[Q] Booting problem

Search This thread

emzgames

Mar 22, 2014
hi. I encountered a problem on my phone that doesn't boot properly.

When i tried to switch on my phone it showed at first the welcome msg "Samsung S4 mini gt-i9192" then after that, a pitch black screen, could not properly boot. But i learn that it does not turns off after the screen turns all black, i have to press the power button first to turn off the phone.

This problem started when i installed an app with some compatibility problems.

I wanted to root my phone hoping that can solve the problem, but then again a problem occurred when i tried to connect my phone to my laptop. It fails to install MTP usb device to my computer. I tried connecting it again provided that samsung kies was installed but again failed to connect my phone. Therefore i cant root my phone because i cant copy the files needed to root to my phone sd card.

I tried reinstalling kies, installing mtp drivers but nothing happened. I tried also restoring the previous boot image, restoring factory settings using recovery mode. But then problem still exist.

And fyi my phone can't mount any external sd card using recovery mode. And i think it was not in a debugging mode.

Phone: samsung s4 mini gt-i9192
firmware: i dont know

So basically, the problem is:

my phone wont boot,
i cant connect it to my pc
and i cant root it.

How should i root or even flash my phone when i cant connect to my computer? Do you have any idea on how to solve this problem? Any solutions or suggestions would be much appreciated. tnx.

Last edited:

dovakinn

Mar 13, 2014
champagneerantja

Have you tried putting the phone in download mode (Volume Down + Home + Power) and then connecting it your p,c , if not give this a shot it should pick up the drivers , once done , take out the usb cable hold the power the button to shut down and boot up .

since you have not mentioned your OS am assuming it is windows , try taking out Kies via some software like revo uninstaller which will remove all directories plus all registry entires then reinstall it if you really need it.

Last edited:

emzgames

Mar 22, 2014
Have you tried putting the phone in download mode (Volume Down + Home + Power) and then connecting it your p,c , if not give this a shot it should pick up the drivers , once done , take out the usb cable hold the power the button to shut down and boot up .

since you have not mentioned your OS am assuming it is windows , try taking out Kies via some software like revo uninstaller which will remove all directories plus all registry entires then reinstall it if you really need it.

tried both yet still unable to connect.

dovakinn

Mar 13, 2014
im afraid i cant do this coz i cant boot my phone properly, up to welcome msg only then screen black out, but not power off.

ohhh best take your cell to your nearest service center then . if you can't flash anything and usb is not getting detected i don't see any other option , maybe someone more experienced here can help.

emzgames

Mar 22, 2014
ohhh best take your cell to your nearest service center then . if you can't flash anything and usb is not getting detected i don't see any other option , maybe someone more experienced here can help.

yah, thats what im thinking. i just brought this here hoping to solve this problem without going to a shop. thanks anyway.

zaidrpm

Dec 7, 2013
aac. To me put your phone in download mode then use moborobo(a windows software) . Just open it and it will install the driver. If it dies not work then use adb installer . Remember you should have only any one of the software at one tim means either moborobo or kies or adb installer

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda app-developers app

dovakinn

Mar 13, 2014
btw have you tried to boot the phone in safe mode ?? if it boots in safe mode it is still fixable without going to service center. power down , power up+ tap the menu button 3 or 4 times at THE same time to boot into safe mode if it boots into safe mode that means the hardware and OS is fine if it does not well then your out of luck. :(

Last edited:

emzgames

Mar 22, 2014
btw have you tried to boot the phone in safe mode ?? if it boots in safe mode it is still fixable without going to service center. power down , power up+ tap the menu button 3 or 4 times at THE same time to boot into safe mode if it boots into safe mode that means the hardware and OS is fine if it does not well then your out of luck. :(

tnx man, but no luck..