[Q] root 4.4 kitkat (warranty)

Search This thread

panospao7

Jul 7, 2012
Hi i have a question to ask . I bought my note 3 1,5 month ago and it is with a 2 year warranty . Is there any method to skip knox and not trip warranty i. i have seen root de la vega ( i think it is not yet available or it would be i am not sure ) , also i saw that triangle away is available but i dont know how this afects warranty . Also i know that 4.4 kitkat is not so stable and developers are waiting for a more stable update . I hope someone can guide me . TY:p

karaokeman2002

Oct 19, 2011
Unfortunately root de la vega does now not work anymore without tripping the e-fuse thus disabling your warranty. This is because Samsung have caught onto the fact peope were trying to bypass the Knox counter and so patched the bootloader. I must say this is the reason I left Apple all those years ago. When we pay for something we should have to right to modify it as we want. Seems Samsung are following apples ways. My suggestion would be to wait until your warranty has run out. Then root your device !!!!

Reactions: panospao7

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth
Hi i have a question to ask . I bought my note 3 1,5 month ago and it is with a 2 year warranty . Is there any method to skip knox and not trip warranty i. i have seen root de la vega ( i think it is not yet available or it would be i am not sure ) , also i saw that triangle away is available but i dont know how this afects warranty . Also i know that 4.4 kitkat is not so stable and developers are waiting for a more stable update . I hope someone can guide me . TY:p

If u r still on old 4.3 bootloader, yes rudlv will work. But if on newer 4.3 bootloader and up, rudlv won't qork without tripping knox.
And other method if rooting will trip knox for sure.

And even u successfully root ur current device without tripping knox, once u update to kk, u will have to reroot again, and this time... no mercy. :)

TA is not able to revert knox as well.
And this knox issue, in some countries, the service center still never consider the flag. U have to check it urself.

If u really need root access, then u may forget/ignore ur warranty.
As for me, I need it for work, therefore... hell with knox warranty. :)

Sent from N9005 4.4.2 NB7 rooted device

Reactions: panospao7

panospao7

Jul 7, 2012
note 3

Thank all for the help . I will wait 1,5 year to go root or samsung to change its policy ( something that in at least 2-3 centuries might happen

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @panospao7 the short answer is: NO, you can't root kit kat without tripping knox!

Sent from Note 3 Superphone!
    Unfortunately root de la vega does now not work anymore without tripping the e-fuse thus disabling your warranty. This is because Samsung have caught onto the fact peope were trying to bypass the Knox counter and so patched the bootloader. I must say this is the reason I left Apple all those years ago. When we pay for something we should have to right to modify it as we want. Seems Samsung are following apples ways. My suggestion would be to wait until your warranty has run out. Then root your device !!!!

If u r still on old 4.3 bootloader, yes rudlv will work. But if on newer 4.3 bootloader and up, rudlv won't qork without tripping knox.
    And other method if rooting will trip knox for sure.

And even u successfully root ur current device without tripping knox, once u update to kk, u will have to reroot again, and this time... no mercy. :)

TA is not able to revert knox as well.
    And this knox issue, in some countries, the service center still never consider the flag. U have to check it urself.

If u really need root access, then u may forget/ignore ur warranty.
    As for me, I need it for work, therefore... hell with knox warranty. :)

Sent from N9005 4.4.2 NB7 rooted device