KidJoe

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2008
Thorndale/Romansville, PA
May I flash this on my XT1058 Moto X?
Unrooted, Locked BT, stock RECOVERY.

Maybe a little instructions, please.

Thanks.
As said before, this ia an OTA for the XT1053. Like all OTA's for the X it has a Manifest list of files it checks for on your phone. If the files do not exist, or do not match the expected checksums, it will not install.

Having an XT1058, at least your build.prop, modem, and other files will NOT match what the Manifest in the XT1053 OTA wants, so it will not install.

Reactions: Miqueas111

Ethanp

Feb 6, 2011
Ottawa
Patiently waiting for this update here in Canada. Do any of you guys find the camera has improved? I'm hoping they resolved the green tint issue with the flash on. Sample pictures would be awesome!

isaakmg

Aug 14, 2007
Please, that somebody help the user of the link for upload possible ota 4.4.3 Eu....

Enviado desde mi XT1053 mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: MickyMax

goldman007

Jun 20, 2012
I have noticed Wifi + BT issues since upgrading to 4.4.3 (wifi is slow, BT will often not respond to incoming device connection requests). Anyone else seen the same?

aean27

Mar 31, 2012
Can this be intalled on mexican version?

Can anyone answer this question. I have the moto x model xt1053 Mexican version can I use the tmobile update without any issues?

DBBGBA

Apr 9, 2010
New York
I thought people normally leave wifi on 24/7. That's how I keep it on all my past phones. Weird thing was when I flashed back to factory 4.4.2, the wifi switch wouldn't move to ON. After the second flash, it worked fine though.

I have 4.4.3 and I used my phone (web browsing) for about 40 minutes with about 25% brightness, and I used up about 40% juice.

That waste of energy is why I went back to 4.4.2 with a double flash like you said.

Sadly I don't see many people raising flags for the battery.

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

Can anyone answer this question. I have the moto x model xt1053 Mexican version can I use the tmobile update without any issues?

According to this thread Nextel Mexico Moto X (XT1053) Help!!! yes you can. (I'm assuming you also bought it from Nextel)

Thanks to your post I found out why my developer version (xt1053) has slower internet on iusacell (which usually sells xt1058).

Here's a link to the moto X firmwares just scroll down to Blur_Version.212.44.21.ghost_row.Retail.en.US

Reactions: aean27

aean27

Mar 31, 2012
That waste of energy is why I went back to 4.4.2 with a double flash like you said.

Sadly I don't see many people raising flags for the battery.

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

According to this thread Nextel Mexico Moto X (XT1053) Help!!! yes you can. (I'm assuming you also bought it from Nextel)

Thanks to your post I found out why my developer version (xt1053) has slower internet on iusacell (which usually sells xt1058).

Here's a link to the moto X firmwares just scroll down to Blur_Version.212.44.21.ghost_row.Retail.en.US

Thanks got it running on 4.4.3 will do the same when android L comes out!

aceluiis

Mar 20, 2013
méxico D.F.
getmovil.com
Im not using RSD, Im using manual method: :mad:

fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
mfastboot flash motoboot motoboot.img

Hello, I had the same question as you, tmobile 4.4.3 - Brazil 4.4.2, then to 4.4.3 OTA, but I resolved, not just flash gpt.bin from rsd lite or commands, you can make all but if you plan to update the time, do not put the gpt.bin. that easy, I just did and everything works perfect.

sorry for my bad English.

KidJoe

Aug 23, 2008
Hello, I had the same question as you, tmobile 4.4.3 - Brazil 4.4.2, then to 4.4.3 OTA, but I resolved, not just flash gpt.bin from rsd lite or commands, you can make all but if you plan to update the time, do not put the gpt.bin. that easy, I just did and everything works perfect.

sorry for my bad English.
Just be careful. I would not consider accepting any future OTA's in this state (mix of parts from 4.4.2 and 4.4.3 on your phone). When 4.4.3 or 4.4.4 comes out for your carrier, I wold suggest flashing back to 4.4.2 using the full SBF (to bring all parts to the same version) before taking the update.

Also keep in mind that we've seen intermittent, and strange issues when people ran miss-matched parts in the past.

aceluiis

Mar 20, 2013
méxico D.F.
getmovil.com
Just be careful. I would not consider accepting any future OTA's in this state (mix of parts from 4.4.2 and 4.4.3 on your phone). When 4.4.3 or 4.4.4 comes out for your carrier, I wold suggest flashing back to 4.4.2 using the full SBF (to bring all parts to the same version) before taking the update.

Also keep in mind that we've seen intermittent, and strange issues when people ran miss-matched parts in the past.

when the new version 4.4.4 of Brazil comes out, will update via rsd lite full version. ota will not to have a full version. in that case, there would be no problem. I do not really like the OTAs. I prefer the full version.

MaKTaiL

Oct 17, 2011
Brasília
when the new version 4.4.4 of Brazil comes out, will update via rsd lite full version. ota will not to have a full version. in that case, there would be no problem. I do not really like the OTAs. I prefer the full version.

SBF seems to have ignored the brazilian variant and has not released the full 4.4.3 yet.
It has been almost a month now. I've stopped waiting and decided to accept the OTA. My device remained rooted after the process. You should do the same.

KidJoe

Aug 23, 2008
SBF seems to have ignored the brazilian variant and has not released the full 4.4.3 yet.
It has been almost a month now. I've stopped waiting...
You do realize that sbf.droid-developers.org/ is NOT Motorola run, sponsored or supported, right?

