[Q] 4.2.1 ROM for Galaxy S Duos S7562

Search This thread

ARudari

Apr 10, 2013
Hello everybody , i have a samsung galaxy s duos phone with OS 4.0.4 , and i really want to upgrade it to 4.2.1

We know that there isn't an official upgrade ROM for s7562 , so i have thought what about trying a custom ROM ?

Did anyone tried the Chinese phone(mostly Clones) ROM's

So my question is can we install for example
Code:
needrom.com/mobile/star-n9589-2/
this ROM in galaxy s duos.

Thank You .It was not in my attend to post links as spam only as examples.

Gungamathic

Jan 12, 2013
No you can't

No, you can't install this phone's ROM to galaxy s duos, it has different hardware and doing that will not work, there is only one custom ROM for our phone as much as I know, It is called KyleOpen ROM and it has ICS base.

saifzahid

Jun 28, 2012
there no zip file for any ROM, simply they explain how to install a custom ROM,

Sent from my GT-S7562 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

there is only one successfully working custom ROM I found that is same 4.0.4, I hope developers ll cook some working jelly bean for our device.
check link below if you want a custom ROM for your s7562.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2087177

Reactions: Vasilis#21

krazzykid

Apr 22, 2013
Hello everybody , i have a samsung galaxy s duos phone with OS 4.0.4 , and i really want to upgrade it to 4.2.1

We know that there isn't an official upgrade ROM for s7562 , so i have thought what about trying a custom ROM ?

Code:

There are NO JellyBean ROMs for S Duos yet. Flashing non-compatible ROMs can brick your device.
KyleOpen ROM is the only custom ROM available for your device

Sent from my GT-S7562 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Vasilis#21
A

androvista

Be alert.

I do not own this device but all the links to the rom are not for the rom, but are for gapps 4.2.2. if you flash them you are bound to brick your device.

faraazex

Oct 20, 2013
mumbai
hey just heard about samsung galaxy s duos s7582... which suppors jb 4.2 which is not supported by s7562 and is still having 4.0.4 stock any ideas on how we can port the 4.2 release to s7562 ??

krazzykid

Apr 22, 2013
hyy bro i dont hav rights to post the links my official site is www . allaboutdroids .net

Available RAM looks promising. Are you sure we can flash this without any harm to our device?
If yes, then I'm ready to test it.

EDIT: I see that you have used Cheatman's kernel. Is it OC1 kernel @ 1.2 GHz? If not can I use OC1 kernel without any performance implications?

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

vjbvsh

Jan 12, 2014
4.2.1 rom for s7562

hey just heard about samsung galaxy s duos s7582... which suppors jb 4.2 which is not supported by s7562 and is still having 4.0.4 stock any ideas on how we can port the 4.2 release to s7562 ??

Why dont you try with stock rom of s7582( new S DUOS 2) it has stock rom of jb

Nikhil...007

Oct 6, 2013
Hyderabad
I have heard that s duos is getting jb update and the Chinese one (s7562c) has received jb 4.1.2. Is it true???
Has anyone got the update???

EDIT:Sorry, I got to know that S7562c is galaxy trend duos.

Last edited:

reaperdevO7

Apr 19, 2013
Rudrapur
Take a look

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

there is only one successfully working custom ROM I found that is same 4.0.4, I hope developers ll cook some working jelly bean for our device.

Reactions: David Rice

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All Jelly Bean Links are FAKE!

Code:

Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM for Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562

I have found a link which is giving instructions to install Jelly Bean 4.2.2 in galaxy s duos....check it out: http://www.androidnectar.com/how-to-install-android-4-2-2-jelly-bean-on-samsung-galaxy-s-duos-s7562/

Please respond whether its a working mod or not.

Code:

There are NO JellyBean ROMs for S Duos yet. Flashing non-compatible ROMs can brick your device.
    KyleOpen ROM is the only custom ROM available for your device

Sent from my GT-S7562 using xda app-developers app