[ROM][GB] Hybrid (Stock/CM7), Multilingual, Deblur

Search This thread

bricky23

Apr 6, 2010
Akron
Xiaomi Poco F3
Google Pixel 6a
So just wondering. I love this rom, would it be possible to take something from the new 2.3.5 for the photon and make mms work on this rom using sprint? I use go sms to make it work now, but it would be nice to just use the stock app.

peetr_

Oct 28, 2010
Gallery app do not show my photos just new images taken with the camera.

I think you mean on your external sdcard.
You're right, just change ro.mot.internalsdcard=0 > 1 in build.prop. But then again won't work import/export of contacts from internal sdcard.
But not showing pictures is worse I think. :)

bricky - I will think about that, but it's to much work to start from the beginning. But I already started with changing kernel :)

Reactions: bricky23

bricky23

Apr 6, 2010
Akron
Xiaomi Poco F3
Google Pixel 6a
I think you mean on your external sdcard.
You're right, just change ro.mot.internalsdcard=0 > 1 in build.prop. But then again won't work import/export of contacts from internal sdcard.
But not showing pictures is worse I think. :)

bricky - I will think about that, but it's to much work to start from the beginning. But I already started with changing kernel :)

Yes I agree not worth starting over. Just thought maybe there would be an easy fix. I really appreciate all the work you're doing here. This ROM is amazing!

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

peetr_

Oct 28, 2010
So, if I will make some recap, if you're using GoSms, all that makes working mms, are the proper settings of apns? Those default are locked, can be changed in /etc/apn.conf, but this won't help? And if you add the sprint rom Conversation.apk, still nothing? Some settings in programming menu, in addition to the above, doesn't help too? What are the default APN settings for Sprint? Anything more that I should know about delivering MMS on CDMA?
I need some help with this, I don't know much about CDMA, just that there is some carrier information coded right in the radio.
I will start with MMS.apk comparing to GoSms.apk

And one more thing, mms works with CM7 on Sprint? I need to know this.

Last edited:

bricky23

Apr 6, 2010
Akron
Xiaomi Poco F3
Google Pixel 6a
So, if I will make some recap, if you're using GoSms, all that makes working mms, are the proper settings of apns? Those default are locked, can be changed in /etc/apn.conf, but this won't help? And if you add the sprint rom Conversation.apk, still nothing? Some settings in programming menu, in addition to the above, doesn't help too? What are the default APN settings for Sprint? Anything more that I should know about delivering MMS on CDMA?
I need some help with this, I don't know much about CDMA, just that there is some carrier information coded right in the radio.
I will start with MMS.apk comparing to GoSms.apk

And one more thing, mms works with CM7 on Sprint? I need to know this.

There are no apns when using sprint, and you can't add them. So I tried this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=22012299 put the eri.xml in v7 rom, to change name display from uscc to sprint. Replaced apn.xml in framework and replace apn–conf.xml in etc. Used apn from fixes thread. Flashed that, now I have 3 apns, 2 sprint, 1 uscc. All locked. So I went into ect and system etc and removed apn–conf.xml then open apns select return to default, they are gone, now I can create new ones. So I made new ones to match the cm9 fixes thread, and now I can send but not receive. With go sms the only settings needed are mmsc = http://mms.sprintpcs.com and port =80 to work. Hope any of this helps. Oh also replace build. Prop with the one from the link. Maybe I changed too much?

Last edited:
Reactions: peetr_

peetr_

Oct 28, 2010
is it possible to have delivery option for text messages?

I noticed, there is delivery option only for mms, not sms, in the cm7 mms.apk. So I think, this option could work only on stock conversations.apk? Or works for sms too, in cm7?

bricky - thanks I will look into this, when I get home.

One more thing if you could try? Just delete the apn.xml from framework, if it makes some change.
Apns and mms works normally in cm7 for sprint?

Last edited:
Reactions: johnypersian

johnypersian

Nov 19, 2008
I noticed, there is delivery option only for mms, not sms, in the cm7 mms.apk. So I think, this option could work only on stock conversations.apk? Or works for sms too, in cm7?

