Getting Google "CLOUD" Music Sync working on the Fascinate (Froyo, not tested on 2.1)

Search This thread

DiGi91

Mar 28, 2010
Boston
Getting Google "CLOUD" Music Sync working on the Fascinate (Froyo, not tested on 2.1)

Figured out how to get google music sync working on the fascinate and decided to share it with everyone!

Tested and working on DarkREVENGE v1 (and I assume v2) and Super Clean 2.8 however I suspect this will work on many roms and devices! doubt this will work on any 2.1 devices seeing as the APK is 2.2+ sorry for those of you running 2.1..
Now tested on MiUi Fascinate 1.2.25 and confirmed working!!

IMPORTANT: Your music must be set up like this sd/media/music if it is not located there it will not be uploaded to the cloud!

Known issue(s) You cannot manage your "cloud" just yet there is no web interface yet and i'm assuming this is still in the "testing" phase.

Now lets get to the fun! ;)

Install this apk (adb push or install as a normal APK) make sure that Music.apk is deleted already if not go ahead and do that right now.

http://db.tt/tXHSuYH

Alternative Mirror

http://www.multiupload.com/PAYDTSPCYQ

You should see "Music & "Jumpertest" after installing.

zEZ8t.png

go to account settings and to your google account you should now see "Sync Music" PRESS IT! and let it sync.

Pi5qV.png

When that is done go into your app drawer and open up "Jumpertest" click on the "Controls" tab

Don't forget to click the "Accounts" tab and check off your gmail account it should ask for permissions (you will see an upside-down triangle with a !) in the status bar.

6n23n.png

Next click on "Start Peer" it should work IF you do get an FC try reinstalling the apk or maybe rebooting IF you get a "authtoken error" go back into account settings and click on "Sync Music" again and try again!

L5SmX.png

(if all went well you should see "Peer started")

Next go ahead and click on "Import Local Media"

ZZRMs.png

(once again if all went well you should see "Import complete")

Now that is all setup and time to access your music on the "CLOUD"

Go ahead and open up the Music app

G3L4N.png

Press the "Menu" softkey on your Fascinate to bring up the menu popup and select "Library Options" and after that select "Streaming Only"

CT7GP.png

(If you are not a complete newb or illiterate) you should now see your music that is on the cloud! Yay for clouds :D

sdr7J.png

If it did not work this means you are likely incapable of following directions that a five year old probably could and you should not have a rooted device! :rolleyes:

However if it does not work and you are 9000% sure you did everything correct please list what rom you are on and method of installing the apk.

Hope you all enjoy and give me thanks if you found this helpful :D

If you can't take the harsh sarcasm (not really) in this post then please get off XDA and do not attack me on this thread.. do you guys not have anything better to do? if you have nothing good to say don't say anything at all! :rolleyes: Thanks.

~DiGi

Last edited:

thefunkbot

Oct 9, 2010
Birmingham
What are the perks to doing this and how long does it normally take to sync the music? I would think that would take a really long time....

DiGi91

Mar 28, 2010
Boston
What are the perks to doing this and how long does it normally take to sync the music? I would think that would take a really long time....

Was pretty fast for me and the perks are being able to access your music from the cloud and bigger storage space than an SD card if you don't mind moving your music collection in "waves" to your SD card as I said this is not final but it's working and working well until we get something more "official" :cool:

bwheelies

Dec 6, 2010
Not only are you a douche in IRC but the attitude flows into the forums as well...

Try getting rid of the juvenile attitude.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

hijackerjack

Jan 8, 2010
How do I get my music in the actual cloud?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sorosy

Nov 30, 2010
Portsmouth, Ohio
uh, Digi isn't a douche...sorry, he is a pretty good kid and he's been doing a great job with stuff that he has been learning/doing. If you can't respect that, then don't even post under here. It's pretty simple. Also, I see nowhere that he has given any attitude..sucks for you bwheelies

hijackerjack

Jan 8, 2010
Thanks. Didn't realize my folder was out of place. Is there any way to get music from my computer onto the cloud as well?

lucas.scott

Mar 10, 2009
Nashville, TN
Not only are you a douche in IRC but the attitude flows into the forums as well...

really?? DiGi is one of my favorite guys in IRC . Hes always down for anything .

Thanks for this man . About to give this a whirl once i get this damn DarkEdge rom booting haha .

Mr.Obvious

Aug 27, 2010
Mesa, AZ

Hey "bro" why don't you lay off your high horse. DiGi is learning and progressing, not seeing anything come from you, but yet you want to sit here and say he has an attitude??

1. If you felt the need to look at this post (not being a mod) then this interest you, so shut it and if you dont like it, then move along.

2. IRC is a place for chat and learning hint the abbreviation "Internet Relay Chat". It doesn't say "yes were going to be nice to you and hold you hand", once again get off your high horse.

