[Tutorial][Module] UpsideWifi turns your Wifi upside down, and has a tutorial too!

Search This thread

ryebread761

Aug 12, 2013
Turns your Wifi icon upside down. After all, you are receiving signal, right?

This was an Xposed module that was created to help teach people how to write a basic Xposed module from start to finish. You can find the series on Youtube.

On my Nexus 7:

XgFwHsd.png

Get it on the repository.

thanhdoku

Nov 19, 2013
Awesome! I plan on watching the entire series of videos. I have been looking for a way to get into making some Xposed modules that is also able to cater to my low attention span. Thanks!

P.S. Do you have any plans of doing a series on making a 'Cydia Substrate extension'? Cydia Substrate can hook Java code as well as native code.

I tried to post a couple of links to text based example walkthroughs, but XDA wouldn't let me... :(

ryebread761

Aug 12, 2013
Awesome! I plan on watching the entire series of videos. I have been looking for a way to get into making some Xposed modules that is also able to cater to my low attention span. Thanks!

P.S. Do you have any plans of doing a series on making a 'Cydia Substrate extension'? Cydia Substrate can hook Java code as well as native code.

I tried to post a couple of links to text based example walkthroughs, but XDA wouldn't let me... :(

I have not done any Cydia Substrate development, but if I end up doing so, I would like to make a walk through for it.

Reactions: thanhdoku

Debizzle

Aug 15, 2013
This make your phone standout wit this simple mod! Lol

HTC ONE (GOOGLE PLAY EDITION)
S-OFF
UNLOCKED
RUNNING ANDROID REVOLUTION HD 6.1*GOOGLE EDITION ROM

Dan-SRi

Aug 16, 2010
Dorset
Kinda works on my note 3, any ideas on how I can remove the arrows? They ruin it lol.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1406917279241.jpg
    1406917279241.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 970

calutzu

Sep 19, 2011
Brasov, Romania
Works on Galaxy S4 running Omega v34. Nice! :)

Sent from phone

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Kinda works on my note 3, any ideas on how I can remove the arrows? They ruin it lol.

If u want to remove arrows (after removing arrows, the icon is a little bigger, but is more better and look nice,in my opinion), go to Xposed Installer (or install aplication if u don't installed yet) and in "Download" , check, download and install "Wanam Xposed". After install Wanam Xposed, go to "Notification Panel" and check "Hide WiFi in/out" . This things remove the data in and out arrows that appear inside the reversed WiFi signal. Hope to understand :)

Sent from phone

Reactions: Dan-SRi

Dan-SRi

Aug 16, 2010
Dorset

Sent from phone

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

If u want to remove arrows (after removing arrows, the icon is a little bigger, but is more better and look nice,in my opinion), go to Xposed Installer (or install aplication if u don't installed yet) and in "Download" , check, download and install "Wanam Xposed". After install Wanam Xposed, go to "Notification Panel" and check "Hide WiFi in/out" . This things remove the data in and out arrows that appear inside the reversed WiFi signal. Hope to understand :)

Sent from phone

Awesome. Thank you! :good:

RohithRaj1729

Mar 25, 2014
thanx.....made rightside wifi...!!

I've seen your tutorials and made my first module - rightside wifi...!!
Thanks man..!:good:

Attachments

• RightsideWifi.apk
    241.9 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Reactions: Akoolive

thor1k

Jul 11, 2014
excuse you, but this is probably my favorite mod of all. I never would have thought of it and yet the signal POV has always subtly bugged me

d0ugie

Jan 30, 2007
New York
batteryboss.org
I lol'd. Great way, developer, to inspire others.

Tomorrow I'm actually going to show this off to my coworkers with uprooted Nexuses. I bet they'll be impressed. Wow, you can turn your wifi cone upside down? F yes I can.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Turns your Wifi icon upside down. After all, you are receiving signal, right?

This was an Xposed module that was created to help teach people how to write a basic Xposed module from start to finish. You can find the series on Youtube.

On my Nexus 7:

XgFwHsd.png

Get it on the repository.

I have not done any Cydia Substrate development, but if I end up doing so, I would like to make a walk through for it.

Cool, I look forward to the possibility! :)

Sent from phone

Sent from phone
    thanx.....made rightside wifi...!!

I've seen your tutorials and made my first module - rightside wifi...!!
    Thanks man..!:good: