Stock root safe update from ME7

Search This thread

N00dle

Feb 13, 2007
Sorry if this is a dumb question but I find it harder and harder to find stuff around here anymore with people using the same keywords in their threads for ROMS and updates such as stock when it's actually a modified stock etc.

Anyway where is a stock root safe rom coming from ME7 to get to 4.3 or 4.4

I have SU set for root saver but anytime I try and go to the OTA I get a settings have stopped error.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Last edited:

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia
Sorry if this is a dumb question but I find it harder and harder to find stuff around here anymore with people using the same keywords in their threads for ROMS and updates such as stock when it's actually a modified stock etc.

Anyway where is a stock root safe rom coming from ME7 to get to 4.3 or 4.4

I have SU set for root saver but anytime I try and go to the OTA I get a settings have stopped error.

Using an OTA, ME7 will update to MI1. That's rootable with Saferoot, so why worry about root saver?
MI1 will OTA to MJ7, which will OTA to MK2. Those are also rootable.

I'd recommend flashing a no-wipe MK2, which will get you to 4.3. That's available in this post.

You can't get to 4.4 yet since Verizon hasn't released it for our phones.

N00dle

Feb 13, 2007
Using an OTA, ME7 will update to MI1. That's rootable with Saferoot, so why worry about root saver?
MI1 will OTA to MJ7, which will OTA to MK2. Those are also rootable.

I'd recommend flashing a no-wipe MK2, which will get you to 4.3. That's available in this post.

You can't get to 4.4 yet since Verizon hasn't released it for our phones.

Thanks this is the info I was looking for and having trouble digging through the noise if you will.

I didn't realize I was 3 versions behind.

Last edited: