HTC One M7 partially bricked!! *HELP*

Search This thread

Azn-Rice

Jun 8, 2012
I have a T-Mobile HTC One M7 that is partially bricked. When I purchased my phone, I wanted to try out the Google Play edition. After successfully running Android 4.4.2 for a few months, my camera got the purple tint. As a result, I have to send in my phone for a replacement. As part of the process to install the RUU file for Android 4.4 with Sense 6, which included enabling S-ON and relocking my device, my device does not detect a recovery nor a ROM. I tried unlocking my device again, but the device won't let me. My phone can still connect to ADB and fastboot. As of now, my phone is stuck in Relocked and S-ON. I will provide the fastboot getvar all text.

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.54.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4T.21.3218.21
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: (hidden for privacy)
(bootloader) imei: (hidden for privacy)
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0713000
(bootloader) cidnum: T-MOB010
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4313mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-0e82187e
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.082s

Please provide me with all the help that you can give. My phone is now unusable.

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
I have a T-Mobile HTC One M7 that is partially bricked. When I purchased my phone, I wanted to try out the Google Play edition. After successfully running Android 4.4.2 for a few months, my camera got the purple tint. As a result, I have to send in my phone for a replacement. As part of the process to install the RUU file for Android 4.4 with Sense 6, which included enabling S-ON and relocking my device, my device does not detect a recovery nor a ROM. I tried unlocking my device again, but the device won't let me. My phone can still connect to ADB and fastboot. As of now, my phone is stuck in Relocked and S-ON. I will provide the fastboot getvar all text.

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.54.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4T.21.3218.21
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: (hidden for privacy)
(bootloader) imei: (hidden for privacy)
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0713000
(bootloader) cidnum: T-MOB010
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4313mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-0e82187e
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.082s

Please provide me with all the help that you can give. My phone is now unusable.

s-on was the last step before sending the phone ... not before flashing the RUU
now your pretty much stuck. Also relocking the bootloader is not needed with s-off

start from the beginning
Unlock the bootloader at HTCDEV
then from fastboot USB
Flash recovery TWRP 2.6.3.3
http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7

fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.3-m7.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader

then sideload this Rom to your phone
http://www.androidrevolution.org/downloader/download.php?file=Android_Revolution_HD-One_31.6.zip

TWRP / Advanced / ADB Sideload - swipe to sideload
From PC adb / fastboot folder
you use
adb sideload name-of-rom.zip

make sure the rom is in the same folder as adb / fastboot

Now use firewater to get s-off back and read @nkk71 Superguide to return to stock

Last edited:

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
I ran through the steps that is necessary to unlock the bootloader. Since I can't access my rom, my result will depend on fastboot. The installation went by alright, but I did not see the "Unlock Bootloader?" screen.

I have no idea what your talking about ?

did you get the Unlock_code.bin file from the email and put it in the fastboot folder ?

after fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
are you not seeing this screen ?
step13.jpg

Last edited:

Azn-Rice

Jun 8, 2012

did you get the unlock.bin file from the email and put it in the fastboot folder ?

After completing the process, my phone still displays "Relock" but this time with a "Security Warning". I'm trying to find the correct RUU file for this phone.

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
Last edited:

Azn-Rice

Jun 8, 2012

did you get the Unlock_code.bin file from the email and put it in the fastboot folder ?

after fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
are you not seeing this screen ?
step13.jpg

I did not see this screen at all in my phone. It must be because I can't boot into Android. I'm trying to do everything in bootloader since this is the only place that I can access at the moment.

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
I did not see this screen at all in my phone. It must be because I can't boot into Android. I'm trying to do everything in bootloader since this is the only place that I can access at the moment.

the screen appears in the bootloader after the command fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin

it has nothing to do with booting up the phone
go back to post 2 and do the steps in order ... don't skip steps

Last edited:

Azn-Rice

Jun 8, 2012
the screen appears in the bootloader after the command fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin

I know what you are talking about. I saw this screen before when my phone was in perfect working condition. Now that I am stuck at the bootloader, I can't boot to Android nor access recovery. I even can't install a RUU without getting an error message (signature verify failed).

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
I know what you are talking about. I saw this screen before when my phone was in perfect working condition. Now that I am stuck at the bootloader, I can't boot to Android nor access recovery. I even can't install a RUU without getting an error message (signature verify failed).

do you have the black bootloader from the GPE ? do you have a active command line error on the bootloader screen? if you did s-on with the black bootloader your pretty much stuck