One more thing if you could try? Just delete the apn.xml from framework, if it makes some change.

it works for sms ,too(in cm7)

Reactions: peetr_

bricky23

Apr 6, 2010
Akron
Xiaomi Poco F3
Google Pixel 6a

In cm7 I had to do this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=19183797 to make mms work. As far as removing apn.xml I am at work right now. Can't seem to do it from my phone. I will try it once I get home, and have a computer.

jpborjav

Oct 15, 2011
Very nice rom, for the gallery problem not seeing pictures in the sd card ext just download QuickPic. No stock music player so buy poweramp (there is a 15 days trial), or download winamp, dont buy player pro (couldnt get it to see my music in the sd card ext). Im having some signal problems i dont know if it is the ROM or my antenna got stupid. I use GSM/UMTS.

peetr_

Oct 28, 2010
For the media not seen, I wrote, how to fix it, easy, in build.prop. Signal strength is normal, like Photon stock (GN is better on this), but the 4 bar indicator shows less, than it should. Talking about gsm.

I will try to get the apn settings unlocked for cdma.

Edit: Tried some apn and build.prop modifications for CDMA this is prerelease of v8 - http://d-h.st/HG3

Last edited:
Reactions: bricky23

Gack69

Nov 30, 2011
Louisville
Finally got around to getting a bigger SD card so I could make more backups and try this out. Installs great and looks amazing! I just wanted to report that regrettably, Webtop doesn't work with it. I plugged a fresh installation into my converted Atrix lapdoc, and only briefly was shown an error about HDMI mirroring on the lapdoc screen, then it went blank. I guess this is just too deblured to have function Webtop.

Looks amazing though and is running very fast and responsive! Love it, but can't live w/o my webtop...I'm addicted! :)

peetr_

Oct 28, 2010
Now I tried to add webtopsession.apk and webtop starts, but causes reboot. I am going to bed, but will try tomorrow more.

Reactions: Gack69

peetr_

Oct 28, 2010
Uploading now. :)
Did some more tests.
v8:
-webtop works
-kernel from new Photon 2.3.5 leak
-did some cdma changes, like eri.xml banner, setting Sprint and USC in build.prop, changed apns to match those in fixes thread - mms could work
- some minor changes - changed wallpaper, added ringtones from cm7, some framework changes
- did not found the cause of sms delivery reports not working

Uploaded...v8 link in the first post

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is Electrify rom, completely deblured, except phone and hdmi features, with added cm7 and other apps and features,
    to minimize phone and hdmi issues and maximise usability of the hardware, using lightweight software,
    without needs to sync anything, like Blur. Google sync is enough and there are plenty of apps in Google play.
    And that all in many languages, which are included in AOSP, but someone took them out.

But still, it's not perfect and never will be. ;)

Made on my own unlocked GSM Photon, but works well on CDMA (Sprint) and Electrify (US Cellular) too.

Locked version also available. But still no 4g!

I am not responsible for any software or hardware damage or not working emergency calling. You don't have to use this.

If I am posting something I should not, tell me and I will delete it. I am just sharing this, because it´s good for me and could be good for someone else.

If anything does not work right after installation, do one more restart please.

Features:
    - based on Electrify 2.3.5_USC_19 firmware
    - 1.0 GHz stock 2.3.5_254_13 kernel
    - fully deblured (no support for anything using blur account and no social apps or widgets or features)
    - modified UI in many places (framework, statusbar, notification, settings and many remaining apps)
    - framework and most of apps translated to various languages (used translation from CM7) ...
    ... Russian is fully translated, Arabic support (not perfect)
    - updated zone info and ICU (8/12)
    - CM7 apps - SMS and MMS, Email, Calendar, Voice Dialing, Torch, File Manager, Sound Recorder, Keyboard, Screenshot
    - Nemus Launcher (Nenustech), Gallery ICS (Moblynx), Play Music (Google) ...
    ... FMRadio (Moto Froyo Defy but modified), My Phone Number (Lytsig), Resolution Changer (djeman) apps added
    - stock camera connected with Gallery ICS with 1080p video recording
    - 1% battery steps in statusbar, battery usage - everywhere
    - advanced Global Actions Menu - reboot, recovery, screen capture
    - CM notification toggles (10), with long click handling
    - HDMI mirroring with Resolution Changer and Webtop, both working without docks
    - automatic brightness levels modified, activated automatic backlight decreasing
    - CM download management without restrictions in downloading
    - unlocked APNs (you can edit them) accessible also for CDMA (Accounts & Battery & Data)
    - some little theming, including notification led
    - Moto data counter accessible (Accounts & Battery & Data) and fixed
    - lowered battery low notifications - 10% first, 2% second
    - volume wakeup, SD card switch, OC kernel and others - available as addons (flashable zips)
    - bootsound

