[Q] Black screen, Flashing light, recognized in flashtool

Search This thread

kenshin133

Jan 18, 2014
Hello Friends, I have made a mistake.

I have rooted and flashed my droid 2 and droid 4 phones perhaps 100 times but when it came to my XZ it was not as happy sailing.

I started in a tutorial from unlocker on the method of rooting and installing recovery in a XZ without unlocking the bootloader.
theunlockr.com/2013/07/23/how-to-root-the-sony-xperia-z-without-unlocking-the-bootloader-video/
but because I could not find my firmware specified with doomLord I chose kingo for my root, rebooted and everything was happy. I followed the rest of the tutorial to a 't' from the DRM keys to the recovery. Rebooted and everything was good.

This is where I should of spent time unlocking my bootloader

I downloaded pacrom and installed it through TWRP after clearing cash, system, and dalvik I think.
I also installed Gapps

When I tried to reboot it was all I could get was a flashing red light where the text indicator would normally be. My screen does not alter, if I hold down power it will vibrate every 4seconds, if I hold power up and power it will vibrate three times but nothing happens after.

I am able to get into fastboot mode, and the mode that works with emma(i am drawing a blank right now) using the volume rocker and plugging the usb in while holding them. Both apps (emma, and flashtool) recognize there modes.

Simply plugging the phone in will cause it to be seen by the computer but it will just connect and disconnect every minute or so.

In flashboot if I try to Hotboot it will give me a message about the command not being aloud remote.

I feel like if I can get all this to recognize there should be a way to get it back. Does anyone have an idea as to a way to unlock the bootloader or return it to stock using the limited function I have?

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
Get a stock rom from the general section and use Flashtool (not emma) to flash it to your phone. That is the solution to 90% of the problems people come here to ask about. :D
www.flashtool.net

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: kenshin133

kenshin133

Jan 18, 2014
Get a stock rom from the general section and use Flashtool (not emma) to flash it to your phone. That is the solution to 90% of the problems people come here to ask about. :D

Makes sense to me, on my way now. I remember an error happening during flashing something but for the life of me cant remember, we will see what happens.

vkumar121

Aug 28, 2014
sony xperia black screen

sony xperia e dual c1605 is not flashing but can be in flashing and fastboot mode screen is black
i have tried flashing with flashtool and i have got errors i have also tried sony update service, pc companion and emma shows no services for the phone.
can anyone help or any suggestion :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    www.flashtool.net