Search This thread

DarthDerron

Sep 28, 2012
GTA, Ontario
Thanks. Found the Ubuntu image. Just couldn't find it on the black mesh background. Looks good though.

Ik this is off topic, but i just thought since other people might want it as well

ubuntu-wallpaper_-26.jpg

Reactions: rani9990

pdubcramp

Oct 4, 2010
New York
Still getting an unresponsive screen on what I assume is the end of the CRT animation based on the white horizontal line across the screen. I'm running the latest version, clean wipe.

Attachments

• logcat_and_device_info.zip
    469.8 KB · Views: 3

alacrify

Jan 12, 2009
As a general question for those reporting problems: have you flashed other ROMs in between Task ROMs? I'm wondering if something isn't getting cleaned out by a regular full wipe, since I never see these problems and I don't switch ROMs (and Task doesn't release if he sees problems). I'm not blaming other ROMs, just trying to identify where the problems could be coming from.

And please, don't flood with a "yes I do" or "no I don't" bunch of responses - I think it would just be helpful if you mention it when posting problems and associated logs and last_kmesgs. Thanks ;)

Reactions: Curtox

rogersa2k

Aug 12, 2007
Still getting an unresponsive screen on what I assume is the end of the CRT animation based on the white horizontal line across the screen. I'm running the latest version, clean wipe.

I had exactly the same thing happen to me three times this morning (black screen, faint white line across the middle) but was working and unfortunately was unable to grab any logcats. I was also experiencing the lag and graphics others mentioned yesterday but the latest kernel task posted resolved that (and perhaps "caused" this). I am just about to wipe my phone clean and start over from the latest release.

- Aaron

Reactions: Wilcox12

78Staff

Sep 26, 2007
Cosmo, Fl
Re: [ROM] AOKP(Jellybean 4.2.2 )Task650 (2.22.2013b 2nd Release) (AT&T)

I had exactly the same thing happen to me three times this morning (black screen, faint white line across the middle) but was working and unfortunately was unable to grab any logcats. I was also experiencing the lag and graphics others mentioned yesterday but the latest kernel task posted resolved that (and perhaps "caused" this). I am just about to wipe my phone clean and start over from the latest release.

- Aaron

Twice for me today, requires long power off/on. But, dirty flash for me from 2/22, so i'm going to do the needful and redownload, full wipe, etc.

Here is last_kmsg from most recent, if it helps any. I was applying a wallpaper change when it occurred.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• last_kmsg.txt
    8.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

davidstech11

Jun 17, 2011
CA
[ROM] AOKP(Jellybean 4.2.2 )Task650 (2.22.2013b 2nd Release) (AT&T)

Has anyone at any point had it where the SD card is no longer recognized? Currently on the latest build. I don't recall having this problem before. I thought maybe the SD card was just bad but I tested it and its working. I still put another SD card in and its still not recognized as being installed. So I hope by factory resetting the device and wiping everything it will work. But no, I just have to restore everything and fill all the passwords back and place the apps/widgets back but it still is not working.
I am not seeing anything when doing a google search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

milkit18

Feb 1, 2008
As a general question for those reporting problems: have you flashed other ROMs in between Task ROMs? I'm wondering if something isn't getting cleaned out by a regular full wipe, since I never see these problems and I don't switch ROMs (and Task doesn't release if he sees problems). I'm not blaming other ROMs, just trying to identify where the problems could be coming from.

And please, don't flood with a "yes I do" or "no I don't" bunch of responses - I think it would just be helpful if you mention it when posting problems and associated logs and last_kmesgs. Thanks ;)

no, b/c this is the only rom i've flashed and im getting the black screen issue. and had the crt line issue too.
Yes full wipe and etc were followed.
This was the only rom i've run and followed directions to the T.

no logs sorry, but now we know its not from other roms.

Wilcox12

Jan 29, 2013
Chattanooga, TN

Has anyone at any point had it where the SD card is no longer recognized? Currently on the latest build. I don't recall having this problem before. I thought maybe the SD card was just bad but I tested it and its working. I still put another SD card in and its still not recognized as being installed. So I hope by factory resetting the device and wiping everything it will work. But no, I just have to restore everything and fill all the passwords back and place the apps/widgets back but it still is not working.
I am not seeing anything when doing a google search.

http://www.google.com/search?aq=0&o...bile&ie=UTF-8&q=sd+card+not+reading+galaxy+s3

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

cdjaney

Feb 2, 2012

Has anyone at any point had it where the SD card is no longer recognized? Currently on the latest build. I don't recall having this problem before. I thought maybe the SD card was just bad but I tested it and its working.

I did on either 2/20 or first 2/22 build. Thought I had a bad sd card but seemed fine in pc. Only way I could see it was on a file explorer I downloaded from play store. Still have no idea what was wrong...so didn't want to bug anybody here. I'd try re-downloading the newest Rom, FULL WIPE [factory reset, system, cache, dalvik, DATA(that will erase your internal sd card so back it up on pc if needed...I don't keep anything there)]. That seemed to do the trick for me. I will be honest though, I restored a nandroid of a TW Rom before I did that just so TWRP would recognize the external sd card more easily...for whatever reason, when I was having the trouble, TWRP was even having problems seeing the card....it would, then it wouldn't.

