[ROM][4.2.2] ToZlate Light (HP Slate 7 Plus 4200xx)

Search This thread
One step ahead of you- I've got one done, I just need to sign it then I'll get you the link.

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Any word on progress? I'm not trying to sound impatient or ungrateful but I have worked with developers before and I know that the signing process does not take that long.

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using XDA Premium HD app

jerbear294

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 9, 2013
Google Pixel 4a
Any word on progress? I'm not trying to sound impatient or ungrateful but I have worked with developers before and I know that the signing process does not take that long.

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using XDA Premium HD app

I'm having a few issues at the moment- one being I can't get the zip signing tool to work. :(

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: Omegapsy

Roulitsas

Jul 26, 2007
Hello there to all of you!

Did anyone managed to get the rom working for the 28xx series Tablets guys?

Thx!

RamHa

Help, help, help, and sorry!
But help....
Can U make it for HP Slate 7, 6100en? Or can U help me to restore my tab? Evry time says two things: or update can not be accompleshed due to newer version of rom inside or error updating zip(cant remember exact one) , but the point is: no real update.zip for that model, no way to flash rom from recovery(couse im stuck there, can not boot to system, just android boy on his back, and yes, im did factory reset from recovery dousent of times...) So, help, pls???

RamHa

Which tread is best to put those quest about hp slate 7 6100en and to get real and practical solution??

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

@zarto man, @jerbear294 U also, can U help to find out what is going one with HP Slate 7 VoiceTab 6100en???? Update.zip can not update, it is soft bricked! yes, i have update.zip from HP, newer ones, but it says that can not update over newer version of rom???? i did change in meta data, in binary script and build prop all dates to almost this date(much newer than i guess wrong stock rec says march 2015) bu than it says whole signature is wrong! What to do, and how, anybody knows, anybody can help, couse i dont have 59euros for Slate of 80eurs to fix it in shop or to send in Austria where it been shoped.... No help from corrupted HP company!

Last edited:

Javier_A

May 4, 2016
Hello, i have the slate 7 Plus 4200 bricked, boot just in stock recovery, someone have cwm or twrp or the factory imagen? I cant found it, i search n many sites. Please help me plz

DeMoN_SoRrOwS

Feb 5, 2014
Well is the 4200la. Thanks for help

Sorry :( Haven't found anything. The most I can tell you to try with it is to search online for tutorials on things like "flashing custom recovery with adb and fastboot" which requires a computer, cable to connect tablet to computer, and some programs.

I'd do more, but I need to head off away from the computer for now.
When I get more time later, I'll take another look around online and see if I can find something.

But to be honest, Slate 7 plus 4200 is a decent tablet, but battery drains too quickly and it's not very great considered how much it cost. If you want a better tablet for your money that can be found for pretty cheap, look online for the Asus Memo Pad HD 7 (me173x), which is what I switched to using.
On sites like Amazon and similar, you can find them for somewhat cheap, HP Slate 7 plus is the budget model for HP, ASUS Memo Pad HD 7 is the budget model for ASUS. If it's refurbished, it'll be cheaper as well. Taken care of, the Memo Pad can be used to 8+ hours if you're not gaming with graphics heavy games.

But anywho, I will look into some more later. Otherwise, hope you sort it out with adb and fastboot :) Peace.

Reactions: Javier_A

_XblackshadowX_

Mar 21, 2014
Taguig City
Guys help me!!! My hp slate 7 4200ca tablet is stuck at boot animation after I flash cwm!!! I can boot to cwm and boot loader but not in the os
Error on cwm log: cant mount /dev/mount/platform/sdhci-tegra.0/by-num: no such file or directory
skipping use of extendedcommand: no file found

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

ToZlate Light
    HP Slate 7 Plus (4200xx)​

DISCLAIMER ( stolen from @patel_s from this post http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2633214 ) :
    Your warranty is now void.
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

INFORMATIONS

This is the original HP Slate 7 Plus ROM (4.2.2 Android version) made clean.
    Google Play is still here so you can install your favorite apps.
    The stock ROM is about 400 Mo, ToZlate is under 200 Mo !

Your device needs to be rooted : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCpjNjrSLTw#t=0
    CWM Recovery needs to be flashed (you can use Flashify from Play Store) : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48526238&postcount=3

REMOVED :
    - Google Calendar
    - Chrome
    - Clock (so you can install Timely if you want to)
    - News & Meteo
    - Gmail
    - Google Maps
    - Google Text 2 Speech
    - Original Launcher
    - Live Wallpapers
    - Google Magazines
    - Google Music
    - TegraZone
    - Google Plus
    - Google StreetView
    - Google Talk
    - Google Search
    - Google Video Editor
    - YouTube
    - KingSoft Office
    - HP ePrint
    - File Manager
    - Lot of useless files (there were some movie files in the stock rom !)

ADDED :
    - Root (SuperSU)
    - ES Explorer
    - New Boot animation
    - Apex Launcher

DOWNLOAD

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=961840155545583027

THANKS

Thanks go to @jerbear294 , @rjwil1086 and @TommeleTBone for bringing us CWM Recovery for HP Slate 7 Plus :)

rom is ok, but gentlemen, the moded kernel is the next level !

Sent from my HP Slate 7 Plus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

ROM installs perfect, btw.

:D
    Since this ROM works fine I won't be supporting JBSPR as much (Besides, ToZlate sounds cooler :D). If @zarto agrees though he can put the ROM up on GitHub and we can both add features.
    I'll be linking ToZlate Light in my JBSPR thread when time permits.
    @zarto, I can send you my boot animation as a .psd if you'd like.
    :D
    If @zarto agrees though he can put the ROM up on GitHub and we can both add features.
    @zarto, I can send you my boot animation as a .psd if you'd like.

I have yet to learn how GitHub works but I'm okay :)
    I worked so hard for my bootanimation I really would like to keep it :D
    rom is ok, but gentlemen, the moded kernel is the next level !

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

ROM installs perfect, btw.

no prob, are ya still going for the kernel development?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Yep. Overclocking is a must.
    Me and @zarto are working on extracting the blobs from the Slate right now. CM will be here soon :)