[Q] Do new S4 devices from T-Mobile come with firmware updated

Search This thread

vortexmak

Nov 25, 2010
Hi,

I want to buy a T-Mobile S4 from store or from t-mobile.com but I don't want KNOX.
Are the devices coming with upgraded firmware or still 4.2 ?

Thanks

pfftdives

Mar 16, 2013
The tmo s4 I bought three weeks ago came didnt have kitkat.. I immediately got the upgrade option for the tmo kitkat load when I checked.

You're stuck with knox regardless of what aosp/tw version they are shipping with..

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

vortexmak

Nov 25, 2010
The tmo s4 I bought three weeks ago came didnt have kitkat.. I immediately got the upgrade option for the tmo kitkat load when I checked.

You're stuck with knox regardless of what aosp/tw version they are shipping with..

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

AFAIK, 4.2 does not have KNOX. KNOX was introduced with 4.3. If the phone comes with 4.2 out of the box and I don't upgrade to stock, I'll remain KNOX free.

Did you order it online or from store ?

Xerran

Mar 2, 2013
Harrison
Hi,

I want to buy a T-Mobile S4 from store or from t-mobile.com but I don't want KNOX.
Are the devices coming with upgraded firmware or still 4.2 ?

Thanks

I purchased mine last week and it came with M919UVUEMK2 (Knox). All I did was use the Cyanogenmod installer, wipe and install the CarbonRom 4/10 nightly.

Last edited:

vortexmak

Nov 25, 2010
You could always call the stores and ask if they have any with 4.2.2 and call the franchise stores too if you don't find any at a corporate store.

I did and all they had was 4.3. I finally gave up and ordered one from the site.
Got 4.3 :(
Sign... well...I guess I'll just root it and hope I don't need the warranty

Top Liked Posts