[WIP]ElegantSteel

Search This thread

Jedipottsy

Apr 1, 2009
Stoke-On-Trent
mythreed.com
Hi,

You guys might remember i designed the Elegance theme (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=633043) I've been designing a new theme called ElegantSteel.
Theme is based around the Tolken icon's (http://brsev.deviantart.com/art/Token-128429570) with elements from Ubuntu 10.04 and other Linux themes.

NewThemeUpdate2.jpg
NewThemeUpdate10.jpg

NewThemeUpdate5_a.jpg
NewThemeUpdate5_b.jpg

NewThemeUpdate5_c.jpg
NewThemeUpdate6.jpg

NewThemeUpdate7.jpg
NewThemeUpdate8.jpg
NewThemeUpdate9.jpg
NewThemeUpdate11.jpg

With the help of a few people in the community i hope to create this as a MM for CM5, and once the theme is finished im going to release the PSD for anyone to create ports / alterations etc.
I'm opening this thread as a place for people who would be interesting in helping to contact me, my gtalk is animationrich@googlemail.com

Update

Heres a PSD if you guys fancy making a flashable theme out of this

http://mythreed.com/AndroidTheme/Theme2/ElegantSteel_alpha_design.zip

Ive tried making this into a theme but im running around in circles. Port to any rom/device you like and alter it and combine with anything else you like, all i ask is that you provide me with credit, thanks

Last edited:

Daneshm90

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 1, 2009
So are these just concepts or working snapshots ?

Regardless, amazing theme.

joshuas_79

Aug 4, 2007
Cordoba
wow, it's looking really good.

Is posible to make trans. pulldown, or it's just a mockup?

Amazing job! Im in love with it....

Jedipottsy

Apr 1, 2009
Stoke-On-Trent
mythreed.com
wow, it's looking really good.

Is posible to make trans. pulldown, or it's just a mockup?

Amazing job! Im in love with it....

Its just a mockup at the moment, but a few people have contacted me and ive sent them the alpha psd design, so an alpha release should be along soon. Few more elements to skin, couple of widgets and apps then its nearly all done.

JRudnik

May 26, 2009
Texas
Oh my lawd, I love your themes!

The Elegance was my favorite, however it did get a little stale (but still LOVEable!!)

Can't wait to see this theme in full!

I'm willing to help also:)

opasha

Jul 2, 2009
this is probably the best theme i have seen in a while. obviously gives off the iphone feel, but that's what iphone has down (their UI design), which is why many people love iphones despite us all loving android. android stock is as ugly as a UI design as it gets, which is why we have themes. i hope you really are able to accomplish this 100% to your psd look because it really looks solid. the only thing i know that you will definitely have trouble in because no one, and i repeat no one including myself and other themers, is making those notification TABS (where you see your latest events/information) transparent as in your mock up. i am sure that the tmobile header can be made transparent because i have seen it done before, but the tabs are always the issue. there's some coding in the xml or something that does not allow it or may some hidden .9 png that we are unaware of. good luck :)

Knyku

May 28, 2010
Temecula
This has got to be the best looking theme I have ever seen. So clean and Elegant!
Which is apparently something you don't find often around here. :/
Can't wait to see a release!

turn

May 21, 2010
this is probably the best theme i have seen in a while. obviously gives off the iphone feel, but that's what iphone has down (their UI design), which is why many people love iphones despite us all loving android.

so true.
looking really good though, man! i'd use a different font if i were you, though. i'm not really feeling that one. but hey, what do i know?

ivanmmj

Retired Moderator
Jan 3, 2007
As always, you are creating an excellent theme.
Are you planning to make it metamorph? Or will it be based on CM5.0.8 (when it becomes final.) Hopefully one the 2.2 code drops, you can make this CM6 compatible as well.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oh god please do, I've been so patient up until now lol. But seriously I can't wait for this theme to be released it is gorgeous. Please keep up posted on your progress and I'd be more than glad to help if theres anything a non dev who is good with photoshop can do.

Here's an .apk for th ADW Theme (Which is what I wanted people to test :p). It just needs moar icons and landscape images.
    Just finished a whole bunch of images in the framework-res folder so here is the update to get the status bar and notification bar, comes with all the work ive done up to this point as well. Only thing is on the notification area I had to change it around a little because I couldnt find the right image to theme the sub header background. hope you enjoy. and for those who don't know this is for metamorph and CM5.0.8 if that matters at all. I am still working on this theme and hope to have the full theme done soon. if anyone has any icon requests feel free to post them and I will work on getting them in there. one quick question if I may.... where are apk's stored/saved when you download from the market? need this tidbit of info so I can properly theme the market icons as well... thank you.

I believe they are stored in data/app. Always looking for engadget and facebook icons, pandora etc :D