History:
    Code:
    v4:
    - fonts, zone info from latest CM7 - arabic should be fine
    - lowered bootsound volume

v5:
    - more translated apps
    - included Russian from [B]Olegfusion[/B] - much more translated
    - arabic should be fine now
    - [B]advanced power menu[/B] - reboot, recovery - from Olegfusion 

v6:
    - changed the keyboard for cm7 keyboard with bigger dimensions
    - included better rtl patch for arabic from jam97 post
    - included more compact [B]notification toggles[/B] - first ported to Photon by [B]Rangerbry[/B] - thanks for that
    - made theme changes to notifications to unify colors

v7:
    - [B]HDMI mirroring[/B] with resolution changer from "[B]djeman[/B]" - [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1501414"]this thread[/URL] - thank him
    - BlurSetup is out of the rom - you can access your accounts from settings and contacts - now it is fully deblured
    - added Talk with video calling
    - don´t remember

v8:
    -[B]webtop works[/B]
    -kernel from new Photon 2.3.5 leak
    -did some cdma changes, like eri.xml banner, setting Sprint and USC in build.prop, changed apns to match those in fixes thread - mms could work
    - some minor changes - changed wallpaper, added ringtones from cm7, some framework changes

v9:
    -Sprint fixes - apns - sending and receiving [B]MMS works[/B] - thanks to [B]bricky23[/B] for helping with this
    -CDMA - access to apn settings from Accounts&Battery&Data settings - no need for voice dialer
    -CDMA - changed carrier banner from US Cellular to "Home Network"
    -[B]Disabled scrolling cache[/B] - much improved scrolling and animations - applied the mod from this [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1411317"]thread[/URL] - many many thanks to [B]AndroidON[/B], for this
    -Enabled [B]automatic backlight decreasing[/B], based on light sensor
    -Changed autobrightness levels

v10:
    -changed some core libraries from cm7
    -[B]Sprint mms[/B] fixed again (hopefully) - thanks [B]bricky23[/B]
    -some small changes in Blurphone.apk, and maybe something
    -added CMScreenShot.apk and added the [B]Screen Capture[/B] option in the power menu

v11:
    -some fixes, cleaning, lib changes, etc.
    -please install adobe flash from market
    -usb media sync fixed

v12:
    -reverted some lib changes, because of stability issues
    -repaired Speed dialing editing
    -repaired some games not running on v11
    -repaired bad looking gradients in pictures, by updating Gallery - I knew it was always there (in cm7)  ;)
    -5 bars signal strength mode (GSM) (CDMA? - who knows) 

v13:
    -changed notification toggles - used different cm7 like toggles, scrollable with longclick handling - ported from SGS lidroid mod - thanks to them, with cm7 and my modifications
    -modified 1% battery steps - now it's used everywhere in the system
    -fixed lockscreen - no more simcard warning
    -reverted back to Electrify 2.3.5 kernel - seems more stable and battery friendly to me
    -changed gapps (razr 2.3.6, I think it's the newest) 
    -changed gallery 3d sorting items to descending (videos are still the first, don't know why yet) 

v14:
    -changed download management from cm7 - no need for 3rd party app, to download anything
    -unlocked APNs, so you can edit the default
    -added Toggle 2g app from [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=739530"]here[/URL], you can somehow use with CDMA too, but don't know, if it's useful there
    -changed default notification led to blue
    -removed ModemCutback (seems like it is not doing anything useful)
    -removed PolicyMgrService and Provider (it is for data saver and data saver is for Blur social apps and Market (Market has its own settings) - to do - removing from settings menu)
    -and some other minor changes (Google backup fixed, etc.)

v15:
    -repaired icons in Email.apk and Mms.apk
    -added support for volume and camera button wakeup - now you can just edit /system/usr/keylayout/tegra-kbc.kl for any key you like
    -repaired some settings texts for some languages (screen timeout, animations) + some cleaning
    -repaired flashlight button reboot by aquiring full wakelock, after 10 minutes of flashlight shining, there was no restart (I was a little feared, that I will burn those LEDs)
    -some more little changes to powerwidget (order, brightness button,...)
    -activated data meter with daily and tasks usage, but data meter resets on mobile data turning off (wifi on) - caused by not persistent ppp0 interface 

v16:
    -repaired data meter - no more resets on mobile data disconnection
    -activated development options in Browser (user agent, rendering, etc...)
    -removed panel with groups, search, add, from Contacts (groups are usable only with Blur apps, use search and menu button)
    -updated Nemus Launcher and Play Store
    -some minor tweaks

v17:
    -updated to Photon 254_13 kernel
    -removed Toggle 2G app
    -repaired sleep mode while charging
    -no more formating when flashing, only recursive deleting (I do not suggest to format system, it's not necessary)