Reactions: davidstech11

davidstech11

Jun 17, 2011
CA
[ROM] AOKP(Jellybean 4.2.2 )Task650 (2.22.2013b 2nd Release) (AT&T)

I did on either 2/20 or first 2/22 build. Thought I had a bad sd card but seemed fine in pc. Only way I could see it was on a file explorer I downloaded from play store. Still have no idea what was wrong...so didn't want to bug anybody here. I'd try re-downloading the newest Rom, FULL WIPE [factory reset, system, cache, dalvik, DATA(that will erase your internal sd card so back it up on pc if needed...I don't keep anything there)]. That seemed to do the trick for me. I will be honest though, I restored a nandroid of a TW Rom before I did that just so TWRP would recognize the external sd card more easily...for whatever reason, when I was having the trouble, TWRP was even having problems seeing the card....it would, then it wouldn't.

Thanks, that's exactly what's happening to me. I think. If I remove the SD card and put it in the computer it works.
I am going to try what you suggested. Have a good weekend.

Task. As always, props for the ROM.

I may be crazy, but when you said the recent apps comes up lightning fast you did not lie. Its so fast it goes to it rather than my home or voice command (as I have setup with nova).

Could you perhaps raise the time it takes by a few milliseconds on the next release? I know its a request and you don't take those, but I feel this is slightly different.

If this was already said, just beat me over the head with a fish. I try to keep up with this thread but it would drain my life. Not sure how you do it.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Woody

Retired Admin - Vacationing in Nanda Parbat
Nov 18, 2010
Immersed in Dark Matter
Ok look. In the old days it was always Logcat or GTFO. Then Android became the hottest thing since your prom date's unmentionables. Users decided that with Android, their phones could be leaps and bounds cooler than I*coughs*.

Thus the dawn of forums that helped make this a reality. We all know these forums and have at one time or another been hyper-linked to them when doing a simple Google search. The one that is always at the top is XDA-Developers.

I personally have never seen XDA-Users but I would suspect that the amount of registered users would almost double this site. Why? Because I want my phone to look kewl. I flash blindly and the only thing that I wipe is, well let's not go there.

This is the weekend and we all know that always brings out the arm-chair developers. Logcat or GTFO. If you can't do that or be a productive member of this Development site and Development thread, then "A Few Good Men" is on AMC right now. In fact I had to stop watching right when they went into court because of this weekend BS.

Task, Open when you feel necessary. Others, if you respond in kind, you will have a PM in your inbox either after the movie or in the morning.

Upset because you had to read all this dribble, well imagine how I feel (and I am not playing Moderator either).

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wanted to bring you guys some AOKP releases with other mods and code changes for ALL VARIANTS of the SGS III.​
    HZ19dJT.png

A Big Thanks Goes to the AOKP Team & CyanogenMod Team. Without their source this wouldn't be possible. Go thank them, tweet them, and donate to them. Also a HUGE thanks to mrgoat for the hosting!!!​
    If you decide that you are not going to read all of the information provided in this OP or the FAQ, then GTFO. There is a lot of useful information in either of the two that will really help you and this thread out.​

» Read and use the FAQ/Q & A thread for non-development/ROM related stuffs!!! HERE!!!

81.png

» Installation is simple:
    • If coming from another ROM or another major AOKP version, wipe data (Factory reset) in recovery. Always do this before reporting any bugs.
    • Make sure you're using the latest CWM or TWRP
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash Google Apps (GAPPS) from HERE
    • Reboot
    78.png

» Check Changelogs on G+
    » Also Check merged commits on AOKP's Gerrit

80.png

» Downloads, mirrors, and MD5s can be found HERE

82.png

» AOKP Gerrit
    » AOKP on Github
    » Task650 Source

79.png

We greatly appreciate your contribution in the form of code, or PayPal donations.
    » Donations to task650
    » Donations to AOKP AOKP.co

Enjoy!
    Animation Manager explained
    1. Zip files that contain the animations are in /system/addon.d/keyboard-anim and /system/addon.d/window-anim
    2. If you feel like you want to add more, simply open one up to see the folder structure and the files it contains.
    3. To add another animation that you like, simply create a new zip file with the same files and folders and place in the appropriate folder. The files must be compiled xml files and not the human readable version.
    4. Enjoy guys
    and this for underwear
    I am hosting all of Task's files for you guys to download and I just wanted to update you all on some bandwidth numbers for this month. This is across all the platforms task's develops for but here are this months's bandwidth numbers. Task you rock. :cowboy:

Total Bandwidth Provided: unlimited GB
    Total Used So Far: 4195.657 GB
    Estimated Usage For Cycle: 4335.512 GB