And they don't create them. When they FIND a copy of the SBF, they post it. If it hasn't somehow leaked out of Moto yet, they don't have it to post.

So THEY Haven't ignored the Brazilian variant. They just haven't found a copy of it yet.

But you are correct, there is no telling how long it can take for them to get their hands on a particular SBF file.

asdef5o

Jul 16, 2012
So I already accepted the OTA 4.4.3 Update, is there anyway I can get root still or am I stuck without it?:confused:

KidJoe

Aug 23, 2008
So I already accepted the OTA 4.4.3 Update, is there anyway I can get root still or am I stuck without it?:confused:
Are you able to unlock your bootloader? If Yes, then you can root and disable write protection.

If no... then you can't root using PIE as the vulnerability exploited by PIE has been patched.

Or you can TRY to flash back to 4.4.2 and root using PIE. From what I understand the bootloader and GPT.bin in 4.4.3 is the same as 4.4.2.

Reactions: asdef5o

asdef5o

Jul 16, 2012
Are you able to unlock your bootloader? If Yes, then you can root and disable write protection.

If no... then you can't root using PIE as the vulnerability exploited by PIE has been patched.

Or you can TRY to flash back to 4.4.2 and root using PIE. From what I understand the bootloader and GPT.bin in 4.4.3 is the same as 4.4.2.

I'm not sure if I can, I'm going to try unlocking my bootloader as soon as I get home from work, I just got this phone and hadn't even thought of rooting till after I had updated it.

I'll come back here with what happens to verify if it's possible or not from 4.4.3

Sammu325

Jul 3, 2014
Hey, I'm from India and am using XT1052 and even we haven't received an update for 4.4.3 yet.
So can I use your update? I haven't rooted my phone yet.
If I can use your update can you tell me how to?

Thanks in advance?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-03-09-46-58.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-03-09-46-58.png
    152.8 KB · Views: 152

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Below is the stock 4.4.3 update for the T-Mobile/Unlocked GSM Moto X, extracted from an unlocked XT1053.

Download Link [Box.com]

Download Link [Google Drive]

Code:
    [B]MD5:[/B] 0c562266b106d07234257fc31f9f3296

[B]Kernel:[/B]
    3.4.42-g2aa9ea5
    hudsoncm@ilclbld33 #1
    Sat May 17 01:08:42 CDT 2014

[B]System Version:[/B] 212.44.21.ghost_row.Retail.en.us

[B]Build Number:[/B] KXA21.12-L1.21

Reminders:
    • You need stock recovery for this
      Code:
      [B]MD5:[/B] aa31e067d7c7cd858490cba00689a742
    • Root should carry over without issue
    • Disable Xposed
    • You need to have all of the original bloat (stock 4.4.2 ROM)

Enjoy!
    Excellent! OTA upgrade went nice and smooth.

I hope this can be of help to others.

I've a Moto X Dev. Edition GSM [Right out of the MOTO X website] with root access.
    I gained root by following these steps: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50355161&postcount=1

On this phone I've installed:
    Xposed
    Android Tuner Pro
    Gravity Box [KK]
    Intelli3G
    --All stock apps are installed--

Yesterday the phone made me aware an OTA update being available & ready. Visited this site and ran into this thread. Thanks xd1936 for providing us with the 4.4.2 stock recovery.img file

Updating
    1.) I disabled all xposed modules & then uninstalled xposed.
    2.) [On my computer] I ran SDK Manager & brought everything up to date.
    3.) [On my computer] re-placed mfastboot.exe & the recovery.img under ...\sdk\platform-tools
    4.) Booted into bootloader mode & connected the phone.
    5.) [On my computer] Replaced the TWRP bootloader with the stock 4.4.2 bootloader found at the top of this thread.
    mfastboot flash recovery recovery.img

then to reboot back to the bootloader mode
    fastboot reboot-bootloader

6.) now from the bootloader I booted normally.
    7.) Once the phone started I went ahead I applied the OTA directly.

The phone downloaded, rebooted, installed, booted, optimized the apps successfully. Now I am on Android 4.4.3 :D

-- I didn't lose any information, the phone was not reset.
    -- I still have root access.
    -- Xposed, etc all are working fine.

I found this method to be simpler. At the same time I am glad that it worked just fine. Now I'm pondering on if I should reinstall the TWRP recovery. After all, my system back was done with it.... to do or not to do. hmmm

Android 4.4.3
    I very much dislike the new dialer app. During a call I have no access to my call history logs. The dial pad is fully white [what was wrong with the dark one?] I very much prefer the 4.4.2 dialer. Still no built in option to block numbers.
    I need a tutorial plus :(

Sent from my XT1053 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Download the update from my OP on your phone. Reboot your phone. Hold down [volume down] and press power and you will get to the bootloader screen. Press [volume down] until you have "Recovery" highlighted, and hit [volume up] to select it. You'll get the Android dude with the exclamation point. Hold [volume up] and tap [power] to show a few options. Go down to "Install Update via SD Card" (or something similar) and press [power] to select. Find the update zip you downloaded and select it with [power]. Wait, and reboot.

This is all assuming you have an XT1053 and are stock 4.4.2.
    then I got the android lying on the ground..
    When you boot to recovery? You mean you get the Android in distress ( logo with Exclamation mark)? That is normal.

Press and hold the VOL UP key for 10-15 seconds. While still holding the VOL UP key tap and release the POWER key. That should put you in Recovery stock recovery.
    hey... someone try on XT1058 model?
    yes, i´m a brazilian
    no, i´m not a HUE.
    Tx:cyclops: