SElinux, changeable or not?

Search This thread

m.a.s.e

Oct 3, 2011
Frisco, Texas
Hi Guys,
i have performed a search per the rules but could not find a direct answer to my question.
Can we change the SElinux from Enforced to permissive on our phones?

i tried via terminal, or using tasker to automate it but could never get it to change.
it is from my understanding that this is due to KNOX but the current ROM i am having is KNOXRAID (Before the donation fiasco) so KNOX is not installed in the ROM.

i understood that since our bootloader is locked we cannot put a custom kernel where we have a different SElinux version.
but iu understood that while on JB u can change it with the commands:
su
setenforce 0

Is it no longer the case with KK?
is there any way to have out Note 3 SM-N900A on version 4.4.2 with SElinux set to permissive?

hotbyz168

Nov 21, 2007
Hi Guys,
i have performed a search per the rules but could not find a direct answer to my question.
Can we change the SElinux from Enforced to permissive on our phones?

i tried via terminal, or using tasker to automate it but could never get it to change.
it is from my understanding that this is due to KNOX but the current ROM i am having is KNOXRAID (Before the donation fiasco) so KNOX is not installed in the ROM.

i understood that since our bootloader is locked we cannot put a custom kernel where we have a different SElinux version.
but iu understood that while on JB u can change it with the commands:
su
setenforce 0

Is it no longer the case with KK?
is there any way to have out Note 3 SM-N900A on version 4.4.2 with SElinux set to permissive?

Not on the at&t version unfortunately.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app