Whatsapp

Search This thread

jonezy8873

Dec 9, 2011
Tamworth
Google Pixel 5
Hi folks,
I have try to install lots of versions of whatsapp for my wifes nokia xl but non work. I had one that worked but then it said it not supported any more and stoped working.
Which version works???
I have used whatsapp pluss and thats a no go too. I will download it by 4shared.
Please help.
Thanks.
Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app

mdfzhi

Jun 15, 2011
lastest official whatsapp from playstore works just fine. it just showed device not supported when u open it directly, but if u create a shortcut or widget of any whatsapp contact or group on homescreen then u can open and use it from there. or open it from fastlane history.

shantanu223

Aug 1, 2013
Whatsapp not working ( Probable resolution)

lastest official whatsapp from playstore works just fine. it just showed device not supported when u open it directly, but if u create a shortcut or widget of any whatsapp contact or group on homescreen then u can open and use it from there. or open it from fastlane history.

there seems to be some issue with build.prop for which the official updated whatsapp and fb app does not work.

I found that Baidu cloud rom beta 49, both whatsapp and fb works out of the box, no mod required.

however, stock rom and all other custom rom does not support the official apps.

the problem seems to be within the given part of build.prop file
HTML:
# begin build properties
# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
# end build properties

If we replace this whole part with a build.probp of a rom which already supports ( Eg: Baidu Beta 49 build.prop) whatsapp and fb...it seems to be working.

Hit thanks if I helped you

Last edited:

dev27

Jun 12, 2014
Ooty
Problems with Whatsapp - Possible solutions

Hi folks,
I have try to install lots of versions of whatsapp for my wifes nokia xl but non work. I had one that worked but then it said it not supported any more and stoped working.
Which version works???
I have used whatsapp pluss and thats a no go too. I will download it by 4shared.
Please help.
Thanks.

Updated versions of Whatsapp show an error message when opened directly. But Whatsapp is still accessible in Nokia X range devices. You may use any of these possible solutions.
1. You may open Whatsapp by accessing fastlane history like mdfzhi directed. This will open the conversations directly.
2. Whatsapp+ works just fine if you follow the below steps.
-> Install Whatsapp
-> Open it through fastlane history and send some whatsapp messages to friends
-> And it is better if u make a message backup
-> Uninstall Whatsapp
-> Install Whatsapp+
3. Changing the build.prop file might fix the problem but it might lead to unwanted issues later. Inorder to change the build.prop you would have to root your phone, which voids warranty. If you are willing to take the risk, it is better advised that you install a custom rom rather than trying to just change the build.prop file.

Considering your problem, I would recommend using the 2nd method by installing whatsapp plus. This might solve your problem.

ffroh_manishamb4

Nov 7, 2011
Solved

Hi folks,
Which version works???
Please help.
Thanks.

Solution: u have to try the alternate
just download whatsapp plus 5.80 version from google.
its working.

1st of all u have to install whatsapp from 1mobile market or google store or whatever.............
confirm ur phone number, after u continue, it says "device not supported"

now uninstall whatsapp..... after that install the whatsapp plus 5.80 u just downloaded
verify ur phone number and all done

Reactions: nicorottye

nicorottye

Jun 18, 2013
Tangerang
its working.

1st of all u have to install whatsapp from 1mobile market or google store or whatever.............

now uninstall whatsapp..... after that install the whatsapp plus 5.80 u just downloaded

Nice info sir... Thanks :good:

gvvv1947

Jul 6, 2014
open contacts

Hi folks,
Which version works???
Please help.
Thanks.

Just open one of the contacts and click on whatsapp icon. You are good to go. Do it Every time.

black.beard

Jun 4, 2014
its working.

will give a try. thank u.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Solved

Hi folks,
    Which version works???
    Please help.
    Thanks.

its working.

Thank you. And where do I find that "Whatsapp+", sir? Not in the market, for sure. Not under that name, at least...

Here's the link
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/d75ht4odl41b0mc/WhatsAppPLUSv5.88D.apk