[Q] No SD card on Samsung GT-P7500 how to root / ENABLE VOICE CALLS ??

Search This thread

gaurish

Feb 23, 2013
Ok guys i am not asking about rooting GT-P7500 on tab 10.1 i know it can be done by installing CRM. MY ISSSUE IS M TAB DONT HAVE SD CARD, SO EACH TIME I GO TO INSTALL FROM EXTERNAL CARD IT SHOWS NOTHING .. iS THERE ANYWAY I CAN ROUTE ???? I WANT TO BADLY ENABLE VOICE CALLS OTHERWISE MY SIM IS OF NO USE ... PLEASE HELP

John Kester

Dec 26, 2012
Port Harcourt
First, you cannot activate voice calls on the device without rooting it first. In addition you have to be on ICS stock or custom as a minimum. On ICS you will install a modem and them the zip for enabling calls. If you need JB CM 10.1, the only rom with full working voice call is Khomsn's rom. You will find it somewhere on XDA. With any other CM10 or 10.1, you will be able to make calls, but cannot hang up unless the person called hangs up, otherwise you will have to reboot. In addition, you will not be able to receive calls. On stock ICS which I use, everything is working normal just as Khomsn's 10.1.

As for the sdcard referred to is actually the internal sdcard. No external sdcard on the device. So the option you should take is "Install zip from sdcard". The sdcard is actually partitioned to give the device both the read only memory used for system files and apks as well as the memory that is accessible to you where you store your personal data etc.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using xda app-developers app

zohaibattari

Jan 8, 2013
Plz share link for Khomsn rom. I search on XDA but didn't find?

gaurish

Feb 23, 2013
First, you cannot activate voice calls on the device without rooting it first. In addition you have to be on ICS stock or custom as a minimum. On ICS you will install a modem and them the zip for enabling calls. If you need JB CM 10.1, the only rom with full working voice call is Khomsn's rom. You will find it somewhere on XDA. With any other CM10 or 10.1, you will be able to make calls, but cannot hang up unless the person called hangs up, otherwise you will have to reboot. In addition, you will not be able to receive calls. On stock ICS which I use, everything is working normal just as Khomsn's 10.1.

As for the sdcard referred to is actually the internal sdcard. No external sdcard on the device. So the option you should take is "Install zip from sdcard". The sdcard is actually partitioned to give the device both the read only memory used for system files and apks as well as the memory that is accessible to you where you store your personal data etc.

Hope this helps.

hi john,

when i start and put the tab in recovery mode it do ask for install from sd card but i click on it it says (/) no more foler to select. so my question is how to create sd card from internal memory ??? u r talking about rom?? can you detail me what it is and how to go about.. thnks in advance and sorry i am asking in too much but i am desperate to use phone calls on my tab. =) =)

gaurish

Feb 23, 2013

Hope this helps.

hi and also if you have any root files / superuser files / or something related to voice call file which can be used directly thru odin from computer please share . i prefer it is better and easy then going into recovery mode and selecting files =)

thanks john hope you reply soon

John Kester

Dec 26, 2012
Port Harcourt
I have a modem and zip files that will enable full voice calls on stock ICS 4.0.4. However these can only be flashed through recovery after rooting. You cannot use odin otherwise you will brick your device.

Reactions: gaurish

gaurish

Feb 23, 2013
I have a modem and zip files that will enable full voice calls on stock ICS 4.0.4. However these can only be flashed through recovery after rooting. You cannot use odin otherwise you will brick your device.

ok john,

so tell me this zip files in recovery mode .. how i can create partition on my tab to get the file selected through recovery mode.

thnks in advance

John Kester

Dec 26, 2012
Port Harcourt
ok john,

so tell me this zip files in recovery mode .. how i can create partition on my tab to get the file selected through recovery mode.

thnks in advance

You do not need to create any partition. If the device is not already rooted, get it rooted after which you can flash the modem first,. Thereafter you should flash the phone apk.. Lest I forget, these files will work only stock ICS running on P7500 wifi+3G.

For Rooting files and step by by step guide on how to root, visit androidadvices .com or galaxytabhacks.com. Make sure you copy the specific files for your particular device.

Attachments

• CWM_I9103XXLQ3_Modem.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 785
  • Voice_Call_Enable__Stock__ICS_4.0.4_ROM_Build_1.zip
    9.9 MB · Views: 833
Last edited:
Reactions: gaurish

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hope this helps.

You will find the rom in the link below:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=36441305

ok john,

thnks in advance

You do not need to create any partition. If the device is not already rooted, get it rooted after which you can flash the modem first,. Thereafter you should flash the phone apk.. Lest I forget, these files will work only stock ICS running on P7500 wifi+3G.

For Rooting files and step by by step guide on how to root, visit androidadvices .com or galaxytabhacks.com. Make sure you copy the specific files for your particular device.