3. Quit being a **** on the forums, yeah you're cool. How about this, quit dishing hate on others work, unless you take time out to work on something your self, and then have tons of questions asked to you, and see how frustrating it becomes. I highly doubt he was being a "****" or "juvenile" about anything, it's just the way you seemed to take it. ;)

micdawg12

Jul 10, 2010
At this time, there is not a way to get it from your desktop to the cloud. Seeing as how you are not even supposed to do this yet..... that feature has not been implemented :p lol

BTW, anyone calling digi bad names is a complete douche, I <3 digi, he has never acted like an ass or anything that I have EVER seen..

Oh, and thank you Digi :)

Holliday

Dec 6, 2010
Thanks. Didn't realize my folder was out of place. Is there any way to get music from my computer onto the cloud as well?

You would have to plug your phone into your PC, transfer the music to the proper folder you have setup for this app and then synch. All music in that folder will be uploaded to Google's servers so you can access it at anytime from the APP.

DiGi91

Mar 28, 2010
Boston
i'm on the stock/deodexed EB01 that doesn't have music.apk, but samsung's musicplayer.apk am i okay to install this and follow the OP's steps because from looking around on other threads the apk is the stock music player from 3.0 honeycomb

Should be fine to install I got this installed along MusicPlayer.apk from the i9000 just try it out if you are going to mess with any apk's make backups in case anything goes wrong

Should be fine to install I got this installed along MusicPlayer.apk from the i9000 just try it out if you are going to mess with any apk's make backups in case anything goes wrong

cool, thanks. i don't think i need to do anything to apk's so i'll just install and see what happens. will report back with results when i get out of class

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Figured out how to get google music sync working on the fascinate and decided to share it with everyone!

Tested and working on DarkREVENGE v1 (and I assume v2) and Super Clean 2.8 however I suspect this will work on many roms and devices! doubt this will work on any 2.1 devices seeing as the APK is 2.2+ sorry for those of you running 2.1..
    Now tested on MiUi Fascinate 1.2.25 and confirmed working!!

IMPORTANT: Your music must be set up like this sd/media/music if it is not located there it will not be uploaded to the cloud!

Known issue(s) You cannot manage your "cloud" just yet there is no web interface yet and i'm assuming this is still in the "testing" phase.

Now lets get to the fun! ;)

Install this apk (adb push or install as a normal APK) make sure that Music.apk is deleted already if not go ahead and do that right now.

http://db.tt/tXHSuYH

Alternative Mirror

http://www.multiupload.com/PAYDTSPCYQ

You should see "Music & "Jumpertest" after installing.

zEZ8t.png

go to account settings and to your google account you should now see "Sync Music" PRESS IT! and let it sync.

Pi5qV.png

When that is done go into your app drawer and open up "Jumpertest" click on the "Controls" tab

Don't forget to click the "Accounts" tab and check off your gmail account it should ask for permissions (you will see an upside-down triangle with a !) in the status bar.

6n23n.png

Next click on "Start Peer" it should work IF you do get an FC try reinstalling the apk or maybe rebooting IF you get a "authtoken error" go back into account settings and click on "Sync Music" again and try again!

L5SmX.png

(if all went well you should see "Peer started")

Next go ahead and click on "Import Local Media"

ZZRMs.png

(once again if all went well you should see "Import complete")

Now that is all setup and time to access your music on the "CLOUD"

Go ahead and open up the Music app

G3L4N.png

Press the "Menu" softkey on your Fascinate to bring up the menu popup and select "Library Options" and after that select "Streaming Only"

CT7GP.png

(If you are not a complete newb or illiterate) you should now see your music that is on the cloud! Yay for clouds :D

sdr7J.png

If it did not work this means you are likely incapable of following directions that a five year old probably could and you should not have a rooted device! :rolleyes:

However if it does not work and you are 9000% sure you did everything correct please list what rom you are on and method of installing the apk.

Hope you all enjoy and give me thanks if you found this helpful :D

If you can't take the harsh sarcasm (not really) in this post then please get off XDA and do not attack me on this thread.. do you guys not have anything better to do? if you have nothing good to say don't say anything at all! :rolleyes: Thanks.

~DiGi
    uh, Digi isn't a douche...sorry, he is a pretty good kid and he's been doing a great job with stuff that he has been learning/doing. If you can't respect that, then don't even post under here. It's pretty simple. Also, I see nowhere that he has given any attitude..sucks for you bwheelies
    Everything's looking good, keep up the work dude.
    Many THANKS ---> All Caps :D
    i'm on the stock/deodexed EB01 that doesn't have music.apk, but samsung's musicplayer.apk am i okay to install this and follow the OP's steps because from looking around on other threads the apk is the stock music player from 3.0 honeycomb

This is looking awesome... I'm sick of having to resync all of my music every time I want new songs from my 100 GB collection. It looks like its working so far, so we'll how this work over the next few days.

Btw, just out of curiosity, what launcher/ROM is that? The app drawer looks sick.

Xperia ARC launcher if you go the DarkREVENGE rom thread the 3rd post down you will see it I posted it there.

edit: Linky

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=11842407&postcount=3