Incredible 2 Custom Recovery Installer

attachment.php

Download removed until bugs fixed.
Requirements
Operating System: Windows XP with .NET 2.0, Windows Vista, Windows 7
MUST RUN AS ADMIN TO INSTALL DRIVERS!

Changelog
v12.02.23.2
1. Fixed deadlock when app starts without ADB server already running, added start-up status window.
2. Automatically scan for devices after installing drivers.
v12.02.23
Initial Release

Summary
This tool allows you to try out different recoveries very easily. I was frustrated with the different methods for downloading and installing different recoveries and didn't like that there wasn't really a central place to find them so I wrote this tool to use ADB and Fastboot to very quickly switch between them. This tool is very far from done and more features and probably a complete overhaul are at some point in the near future.

Bugs
1. Cannot select between different devices although it appears to allow you to do so. It might flash to a different phone if you have more than one hooked up in fastboot mode.
2. Doesn't actually check to see if the phone is an Inc 2.
3. Sometimes the recoveries get unlocked even though the phone isn't in fastboot mode, if you click one of them fastboot.exe will wait on the phone forever and freeze the program.

Upcoming Improvements
1. Much improved download size.
2. Ability to try recoveries before flashing them.
3. Threaded device state monitoring - gets rid of prompts and keeps the app from freezing.
4. Ability to select between multiple devices.
5. Eventually a better GUI.
6. More consistency throughout the program.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 1,659
Last edited:

werdna87

Apr 9, 2011
Mass
im gonna try this now, thanks

EDIT: not working on Win7 x64. the program wont run. It just goes not responding as soon as i start it both as admin and normal

Last edited:

Grouper

Oct 11, 2009
Update v12.02.23.2
Changelog in first post.

Fixed.

Thanks for pointing out the bug. It was the middle of the night and I was tired, didn't think to try to start the app without ADB already running. Should be fixed now in the first post.

Last edited:

FC127

Nov 16, 2010
Cortland, NY
OP,

Are we supposed to manually install the drivers? If so, the x64 drivers will not install, even when run as administrator.

I am also getting the same result with the new files. I even tried killing and starting adb to no avail.

Grouper

Oct 11, 2009
still not working for me :eek: same problem

Start ADB before running the program and let me know if that works. I did find the problem you were having and solved it on my end. Do you see a window that says "Starting ADB . . ." when you run the program? If not, make sure you're running the current version.

OP,

Are we supposed to manually install the drivers? If so, the x64 drivers will not install, even when run as administrator.

I am also getting the same result with the new files. I even tried killing and starting adb to no avail.

Make sure your phone is plugged in before installing the drivers. You might need to uninstall other drivers first or you might not need to install the drivers at all. Does it find your phone if you just skip the driver installation?

Last edited:

FC127

Nov 16, 2010
Cortland, NY
Still no go on two different computers both Win7 x64... If I try to install the drivers separately it says that the drivers cannot be installed.

Edit: Upon further investigation, I tried to manually install again by directing the device manager to the EXACT file and this is what I get.

mjpo1FFfq
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Grouper

Oct 11, 2009
You shouldn't have to install the drivers just to get the program to open. Can you describe exactly what's happening?

FC127

Nov 16, 2010
Cortland, NY
You shouldn't have to install the drivers just to get the program to open. Can you describe exactly what's happening?

Yeah, I know... When I try to open your exe file it immediately says the program is not responding. I have tried to execute as administrator and run in compatibility mode.

mjpo1FFfq
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Grouper

Oct 11, 2009
Alright, removed the download link. Guess I'll have to setup a VM to figure this out. It works for me with the included drivers OR the "My HTC" drivers and I'm not having any issues with the app freezing so it must be something about this setup.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Incredible 2 Custom Recovery Installer

attachment.php

Download removed until bugs fixed.
    Requirements
    Operating System: Windows XP with .NET 2.0, Windows Vista, Windows 7
    MUST RUN AS ADMIN TO INSTALL DRIVERS!

Changelog
    v12.02.23.2
    1. Fixed deadlock when app starts without ADB server already running, added start-up status window.
    2. Automatically scan for devices after installing drivers.
    v12.02.23
    Initial Release

Summary
    This tool allows you to try out different recoveries very easily. I was frustrated with the different methods for downloading and installing different recoveries and didn't like that there wasn't really a central place to find them so I wrote this tool to use ADB and Fastboot to very quickly switch between them. This tool is very far from done and more features and probably a complete overhaul are at some point in the near future.

Bugs
    1. Cannot select between different devices although it appears to allow you to do so. It might flash to a different phone if you have more than one hooked up in fastboot mode.
    2. Doesn't actually check to see if the phone is an Inc 2.
    3. Sometimes the recoveries get unlocked even though the phone isn't in fastboot mode, if you click one of them fastboot.exe will wait on the phone forever and freeze the program.

Upcoming Improvements
    1. Much improved download size.
    2. Ability to try recoveries before flashing them.
    3. Threaded device state monitoring - gets rid of prompts and keeps the app from freezing.
    4. Ability to select between multiple devices.
    5. Eventually a better GUI.
    6. More consistency throughout the program.