Extended battery cases

Search This thread

alucard454

Jul 24, 2010
Heyo peeps

So here's the deal.

Battery life is pretty good, no question. But I finally got the itch to start hammering this phone for mega hours.

So first I got the Zero Lemon of course.

Battery is crazy awesome. No question. The case is... Almost acceptable. I love the overall design and protection. I hate the feel of the rubber outside, the screen protector (which I keep on for added Peace of mind and water resistance), and OMG the port covers.... So awful. The buttons are pretty terrible too.

And of course, the phone is insanely bulky and unmanageable now, but I knew that.

I LOVE my wife's otterbox defender on her stock note 3. The first thing I tried was to see if I could mod a defender to fit the zl battery. As I'm sure yall know, the answer is hell no.

So what I'm wondering is if there is some other REAL extended battery that might fit into some modded defender or similar case.

I've got one of those eBay "4500 mah" batteries that is the same size as stock. But since it weighs less than the stock battery, I'm certain the battery life is gonna suck. I'll be trying it this weekend for giggles. But Yea. When I sat REAL extended I mean one of those hyperion or anker 6400mah jobbies. Or the zl, natch.

So, any input? To recap, I'm looking for a battery that can fit a modded case that is good, preferably a otterbox defender, or similar. Or I'm looking for a GOOD case that is known to fit the zl, hyperion, anker, whatever.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app

allen2oo3

Aug 23, 2007
SD/OC, CA
I think there was a post by someone that modded their otterbox to fit an anker/hyperion battery.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

alucard454

Jul 24, 2010
Wait, really? I swear I searched this whole dang forum. I'll do it again when I get to a computer. If so, that'd be amazing!

Thanks regardless!

alucard454

Jul 24, 2010
Yea, i did see that.

I've actually got the slim armor and rather like it. But unless I'm missing something, he's got the case in such a state that it could hardly be considered "protective" any longer...

Thanks for the heads up though

Top Liked Posts