
it won´t work !

Zacca90

Jan 10, 2014
Good morning! Sorry if my english is not perfect ...

I have the Note 3 with 4.3 firmware ITV and I tried to install the Cyanogenmod 11, but at the time of the flash tells me that my device is not htlexx but htle! What should I do?!

thank you very much to those who answer

Djembebi

Dec 1, 2010

I have the Note 3 with 4.3 firmware ITV and I tried to install the Cyanogenmod 11, but at the time of the flash tells me that my device is not htlexx but htle! What should I do?!

Good afternoon to you. :)
If you had read this entire topic you would have found the answer to your question. Especially this answer: post 15

Reactions: A.N.Droid

brett91364

Jan 29, 2011
N9009 help?

If you had read this entire topic you would have found the answer to your question. Especially this answer: post 15

Hi - I DID read everything, not sure I understand. I have the N9009. It's dual sim so a little different but I was hoping the Verizon version firmware would work (if not have dual sim capability)?

PattyDelunda

Mar 15, 2016
They are both different ways to say the same thing. Some places the n9005 is referred to as hlte and some places it's hltexx. Now as for why the roms don't flash and give that error, i am not sure. Ppl have been reporting that on ALL roms but i haven't had any issues, the roms seem to flash fine for me. But others have to edit the updater script, also some reported that flashing via cwm worked for them without editing the updater script and others said switching to twrp helped them... This is the weirdest android phone I have owned.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
What is the codename for SM-N9007 Optus?

Juleast

They are both different ways to say the same thing. Some places the n9005 is referred to as hlte and some places it's hltexx. Now as for why the roms don't flash and give that error, i am not sure. Ppl have been reporting that on ALL roms but i haven't had any issues, the roms seem to flash fine for me. But others have to edit the updater script, also some reported that flashing via cwm worked for them without editing the updater script and others said switching to twrp helped them... This is the weirdest android phone I have owned.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
How do u flash TWRP on the hltexx model?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My note 3 is from Vodafone Australia. the model number is SM-N9005. I always assumed it was one of the "International" one. Then i tried flashing the official cyanogen mod nightly for "International" which was called HLTEXX when i tried it it said your phone is an HLTE and not and HLTEXX.

What's the difference? Are there 2 kinds of international?

hltexx is product name, hlte is device name :)

hlte refers to many models, including N9002, N9005, N9006, N9008, N9009
    while hltexx is N9005

you can use my app Phone INFO to get more information.
    So afterall it was hltexx but Cyanogen says it's only hlte.. strange. I'm going to try and do full wipe then flash cyanogen.
    if it still doesnt work you could do this:

open the cm nightly archive (i use winrar), navigate to \META-INF\com\google\ and extract the file updater-script.
    open in a text editor of your choice.
    remove the first line and save the edited file. (you dont need to know a thing about programming to realize that this is the device check)
    drag and drop the edited file into that folder in the archive and overwrite the old file.
    flash. enjoy !

no.
    once you have the new bootloader you cant go back.
    it doesn´t matter if you restore a backup, install a custom 4.3 rom from recovery or flash 4.3 stock with odin.
    it won´t work !
    Could you send me your updater script file with the deleted line? When i opened it in notepad they were not in lines and it just goes on and on so I deleted some stuff concerning the checks and it looks like this.

|| abort("This package is for \"hltexx\" devices; this is a \"" + getprop("r ...

I get an error status code: 6
    but it does not check for the phone model anymore.

great that it works for you now !

please do not use the attached file anymore, its outdated !