[CM9] Iconia ICS Project

Search This thread

Land Master

Jun 18, 2010
Highlands Ranch, CO.
This Alpha1 build is very nice!! Good enough for a daily driver so far, at least for me. Can't wait to see what the "future" holds.

Only issue I haven't seen mentioned is the home button doesn't function. It lights up when pressed but doesn't take you "home". And I do not believe the notification blink on it is working.

Certainly no big deal(s) but figured I would bring it up.

Many thanks to all involved!!!

ptesmoke

Sep 23, 2008
Cold Lake
This Alpha1 build is very nice!! Good enough for a daily driver so far, at least for me. Can't wait to see what the "future" holds.

Only issue I haven't seen mentioned is the home button doesn't function. It lights up when pressed but doesn't take you "home". And I do not believe the notification blink on it is working.

Certainly no big deal(s) but figured I would bring it up.

Many thanks to all involved!!!

home button is a known issue...i should make a list of known issues...

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

aszelinski

Feb 10, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S9
I'm running the A100 vangogh version 9.0.0 RC0 and I'm having GPS issues. Sygic and Navicon just crash when opening them. I had no issues wth the GPS till I upgraded to CM9 from ICS Leak .12. Is this a known issue with CM9?

Sent from my A100

ptesmoke

Sep 23, 2008
Cold Lake
I'm running the A100 vangogh version 9.0.0 RC0 and I'm having GPS issues. Sygic and Navicon just crash when opening them. I had no issues wth the GPS till I upgraded to CM9 from ICS Leak .12. Is this a known issue with CM9?

Sent from my A100

some people have reported issues but i experience the opposite....my gps was always terrible on my a100, after cm9 i loaded up gps status and while the initial lock took 1-4 mins...i now get locks in my house and twice the sats seen.

now keep in mind depending where you are your gps.conf file should be modified for your local ntp servers. theres a great thread in the samsung captivate dev forum...im mobile atm so cant link.

but yea...i get 8-12 sat locks now....when on stock i was lucky to even see 2 sats..

Reactions: aszelinski

Cerinthus

Sep 14, 2010
Am I the only one with

ro.secure=1

In default.prop ?

As near as I can see system can't be made writable. Not a deal breaker for me, but should be noted in the release notes.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

masr1979

Apr 5, 2006
Perth Amboy, New Jersey
Am I the only one with

ro.secure=1

In default.prop ?

As near as I can see system can't be made writable. Not a deal breaker for me, but should be noted in the release notes.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

System IS writable, but you have to re-root. Do a little search and you should find pertaining info on this very thread. I had to manually do the process (Zeronull's package didn't work), and I had to do it from terminal emulator, as opposed to ADB.

Can't say about the default.prop since I don't have my tab with me A.T.M.

aszelinski

Feb 10, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S9
Thanks,

Thanks, I will give the gps.conf a look at... it may be just the programs aren't ICS ready,

some people have reported issues but i experience the opposite....my gps was always terrible on my a100, after cm9 i loaded up gps status and while the initial lock took 1-4 mins...i now get locks in my house and twice the sats seen.

now keep in mind depending where you are your gps.conf file should be modified for your local ntp servers. theres a great thread in the samsung captivate dev forum...im mobile atm so cant link.

but yea...i get 8-12 sat locks now....when on stock i was lucky to even see 2 sats..

Top Liked Posts