Best setup to be ready for kit kat 4.4 on i545

Search This thread

mshawn3

Dec 30, 2011
I'm running an i545 S4, rooted, hotspot tether, 4.3, MJ7. I ultimately want to be running MK2 4.4 kit kat, rooted, with wifi hotspot. What if anything can I do at this time to get my phone best setup to be ready to take advantage of new releases and who would be the most likely builders. I been read about some stuff cyanogenmod is doing and I like the Toro eclipse rom stuff (inverted) as well. Should I focus on trying to get MK2 build first?
Thanks for your help in advance cuz you guys always come thru!
Michael S.

ahoslc

Mar 30, 2010
salt lake city
I'm running an i545 S4, rooted, hotspot tether, 4.3, MJ7. I ultimately want to be running MK2 4.4 kit kat, rooted, with wifi hotspot. What if anything can I do at this time to get my phone best setup to be ready to take advantage of new releases and who would be the most likely builders. I been read about some stuff cyanogenmod is doing and I like the Toro eclipse rom stuff (inverted) as well. Should I focus on trying to get MK2 build first?
Michael S.

There is really no telling man at this point. A lot of people are already running CM 4.4 Kitkat but for that you must be on MDK. Your best bet would be for Samsung to release a 4.4 TW build at some point and wait for someone to post build.

mshawn3

Dec 30, 2011
There is really no telling man at this point. A lot of people are already running CM 4.4 Kitkat but for that you must be on MDK. Your best bet would be for Samsung to release a 4.4 TW build at some point and wait for someone to post build.
What's MDK bro? Is that an older version thats easier to hack

Last edited:

mateopase

Jan 1, 2011

Yeah, to add to what the other poster said, it's the first version that the S4 came out with, and it was easy to hack by using something called Loki, which bypasses the bootloader and lets you change your kernel and run AOSP ROMs.

Reactions: mshawn3

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
Questions and Help issues go in Q&A and Help section
Development sections are for developers to post work
Thread moved
Thanks
FNSM

Reactions: mshawn3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Michael S.

Is it the first version S4 shipped with and at this point there is no way to downgrade to it.
    This should be in Q&A

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yeah, to add to what the other poster said, it's the first version that the S4 came out with, and it was easy to hack by using something called Loki, which bypasses the bootloader and lets you change your kernel and run AOSP ROMs.

MK2 isn't 4.4....

safestrap enabled, Hyperdrive driven