how easy does Rezound screen scratch

Search This thread

killahrey

Aug 23, 2009
East Texas
For the time i spent without a screen protector on mine i did not scratch at all. I'd stick it in my jeans with other stuff, and not a scratch. BUT, some how for some reason my brother in law ALWAYS finds a way to scratch his screen, in the first couple of days he had his thunderbolt he got a long 3 1/2" scratch on it. Same thing happend on his rezound, and when he returned the rezound and got a razr he also managed to scratch it within the first week.

If you take care of your devices you should have not problem, I dont think he takes care of his very well because he always seems to scratch his phone, its insane, my 4 year old vouge is still flawless.

Meticode

Feb 17, 2011
For the time i spent without a screen protector on mine i did not scratch at all. I'd stick it in my jeans with other stuff, and not a scratch. BUT, some how for some reason my brother in law ALWAYS finds a way to scratch his screen, in the first couple of days he had his thunderbolt he got a long 3 1/2" scratch on it. Same thing happend on his rezound, and when he returned the rezound and got a razr he also managed to scratch it within the first week.

If you take care of your devices you should have not problem, I dont think he takes care of his very well because he always seems to scratch his phone, its insane, my 4 year old vouge is still flawless.

Maybe his favorite pair of pants has a diamond in the pocket of them. LOL

maniac2k

Jun 28, 2009
Never used a screen protector on mine and dont have any scratches. In and out of jean pocket all the time. Sometimes, by accident, find a pair of plyers in the same pocket. Dropped it many times, with tpu case and still no scratches. Who needs them!

dbutters

May 12, 2007
Dallas, TX
Coming from a Bionic, with the Gorilla Glass screen, I would say it scratches relatively easily. I have a couple little nicks on my screen, just recently picked up a Halo protector and I'm pretty happy with it. YMMV.

Reactions: 1454

voxigenboy

Jul 2, 2010
San Diego
oddly, i've "accidentally" dropped this phone at least a dozen times now(luckily with a case on) and don't have any scratches on the screen(no screen protector on it either).

i personally hate screen protectors. i don't care if they're cheapie ones or fancy invisible shields/ghost armors. i've tried them all before and don't like the look/feel of any of them.

Kennnny1

Aug 23, 2010
Strange, I can't stand the phone without a screen protector. Too many fingerprints for me.... Also, the Verizon rep who I talked to when I went to get buy my phone had a rezound horribly covered in scratches. (to be fair, I saw her toss the phone into her purse so I'm sure a more careful user won't have quite as severe scratches.)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

blubyu87gt

May 4, 2010
Charleston SC
I would agree that coming from a Bionic, it "scratches" easily. But the scratches are only noticeable when held at certain angles in direct sunlight... In direct sunlight the damn thing isnt usable in direct sunlight anyway so not a big deal.

texanaustinite

Jun 13, 2010
Duh...
Got mine replaced after 3 weeks because of a small "pit" in the middle of the screen and a small scratch on the left side of the screen. Never had a screen protector on my Dinc and only got one scratch after a year and a half (sand at the beach).

Since the Rezound doesn't have Gorilla (it's only fault in my book) I use a screen protector and change it out every few months.

Dec 18, 2008
Charlotte
Coming from a Bionic, with the Gorilla Glass screen, I would say it scratches relatively easily. I have a couple little nicks on my screen, just recently picked up a Halo protector and I'm pretty happy with it. YMMV.
This is one thing I really had to give the bionic, that screen is truly resilient. I beat the piss out of that phone it the glass held up fine. The Tbolt on the other hand, not so much. I accidentally threw my keys in my pocket with my phone one day and it scratched the crap out of it.

I know it nothing scientific, but I do believe the bionic screen is tougher.

jayochs

Jul 22, 2010
Central NJ
www.dinosaurstakefrance.com
i never used screen protectors on my incredible, and that screen NEVER scratched.

i didn't use protector on my rezound for 2 months, and i got tiny hairline scratches everywhere, JUST from being in my pocket.

so yeah, the quality of this glass isn't as good as the inc

Cares

Dec 2, 2010
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 8 Pro
The Rezound is by far the easiest scratching phone I've owned. I came from previous phones with Gorilla Glass and never got one scratch on them. I always put my phone in a pocket by itself without coins/keys/etc. I lay it screen up on tables so that there is no risk of laying it on a pebble or something. I have a few pretty big scratches on the Rezound when I've owned other phones longer without the slightest mark.

a.mcdear

May 20, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
The Rezound screen is VERY VERY easy to scratch. Its also easy to chip. My first one was dropped directly on its face from a short distance (like 6"!!!) onto the pavement, and there must have been a tiny little rock because it put a small little pit and some deep scratches into the glass.

I do not like screen protectors either, but I also want my phone to look new in a year. So I will deal with a screen protector on my new Rezound, cause as annoying as they are, its much nicer than looking at scrapes and scratches. Especially with such a nice screen behind it.

bobniborg

Apr 16, 2012
LOL, I just ordered my screen protectors today. I've gone over a week without any problems. As soon as I ordered, I now have two small scratches.

OLDsJUNKIE

May 30, 2010
Indiana
Yep, got mine two days after release and before I could get the invisible shield ordered and put on I had a couple little scratches on it. I'm super anal about my phone too. Never ran a protector on the Incredible, but the Rezound DEFINITELY has to have one.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.