v18:
    -3g data should be fine (persist.ril.uart.flowctrl) 
    -libaudio.so from 254_13 ota

v19:
    -format /system for unlocked is back, because of problems when installing after CM (ext4) roms
    -updated Mms app, Music app, Nemus Launcher, Play Store
    -some fixes in FM Radio app
    -changed wallpaper (even more blue color)

v20:
    -notification fix (ongoing)
    -removed Gallery 3D
    -added Gallery ICS from [B]Moblynx[/B] developer with his permission - works much better (better sorting of images, faster and prettier)
    -Blur Camera fixes (gallery, multishot upload removed, Czech translation just for me :P)
    -ICU and zone info updated

Issues:
    - Motorola and US Cellular specific texts are not translated
    - sms delivery reports not working
    - sim toolkit is not executable
    - don´t know ...

Programming menu code: #073887*
    Another codes: ##95*
    ##2539*
    ##387*
    ##626*

Thanks belong to CyanogenMod team, XDA people, Google, Motorola, Nemustech, Moblynx

Do not forget to calibrate the battery - it means - install, boot, (maybe reboot), charge 100%, wipe battery stats and /data/battd folder, discharge to 0% without any reboot (but you can use it ofcourse), plug your charger while holding power button to bypass charge only mode, do not unplug your charger or do not reboot, until it is 100% and use it anyhow you like...
    Then you can complain about battery. It means, not sooner than 2 days after installation. :p
    This calibration is not needed because of battery (it is lithium battery), but because of not very good Moto power statistics management. Battery can be charged anytime you like, but the phone can show only estimated battery values, based on charging and discharging.
    You can use this Battery Fix app for wiping.

Sorry for my English.

ALWAYS MAKE BACKUP FIRST.

YOU CAN USE ANY RECOVERY YOU LIKE.

ROM - unlocked version (no 4G):
    Download v19
    Download v20

ROM - locked version (no 4G):
    v20 for locked - ready for 254_13 ota, but flash 254_12 libmoto_ril.so after flashing the rom
    Signed 198_7 kernel with modules - only for 2.3.4 sv1 locked or unlocked users
    2.3.5_USC_19 modules - for locked 2.3.5 Electrify users (same like in v16)

KERNEL - unlocked:
    Overclocked MB860 mainline kernel - from Olegfusion - problem with webtop touchscreen
    Overclocked 198_7(6?) kernel - from Jokersax - I hope he don´t mind - no thanks for me - problem with setting your own frequencies
    Stock Electrify 2.3.5_USC_19 kernel - problem with lowmemorykiller module - missing or wtf? - never noticed before
    Stock Photon 2.3.5_254_13 kernel - looks like it´s the most stable

ADDON - locked and unlocked:
    Volume keys wake-up
    BlurCamera with gallery choice - mainly for Quickpic (pictures must be on internal SD)
    Blur keyboard
    SDcard switch - use only if you know and don´t mind, what switching cards does
    Possible VVM fix - just scroll down there, you will find it
    No notification toggles

RIL - locked and unlocked:
    Atrix - found helpful by matriX1218
    254_12
    198_7

THEME - locked and unlocked:
    Full ICS like theme - from Planters76
    Black and white - from murrun
    for unlocked users only, this is a blur kernel 1.3ghz with many fixes. rom flies here. compatible with this rom.
    First post updated - v12

Don´t know about roaming but probably has to be turned on in Settings - Accounts battery data - Data delivery and CDMA settings for automatic, but don´t know, how to make forced roaming

All games should be fine now.
    First post updated - v11

-some fixes, cleaning, lib changes (Photon 2.3.5)
    -adobe flash pluggin removed - install from market
    -usb media sync fixed

And who wants another number of signal bars, here is how-to:
    in build.prop -
    ro.mot.phonemode.vzwglobalphone=0
    ro.mot.phonemode.numsignalbars=4 or 5 or 6

Next version will be 5 bars. It shows accurate on GSM.
    Uploading v7:

- HDMI mirroring with resolution changer from "djeman" - this thread - thank him
    - BlurSetup is out of the rom - you can access your accounts from settings and contacts - now it is fully deblured
    - added Talk with video calling
    - maybe wipe will be needed, but I am not sure
    - I am not sure about the webtop yet, you can try, but I will install it and try myself later
    - I had some problem with Market (code 403), but the problem stopped itself and did not returned, even after wipe, so I hope, noone will have it

v7 uploaded